Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm ready to come clean

+3
KatieB
icedancer
Thumper2001
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I'm ready to come clean - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm ready to come clean

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Haha! You keep on at her Sparky!!

Funny you should mention neutering, I've just posted about that in tall tails Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:47 am

I and many of us will be able to relate to the feeling of disloyalty. The day we brought Stewie home should have been a very happy one, yet Paul and I were in tears when we let him out to explore - we felt like traitors.

I felt very uneasy about the whole thing for ages, and it almost felt mechanical - we were giving a home to an abandoned bunny - that was all- and yes, we could do that, but for weeks, I felt nothing. Numbness stayed with us for ages, but little by little, he chewed away at this coldness, and won us over. I can't imagine life without him now, but I'll be perfectly honest - (and don't hate me for it please...I can't help that way I feel...) I'd do anything to have Bertie back here, WITH Stewie - although I doubt either of them would be happy with that arrangement!

The way I feel about it now is that the 'disloyalty' is in not getting another bun.

Everything that we learn about keeping rabbits to the highest standards we can, and giving them love and security is still with you. Thumper benefitted from this, and your journey together has enabled you to give another rabbit a wonderful life - tell me that isn't what Thumper would have wanted...

If you can, then no more bun(s) yet, if you can't - then go ahead. You have everything any bunny could wish for, both practically and emotionally, and it could be viewed as almost a responsibility to act on that.

I hope that makes sense, sorry if I haven't worded it sensitively, I've been up reviewing welfare legal docs since 6 a.m.... but I hope you knwo what I mean Hugs
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:53 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:All I can say is I have have been living with rabbits for 26 ( maybe longer ) years with a 2 year break. They are the reason I get up in the morning , they are just wonderful creatures that even talking about them makes me want to cry as I love them so much. I couldn't imagine my life without them as I would be lonely and deeply depressed. With me having MH issues they have given me a life, taught me so very much and they are so therapeutic, but then animals are !

Firstly I don't think you would be disloyal to Thumper by giving a home to two buns who are going to need a forever home one day, I think Thumper would be kind of proud of her Mummy and I can imagine her sat next to big Uncle Pud and nudging him with a paw and smiling with her nose as bunnies do, but at the end of the day it's what you want and what is best for you. You can never replace Thumper and you wouldn't want to like I can never ever replace Pud.
I still think you need time as you have so much going on in your mind, you are still grieving for Thumper and then thinking about these little baby buns and then Thumper and then you are in meltdown.

Whatever you choose to do I am sure will be for the best Hugs Hugs
Maysie, I totally missed this somehow scratch I didn't intentionally not reply to you Embarassed

Thank you for your point of view, I totally agree with you that animals are therapeutic and they make me smile so much. Its been so hard adjusting to life without Thumper, she could always make me smile, even when the day has been rubbish!!!

That is a lovely image you have put in my head of Pud and Thumper, thank you for that. I really hope they have found each other because she doesn't know anybun at the bridge Sad

X
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:10 pm

No problem Thumper2001 at all, it is easily done, I've done it many times myself Hugs

I'm sure Pud and Thumper are together and Thumper will be mothering and looking after young Cloud Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:14 pm

Jay,

Thanks for your wise words and it wasn't worded badly at all.

You know, I think if I was to take them, I would feel the same as you did at the beginning. I suppose it's only natural. And I DEFINITELY don't think bad of you for saying you would do anything to have Bertie back, that just shows how much he meant to you. I know what you mean, I really would give up anything too.

I don't think Thumper would be mad at me for bringing more buns into the house. I don't think. But it doesn't seem to make me more comfortable with it just yet.

I wish I could put my finger on exactly what is holding me back but I can't seem to. Perhaps it's self preservation. I'm not sure if I can put myself through it again.

Another thing that worries me is that I'm scared for the Buns in case I find I can't connect with them or love them even near as much as I did my girl. It makes me so sad to think of buns living without love.

I'm scared in case I accidentally let them breed.

I'm terrified at the thought of getting them neutered.

I'm scared in case I get sickly buns and I start going round the bend, I don't think I could take it.

Didn't I just say I couldn't put my finger on it and then I listed things scratch see I don't know my own mind anymore!! Laughing

I wish a bun would just knock at the door so I have no choice in the matter Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:37 am

Do you want me to send my two to knock on your door for a holiday Laughing Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:05 pm

icedancer wrote:Do you want me to send my two to knock on your door for a holiday Laughing Laughing
YES!!! Please do!!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2