Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rose and the new baby, I need some help x

+3
Felix&Willow
Tuckerbunnies
4390evans
7 posters

Go down

rose and the new baby, I need some help x Empty rose and the new baby, I need some help x

Post by 4390evans Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:51 pm

So today Rose has just totaly smashed her cage up which she is usualy neat unless there is a dig box in, Ive just left her be she is in the kitchen so up a height so florry cant get at her, Ive went in there this evening to put some food in and couldnt see the baby, I put on a pair of gloves and moved the tissue and it was gone.
I looked about couldnt find it and I thought she may have ate him or something so I decided to move the cage back to its normal way and she had pulled the hay bin over and moved her massive litter tray into the hay bin, I moved the hay bin and the tray dropped and it was tippeling so I lifted it up and the baby was underneath! the only thing that was stopping Rose crushing him was the hay bin keeping the litter tray up. He is cold wrinkly and crying out, what shall I do???
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

rose and the new baby, I need some help x Empty Re: rose and the new baby, I need some help x

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:13 am

4390evans wrote:So today Rose has just totaly smashed her cage up which she is usualy neat unless there is a dig box in, Ive just left her be she is in the kitchen so up a height so florry cant get at her, Ive went in there this evening to put some food in and couldnt see the baby, I put on a pair of gloves and moved the tissue and it was gone.
I looked about couldnt find it and I thought she may have ate him or something so I decided to move the cage back to its normal way and she had pulled the hay bin over and moved her massive litter tray into the hay bin, I moved the hay bin and the tray dropped and it was tippeling so I lifted it up and the baby was underneath! the only thing that was stopping Rose crushing him was the hay bin keeping the litter tray up. He is cold wrinkly and crying out, what shall I do???

Oh dear the baby sounds dehydrated and hungry, is Rose still feeding baby?

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

rose and the new baby, I need some help x Empty Re: rose and the new baby, I need some help x

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:18 am

I really feel that Rose is rejecting her baby you may have to take over and hand rear baby I fear Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:25 pm

I got mick to go out and get some goats milk last night as murphy (babies name) wouldnt settle and go to sleep constantly yelping anf flaying about, he was all wrinkled and freezing. So I go mick to nip to asda and I had a a syringe off the bairn I sterilised that in boining water and very slowly dropped warm milk into his mouth, he was opening his mouth as if to suckle but didnt want the plactic any where near him after about a hour of both of us covered in goats milk he settled still wrinkly but he went to sleep I rubbed him on mam and put him back in the nest. This morning he is freezing so I warmed some kitchen roll up in the oven for a few seconds and wrapped it round him, he took 2 drops and went to sleep nicely Ive removed everything from roses cage so she cant harm him with anything and I keep putting him back in, I dunno if this is the right thing to do but she just sits and watches him x
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:56 pm

Just keep your eye on Murphy in case Rose attacks him.

I don't know if you have seen this on the forum but it's very helpful and useful information on handrearing Smile

https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t38-how-to-guide-handrearing

( I have a bonded pair called Rosie & Murphy ) Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:24 pm

I have read the thread on handrearing and it's really packed with info- good luck with the little one, hope he is ok! X
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:34 pm

Murphy passed at 9pm tonight poor mite, Im so sad and angry that rose didnt take to him!
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Don't be angry with her - to have a second birth so close to the first must have taken it out of her. Or maybe she knew something was not right with him.

I am sorry to hear he passed, but please don't blame her!

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:43 pm

aww so sorry to hear that!! I agree with Cheryl, she must have known something wasn't right with him! This is one of those cases where no-one is to blame. nature just sometimes goes against us!

I hope your ok Hugs
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:45 pm

I know, I dont blame her. In a a way im glad she isnt stuck in the cage for the next 8 weeks stuck to the kits and she can go out with the girls, I think thats what she misses. Rose talks with her eyes (if you know what I mean) and she looked sick as a chip. Im so sad he has passed though, what a waste of life!
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm

I think it was all too much for Rose. She already has kits to look after.

It is a shame that the baby died, but they are very fragile and it doesn't take much.

You can now proceed to have her neutered so this doesn't happen again.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:12 pm

yeah thats the best option, I would hate for her to ever go through this again, how long do I have to wait after she has had a baby but has non to feed?
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:31 pm

so sorry to hear about the little mite but you did everything you could and more Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:46 pm

4390evans wrote:yeah thats the best option, I would hate for her to ever go through this again, how long do I have to wait after she has had a baby but has non to feed?

I would give your vets a buzz tomorrow and ask them. It might not be too long and then you know that you won't have to go through this sorry situation again. For now, be extra vigilant to ensure she doesn't get pregnant again.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:57 pm

Ahhh I'm so sorry Crying or Very sad this has really upset me but I had a feeling that Rose wasn't happy with the baby and I think that's why she trashed her bed and was sat staring at Murphy plus if she wasn't feeding him he would have been losing out on those vital vitamins and nutrients that keep him strong and healthy in his Mothers milk. Oh so sad Crying or Very sad

Sleep Tight Baby xxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:40 am

yeah she Is goona go in the enclosesure for now so no one can get in, and the girls can come up and sniff her as Ill have to get her in with the group again before I put her out for good.
Feel realy sorry for him poo thing was taking his last breaths in my had was realy upsetting, thought my bf was gonna burst out crying, and were not crying people!
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:46 am

Poor baby Crying or Very sad

Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum