Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

c c cages, where can i buy supplies??

+2
lizzi_b
emma.b_90
6 posters

Go down

c c cages, where can i buy supplies?? Empty c c cages, where can i buy supplies??

Post by emma.b_90 Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:20 am

Can any1 tell me where i can buy the grids to build a c-c cage/condo??

I have never attempted to build anything like this before so any help will be appreciated. At the min i have my baby housed in a ferplast cage its just over 4'x2'x3' small compared the minimum requirements. Looking at the information on housing i think i was missed sold as i was told this would be plenty big enough, and i suppose at the min it is as he's only 10weeks, but he's not gonna be 10weeks forever. So i wanna get a wriggle on and creat him a palace!! lol

So any help in regards to what i may need and where i can buy supplies, i wanna get this done a.s.a.p x x x

emma.b_90
emma.b_90
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

c c cages, where can i buy supplies?? Empty Re: c c cages, where can i buy supplies??

Post by lizzi_b Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:41 am

ahh they are my favourite things ever!! This is the thread i posted last week:
https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t14075-new-home-in-an-hour

I got the c&c cages off amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pet-Cage-Run-Play-Pen/dp/B004SXSER6/ref=sr_1_2?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1320492994&sr=1-2 I have just noticed they have gone up by £10 in price since i bought mine as they are obviously very popular!!

I am assuming you live in the UK...try googling "wire mesh cubes" as thats how i found them, if you search C&C grids, you will only get American sites, which either won't ship over here or will cost you an arm and a leg to do so!! Also when you find the ones on the B&Q website, don't get too excited!! They no longer sell them, but just haven't taken them off their website!! (really annoying as they were the cheepest and really popular), but no B&Q in the country has any and don't know if they will ever get any more (ive been checking back every couple of weeks since may!!!)

Hope that helps!!! Smile
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

c c cages, where can i buy supplies?? Empty Re: c c cages, where can i buy supplies??

Post by lizzi_b Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:45 am

There is also this old thread which has possibly the best and most impressive bunny house made from these grids!! https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t7041-unveiling-of-the-play-bunny-mansion-pic-heavy

I wish i had the space for something like this!!
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:38 pm

You can get the grids from B&Q. Im afraid i dont have the link and im not sure all stores stock them now, but they are about £22.

You can get hold of correx from a sign/plastics shop. I got mine from Signs & Plastics in Middlesbrough, im not sure they deliver nationally, but you can always check them out. I got a huge sheet for £13. Alternatively you can buy corrotherm from B&Q its a lot sturdier than the correx. Piggiepigpigs on youtube uses it and its that strong that she no longer uses grids. Good luck!! x
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jalith3 Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Did you get what you needed Emma?
Just seen your post and I sent for really nice ones about three years ago.
Let me know if you are still looking
Sarah

jalith3
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by emma.b_90 Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:57 am

hey i havent got them yet, was going to wait til after xmas. so if you have a good place to recommend that would be great! thanks x
emma.b_90
emma.b_90
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:59 am

I think CC cubes are a great idea, so flexible and adaptable. great for destructive house buns too Very Happy Looking forward to seeing what you do with them!
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:59 pm

lizzi_blackwell3 wrote:Also when you find the ones on the B&Q website, don't get too excited!! They no longer sell them, but just haven't taken them off their website!! (really annoying as they were the cheepest and really popular), but no B&Q in the country has any and don't know if they will ever get any more (ive been checking back every couple of weeks since may!!!)
Our humans got some from B&Q in June / July. They weren't easy to get - Blackburn showed them in stock but they weren't to be found on the shelf, so they online-reserved them and eventually they were found out the back Rolling Eyes Preston had none on the shelf one week as they had sold about 23 packs that week, but they were back on the shelf the following week.

It's worth persevering with B&Q as they are soooooo much cheaper than anywhere else Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Sparky wrote:
lizzi_blackwell3 wrote:Also when you find the ones on the B&Q website, don't get too excited!! They no longer sell them, but just haven't taken them off their website!! (really annoying as they were the cheepest and really popular), but no B&Q in the country has any and don't know if they will ever get any more (ive been checking back every couple of weeks since may!!!)
Our humans got some from B&Q in June / July. They weren't easy to get - Blackburn showed them in stock but they weren't to be found on the shelf, so they online-reserved them and eventually they were found out the back Rolling Eyes Preston had none on the shelf one week as they had sold about 23 packs that week, but they were back on the shelf the following week.

It's worth persevering with B&Q as they are soooooo much cheaper than anywhere else Thumbs Up

They are much cheaper, but they don't seem to sell them any more!! Sad When I was searching originally, I rang every B&Q in the country and not in stock in any of them, and the only way to reserve them is to go in and pay for them and then hope some turn up, but it could be 6months before any arrive!! Apparently because they come from China, their computer doesn't tell them when they are next getting them in! I keep checking back every week at my local B&Q's and they still haven't got any in and ive been trying them for 4months now!! Rolling Eyes
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:45 pm

I can't track them down on the B&Q website any more either Hmmm

If we come across any, maybe we'll stock up. Humum has been *so* glad of them when one or more of us has had to be indoors for a while, or needed an outdoor area penned off...
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jalith3 Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:26 pm

Emma
I searched high and low for them. They didn't have such things here in the Netherlands, couldn't locate them in the UK although I was told I could get them from B&Q. No luck there however and shipping them from the US was going to be really costly.
This is where I got mine:
Robert May - The shopfitting people - although I paid an outfit called Mark Cansick & Company ph- 020 8340 0094. The guy I dealt with was called Patrick but I think he was their export person and this was about four years ago.
The product you are looking for is 'Wire Mini Grid Panel System'. They were not cheap but then I had to get them sent here. They are wonderful quality because they are designed as shop fittings.
You can google them or phone the number above.
Good luck and let me know how you get on.
Sarah
ps. my wire panel cage was dismantled a while ago for anumber of reasons but at some point I may build it up again. Use twist ties to secure the wire panels -they are brilliant, and cut the ends off so the bunnies don't get them in the eye!!

jalith3
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum