Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booster Query

5 posters

Go down

Booster Query Empty Booster Query

Post by icedancer Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:20 am

Whens the best time to get the boosters done for the two injections? Florences myxi is due the end of next month, is it better to wait for the exact date, or is it better/can you have it done before? I can't remember from my previous bunnies
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Booster Query Empty Re: Booster Query

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:26 am

ATM I would suggest you hang on. The joint vaccine is due out next month and may allow you to go to a once yearly single injection.

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:29 am

Her VHD isn't due unti September. Would it matter if that was six months early?
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:31 am

In that case have the booster now and the joint in sept. That is the decision me and my vet have come to.

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:37 am

That's kind of what I was thinking. Whens best for her to have the booster though? The date its due or a few weeks before? Where there's myxi in Reading I'm a tad concerned, but don't want to overload her if its still in her system
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:40 am

A week or so won't make much difference. Mine had theirs 9 days early.

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:52 am

Ive had the same dilema with the new joint vaccine for Charlie and annie, but in the end I decided I really didnt want them to wait for their myxi and got it done last night instead.....myxi is just to risky. So Ive booked them in for their VHD in two weeks.

They have never had their VHD before as the rescue didnt beleive in giving it....which I found a bit odd. But then I guess they had to prioritise their income, which must be really hard.

Id still like to know what the decision is on whether buns who have had a different VHD vaccine will be covered by the new one? Anyone have any news on that??
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:00 am

not yet.

Someone has put in a joint vaccine question to Molly Varga on Supreme's ask the vet so it will be interesting to see what she says.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:21 am

I've asked the BVA for a clarification statement that we can publish - they are on to it, but haven't got back to me yet - I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.

With the vaccines, I tend to alter the date and go earlier if there is a known problem - like this year - in the area. Beacuse so many vacc'd buns were getting Myxo, I took Stewie for his booster 3 weeks early.

The VHD one I do on roughly the same date each year - irrespective of whether I've changed the Myxo date, and provided that it's at least2 weeks after the Myxo.

Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:54 am

I have this problem now. Both of mine are going in for their myxo today but VHD wise Tigger is overdue and Jeeves isn't due until April. I don't know what to do!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:00 am

Dotdot wrote:I have this problem now. Both of mine are going in for their myxo today but VHD wise Tigger is overdue and Jeeves isn't due until April. I don't know what to do!

I'd give you vet a ring and see if their planning to use the new Jab. If they will have it within the next month I would consider waiting so both buns can have one jab together.

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:13 am

You know, the more I think about the single jab the less I want my bunnies to have it. I sort of like the fact they get a check up with the jabs, and it gives you a chance to talk to the vet about any worries.

Maybe that's just because I'm a bit neurotic, but I'm kind of going to miss that reassurance that they get looked at every six months. I guess I'll talk to mmy vet about that when Florence gets her myxi booster, it might be I can still take them for a six monthly check up.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:13 pm

I went this morning as they needed their myxo booster and she said she wasn't expecting to get hold of it for quite a while. I went ahead with the myxo and was told that Jeeves will be ok having his VHD a month early.

I'm very lucky, when the new jab does come out I will be able to take my pair up every six months for an aptly named 'happy hopper' nurse clinic which is FREE. Includes teeth checks, nail clipping, weight etc
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Dotdot wrote:I went this morning as they needed their myxo booster and she said she wasn't expecting to get hold of it for quite a while. I went ahead with the myxo and was told that Jeeves will be ok having his VHD a month early.

I'm very lucky, when the new jab does come out I will be able to take my pair up every six months for an aptly named 'happy hopper' nurse clinic which is FREE. Includes teeth checks, nail clipping, weight etc

I've been trying to plan too because I didn't want anybun to have a single vaccine and then the combined vaccine too soon after but my vets also don't know when to expect the new vaccine. They were told 'new year', 'February' and now 'March', but March could be 3 weeks or 7 weeks off so doesn't help with the planning. I'm just going to carry on as normal until they get the new vaccine in. As my vet is really keen on the new vaccine I guess I'll be going with it as I know I have total faith in her total faith!

The happy hoppers sounds good Very Happy We don't have nurse clinics as my vets but I think I will raise the subject of 6 monthly checks.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down