Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

not totally finished but at least he out the cage

+2
NickieM
dizzylynn
6 posters

Go down

not totally finished but at least he out the cage Empty not totally finished but at least he out the cage

Post by dizzylynn Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:16 pm

not totally finished but at least he out the cage 395558_10150526493191750_567136749_9184330_1129799050_n

He is chuffed with the space now. Still to add his level and panel the top section its done 2/3rds up so not so bad the now.

not totally finished but at least he out the cage 400309_10150526494316750_567136749_9184332_1546304721_n
Used up all the straw better buy a bail lol

not totally finished but at least he out the cage 408886_10150526483246750_567136749_9184313_1143694550_n
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

not totally finished but at least he out the cage Empty Re: not totally finished but at least he out the cage

Post by NickieM Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:21 pm

Looking good, but I would suggest that you don't use wood chippings as bedding because it can get into their eyes and is quite dusty and can cause breathing problems.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

not totally finished but at least he out the cage Empty Re: not totally finished but at least he out the cage

Post by dizzylynn Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:41 pm

Its aspen, the last of it, dust free as its for snakes but stopped using it with the snakes made far to much mess trying to reach the viv when cleaning it out, so had a big huge bag in the shed just covered bottom with it till get up town for some lino for the base. Hubby decided to do it at last mine, about time lol. Time he was finished was kids tea time. I need it finished over next few weeks and a level added with a ramp to give him more floor space. Just glad to get them out the cages, 1 is going in the bin other is going as a spare might need it for something later on,
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:32 am

Looking Fab!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:52 pm

Over all I think he has the least space, but he aint bothered he has room to binky and room to stretch up, he hasnt used his litter tray tho so will move that or get a second one and put it in the corner where he has went. I will get the level as soon as hubby finishes the top section, and make a ramp the level will be at the back of this one as the door is central where as charlies is to the right so made it easier to add level along the full side.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:12 pm

Ooh I bet he just wants to dive head first into that straw!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:14 pm

He did lol, watched him through the wee window, he was rolling about in it, plenty to keep him warm in the corner, only probs is I gave him his 1st and ran out for poor rosie, so will have to use hay under the stray for her today till get up to the farm. No paying pets at home £6 for a wee bag that I can get a full mini bail from farm for £5
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:54 pm

What a super home they have.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:12 pm

That's brilliant Thumbs Up but agree with the shavings as even if they are dust free sometimes the shavings themselves get in the bunnies eyes and can irrate them and cause problems, hay is much warmer in the Winter for them as well Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:48 pm

I agree about the shavings. You also do not need to cover the floor in bedding. You can put the old cage or hutch into the playhouse and leave it open. Fill the hutch with hay. Hopefully he will pick a spot to use for toileting then a litter tray is all he will need. By having less bedding in the playhouse you are also cutting down the opportunities for bug to live in there with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down