Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Housing Price

2 posters

Go down

Housing Price Empty Housing Price

Post by Daniel Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:37 am

What do you feel is a good price?
You've seen the hutch I've built but that doesn't come cheap nor is it made out of cheap materials. However the world we live in price matters and I can not in anyway right now get a price lower than £330 for a basic 6ft long hutch similar to but not the same as the one you see in the photos.

But I still think that is just too much even with the quality and the fact it will last a long time. I could easily get the price down but then I will be doing what everyone does by creating a cheap, small and poor housing which won’t last long nor support the welfare of rabbits.

Daniel
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-10-28

http://www.boylespethousing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Housing Price Empty Re: Housing Price

Post by Vince the bunny Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:45 pm

The most I have spent on a hutch was £169, for a Rose Cottage from P@H. I felt this was a lot. I believe the hutch to be very well made and solid. Does your price include your labour? If so, perhaps you need to look at your hourly rate?
I personally wouldn't pay £330 and I can see that your hutch is very well made and of sound materials, I am in no way criticising your hutch at all Smile I personally would rather pay that on a large well made shed or play house for the extra room that they would provide.
It's difficult when you make things yourself to sell, I used to make home made bamboo babies washable nappies and people said 'why don't you sell them?' but tbh, I couldn't make them any cheaper than the most popular recognised brands, so who would buy my homemade ones?
I just make things now for my own satisfaction and enjoyment.
I do hope you can find a way forward with your hutch Smile
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Vince the bunny wrote:The most I have spent on a hutch was £169, for a Rose Cottage from P@H. I felt this was a lot. I believe the hutch to be very well made and solid. Does your price include your labour? If so, perhaps you need to look at your hourly rate?
I personally wouldn't pay £330 and I can see that your hutch is very well made and of sound materials, I am in no way criticising your hutch at all Smile I personally would rather pay that on a large well made shed or play house for the extra room that they would provide.
It's difficult when you make things yourself to sell, I used to make home made bamboo babies washable nappies and people said 'why don't you sell them?' but tbh, I couldn't make them any cheaper than the most popular recognised brands, so who would buy my homemade ones?
I just make things now for my own satisfaction and enjoyment.
I do hope you can find a way forward with your hutch Smile

I agree I'm afraid. If someone said to me 'I have £330 to spend on a new home for my buns what do you recommend?' I would immediately tell them to buy a shed. You can buy a biggish shed and line it for that money and end up with something you can sit in with your buns. I used to have a really nice 7ftx3ftx3ft hutch custom made and it cost me about £130. It wasn't shoddily made although it was for indoor use so it had no felt on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:56 am

I agree that cheap sheds are better value than the current type of hutches offered on the market. However i disagree with saying that cheap sheds are more value than the type of hutch i've made. Anyway i've managed to get the cost down to £270 but do not feel i can go any lower than that.

Daniel
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-10-28

http://www.boylespethousing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: