Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Bridge Animals

+3
fall3n-ang3l
KatieB
icedancer
7 posters

Go down

My Bridge Animals  Empty My Bridge Animals

Post by icedancer Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:09 pm

I know I've mentioned a bit about my bridge animals in a few posts so thought I would share some piccies. Sadly I don't have any digital ones of my first piggie, Jack, or first bunny Dylan (albino nethie).

Firstly the piggies. This is Ruby (brown) and Scarlet (black). Two gorgeous sisters who were very vocal and would squeak very loudly if you had the audacity to go anywhere near the patio door as they wanted grass! They were very much in love and pretty much ignored us unless food was about, although they did like cuddles as long as both were on your lap or they called for each other. Scarlet did have the lovely habit of humping Ruby whenever we had visitors though HBWS The first pic is them as babies

My Bridge Animals  DSC00088

My Bridge Animals  Ruby

My Bridge Animals  P1000601

Before the girls were Bailey (black) and Bacardi (brown), two brothers who came to us before Christmas, hence booze names. They were brothers who lived happily together until Bacardi decided Bailey was ruining his chances of a hump. Oddly, years later Bacardi wanted to be friends but Bailey was having none of it. After Bailey died, Bacardi lived alone until the two girls moved in next door to him. He was given a new lease of life and loved looking over into their pen.

My Bridge Animals  Picture014

Now the bunnies

This was second bunny, Benji. The biggest bunny I've owned and also the most stubborn. If he didn't want to go home he would put all his weight on the floor and refuse to move! He was very loving and although it took me a while to bond with him, I think of him very fondly. You could do anything to Benji, and he just didn't care.

My Bridge Animals  Benjiongrass4

My Bridge Animals  Benjiongrass5

Lastly Pickle. This bunny had issues. He hated women, and would lunge and bite when you went to feed him. My mother trained him to beg for biscuits though which really helped his dental problems HBWS I never really bonded with this rabbit, partly because I just couldn't stroke him or anything, yet with my Dad he was like a baby. When I moved out I left him there! He was neutered to try and get over his issues but it didn't help. I have a feeling he was the longest living of all the bunnies too, and the most unsocial!

My Bridge Animals  Pickle10wks2

My Bridge Animals  IMGP0113

My Bridge Animals  Picture020

I could bore you all day with piccies of them but I'll stop! I refrained from adding all the hamsters too!

Hope you enjoyed Smile
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

My Bridge Animals  Empty Re: My Bridge Animals

Post by icedancer Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:12 pm

I've just realised how long Pickles claws are in that second pic, he only let men cut them so had to go to the vet for it HBWS I'm guessing that was taken just before they were done
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:40 pm

What a gorgeous gorgeous bunch!

you must miss them all terribly x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:53 pm

gorgeous,gorgeous Love
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:58 pm

I really miss the piggies. For months after Ruby died we both thought we still heard her squeaking! What was strange was the brown girl and boy and black girl and boy were like clones of each other. The browns were the outgoing noisey ones, and the blacks were cuddly and softies.

Benji, and my nethie Dylan (I'll scan in some pics of him one day) I have such fond memories of. Benji had it tough because he was the complete opposite of Dylan, and really I did get him too soon after Dylan died.

My parents still rave about Pickle, my Dad because he adored him and my Mum because she trained him to do bad stuff. I was fond of Pickle, but I never had the feelings I had for him as I did the others, partly because he hated me so much! He just didn't feel like "my" rabbit.

Benji would have made a good house rabbit. Pickle was a house rabbit but was still an evil so and so!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:56 pm

Lovely pics x

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper