Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in!

+2
dizzylynn
marleyNfriends
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in! Empty Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in!

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:20 pm

My playhouse arrived today, i dont have any pictures as its still in the packaging, but i was just wondering if it would be ok to have a 6ft run instead of an 8ft run. I feel a bit guilty about it, as i love the length of the 8ft one, so im not sure what to do.

I just have a feeling my parents will say that an 8ft run is going to stick out a bit too much in the space that i have. I could always put Marley and Dolly in the new playhouse with the smaller run, as theyre smaller than Davie. What do you think? scratch The reason i worry, is because i cant really allow them to free range apart from when i bring them indoors a few days a week as my garden isnt safe.

Last edited by marleyNfriends on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in! Empty Re: Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in!

Post by dizzylynn Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Add a level in the play house, to give the buns 2 floors increasing the floor space and the smaller run should be ok, check out my build to give you ideas, its not big like wanted but charlie seems to love it.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in! Empty Re: Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in!

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:27 pm

dizzylynn wrote:Add a level in the play house, to give the buns 2 floors increasing the floor space and the smaller run should be ok, check out my build to give you ideas, its not big like wanted but charlie seems to love it.

Ive had a look at it, it looks fab. I dont really want to start putting shelves in this playhouse, as theres a chance i might have to take it all down within a few months. I spent a fortune doing things like this in the other one, and i feel like its been a bit wasted, as if we move, i may not be able to keep them both.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:40 pm

If you have an ikea near you they do a cheap coffee table, its about 14.99, get that and use it as a level, use upside down boxes to make steps up to it, just wrap twine round the legs to stop them nibbling it. That way all you need to do is take it out if you have to move it.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Thats a good idea, i could use one of those plastic childrens tables too. The thing i like about the 8ft runs is that the buns can get some speed up for a binky. Though the table is a good alternative to a fixed shelf, it doesnt solve the issue.

I guess ill just have to get the playhouse put up first and see what an 8ft run will look like sticking out.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Also when you have the run attatched when the door is open that will give them that wee bit extra length. Charlies is about 2 mtrs I think cant remember plus his house gives him another 120cm on top of that so its a good area, just need to get some toys or tubes to add some interest for him. Build the house and see how it works after that. what one did you get, I got 2 different ones, charlies is great solid and has a good window, but smokeys is utter rubbish, its not as sturdy and the windows were just plastic fixed in place which I had to remove the other day he was cooking in there. His door is a stable door thats one o the reasons I got it, but when its closed its not fully closed there is a small gap where he can see outside and nibbles it, cant wait to finish his run, so can just put a cat flap under one of the windows so he can come and go as he pleases.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:46 pm

The door open? Its going to be attached with a catflap at the side rather than on the front. The door of this one will remain closed because it has a good sized opening window. Its the Kitty playhouse from B&Q Its good and solid like the one i already have, just a bit more pretty looking. Im sure ill work something out anyway Smile I was going to do what you have done on one of your playhouses, where its attached to the front, but i didnt want to have to crouch that low down.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:50 pm

I havent put cat flap on mine, the door was just left open for charlies 1st run in it. I will probs add one tho under the window, mines was from b&q not sure if its same one, solid door on right with window on left that opens??? dont know if you can see in the photos. Lined mine so might be hard to get a cat flap on it.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:36 pm

dizzylynn wrote:I havent put cat flap on mine, the door was just left open for charlies 1st run in it. I will probs add one tho under the window, mines was from b&q not sure if its same one, solid door on right with window on left that opens??? dont know if you can see in the photos. Lined mine so might be hard to get a cat flap on it.

No, mines the bigger 5x4 one, but the one you have is the one i was going to get, but not from B&Q as someone else was selling them for £100...except in the end i ended up paying twice as much! Rolling Eyes Never mind, at least i can get into this one and sit with them.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:44 pm

ahh the bigger one will be great, they can jump and stretch in that size so its a good buy. Mines is finished now, there out playing and loving it.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:42 am

Its up - only took 3 of us all day yesterday! Laughing The instructions may as well have been in Chinese! Some of the parts were wrong too, but we improvised and its looking good.

Going to paint it today, my friend forgot to get more lino, so its going to have to be put in tomorrow, shame really, as it would have been better to lay on top of the floor as we were putting the sides on. I have a couple of pictures, but dont know how to upload them from my phone, so ill get htem all up when im done! Buns should be moving in tomorrow or Thursday. Very Happy

ETA: Ive shared a picture from my phone on the Marley and Friends Facebook group. I think anyone should be able to see it, heres the link.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/347735758616388/
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:53 am

I see it, its either smaller than charlies or the windows are bigger making it seem that way, its wider tho by looks of it, his just has the 1 window and a solid door. A table at the back to add the level would be ideal with this one, mines has the level at the side under the window. Your window might be to low to do the same.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:24 pm

dizzylynn wrote:I see it, its either smaller than charlies or the windows are bigger making it seem that way, its wider tho by looks of it, his just has the 1 window and a solid door. A table at the back to add the level would be ideal with this one, mines has the level at the side under the window. Your window might be to low to do the same.

I dont know how big Charlie's is, but this one is 5ft x 4ft. The window is pretty huge, and the door is quite wide.

Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in! 2012-06-04122008

HRH Poppy Dog approves!
Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in! 2012-06-04133437

Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in! 2012-06-04205731

Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in! 2012-06-05184314

Ill upload some more when we get it finished Smile
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Looking good Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Sparky wrote:Looking good Thumbs Up

Thank you Sparky Smile

Im hoping to have it finished today and get the buns moved in. I cant believe how long its taken, im getting a bit sick now! Theres no run attached to it yet, as i havent decided what i want. Ill get some pictures up later on. Wave
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:22 pm

It deffo looks slightly wider than mine, so with the shelf in mine it probs makes about same sort of floor space, far better quility than my second 1 I got for smokey and rosie, what a peace of rubbish, wont last as long as charlies his is solid and heavier quility wood, where as the second one is thinner and lighter. Looks good, the concreate area you have it on will be fine with the run that size.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:54 pm

Its taken us 4 days, and this is what weve got now. Laughing Its a lot of work for a pair of buns who arent going to give a hoot about what it looks like! Rolling Eyes

Waiting for the silicone to set properly, but they should be in there tonight. Im going to have to get a 6x4 run, maybe 7x4 if i can get away with it, but the 8x4 juts out far too much. Should have seen Dads face when i tried to measure it! Even i was shocked TBH!

Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in! 523478_240234412754459_496266324_n

Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in! 523478_240234412754459_496266324_n
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:29 pm

It's so cute!!!!!!

It's like a proper little house for them Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Just moved the buns in. Got some pictures, but the ones of the buns are all blurry, they were having a real good scout about!! No more pictures now, i promise...not until i get a run put on it at least! Razz

Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in! 2012-06-07214557
Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in! 2012-06-07214614Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in! 2012-06-07214730
Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in! 2012-06-07214758
Playhouse is here - FINISHED, Buns are in! 2012-06-07214957
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:52 pm

Aww! Its really nice!!

How are they getting on together? Do you think Skye is happier?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:53 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Aww! Its really nice!!

I think Skye is much happier and more confident around Davie. Davie is much happier with a bunny friend too, but he still loves human interaction, so much so that he will just ignore Skye completely if im anywhere near him! Laughing

I wonder how long it will take them to completely trash it. scratch
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:29 pm

I think it's fabulous Very Happy

marleyNfriends wrote:I wonder how long it will take them to completely trash it. scratch
Is it trashed yet? Wink
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Laughing No actually, i think someone missed the litter tray, but for a newly bonded pair, theyve been really tidy, apart from a hay cookie, but that was asking for trouble. Marley and Dolly have made 10x more mess. There are a few puddles of pee, and they have done lots of poos - RIGHT next to the litter tray. Too far away to be an accident too! Rolling Eyes Laughing
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:16 pm

It's ADORABLE!!!!! Love That so nice it could be used indoors!

gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:27 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:Aww! Its really nice!!

I think Skye is much happier and more confident around Davie. Davie is much happier with a bunny friend too, but he still loves human interaction, so much so that he will just ignore Skye completely if im anywhere near him! Laughing

I wonder how long it will take them to completely trash it. scratch
Aww! I'm so pleased for them both Very Happy
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next