Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really annoyed with my vets!

+7
paullp
KatieB
Thumper2001
NickieM
icedancer
Sparky
marleyNfriends
11 posters

Go down

Really annoyed with my vets! Empty Really annoyed with my vets!

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:48 pm

As fab as my vets are, i wish they would record things properly!!!
They didnt have bunny vaccine cards until recently - if they did, they never gave me one!

...So ive been keeping track of everything on my laptop, until it went kaput in November and i lost everything. I ask them to do me some cards and Skye has aparently had VHD twice instead of Myxi, Maggie has only had her VHD and Dolly aparently hasnt had anything!!! WHAAAAT!? So how the hell am i supposed to work out whos due what adn when???? Even worse, how the hell do i prove to the insurance company that their vaccines are up to date? Its void without them!!! Mad
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Really annoyed with my vets! Empty Re: Really annoyed with my vets!

Post by Sparky Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:50 pm

They must have the proper records, but they've probably asked an idiot to write them out.

I can't imagine them not being computerised so they ought to be able to pull up all their histories, surely? Hmmm
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Sparky wrote:They must have the proper records, but they've probably asked an idiot to write them out.

I can't imagine them not being computerised so they ought to be able to pull up all their histories, surely? Hmmm
The vet had to leave the room to look on the computer in order to do the cards for me, so shes either read them wrong or it hasnt been recorded properly. The computer in the consult room wasnt working.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:54 pm

That is bonkers - I hope Sparky is right. You wouldn't be able to board them either without up to date records. It is more than just needing a record they are done but most vaccine cards also include the batch number of the vaccine as well should there be any problems and also as extra proof of vaccination. When Bruce and Flo had their Cylap limp the vet sent back the batch number as part of the complaints info.

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:56 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:That is bonkers - I hope Sparky is right. You wouldn't be able to board them either without up to date records. It is more than just needing a record they are done but most vaccine cards also include the batch number of the vaccine as well should there be any problems and also as extra proof of vaccination. When Bruce and Flo had their Cylap limp the vet sent back the batch number as part of the complaints info.
Ive changed vets since Dolly had a reaction to cylap, but the vet didnt send anything off because he said hed never even heard of it. HBWS Thats one of many reasons why i left that practice!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:25 pm

Jeez I'd be really annoyed! I hope you manage to get it sorted.

Surely if Skye had been given VHD twice they would have flagged it up then!

Shocked
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Mine used to have a PC in the consulting room and they would record just after they did it. They also used to sign the vaccination card and peel off the sticker with the batch number and stick it onto the card too.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:57 pm

That is really crazy! I'd be fuming!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:34 pm

I am fuming, and i know whatever they have recorded is completely wrong because ive been keeping track myself the whole time. They have their vaccinations and 5 days later the reminder comes through the door, thats how up to date i kept them! Laughing

I just dont know where i am with it all now. Ill have a word with the practice manager or the head VN, they have their heads screwed on the right way. I hope something can be sorted and that it was a mistake! Im worried about the insurance now, though theyre up to date, i have no way of proving it!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:22 am

What? That is ridiculous! How can they operate that way!

I hope you can get to the bottom of it all honey.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:43 am

That sounds terrible - but surely their records must be wrong?

If they gave VHD twice, essentially unnecessary treatment that you paid for, wouldn't they get into trouble with whoever regulates them?

I suppose it's just lucky that your rabbits are still healthy
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:46 am

paullp wrote:That sounds terrible - but surely their records must be wrong?

If they gave VHD twice, essentially unnecessary treatment that you paid for, wouldn't they get into trouble with whoever regulates them?

I suppose it's just lucky that your rabbits are still healthy

Their records are wrong. I know theyve had the right vacs at the right times, but because i lost everything on my laptop, its thrown me off track. Thats not an ecuse for what happened yesterday though, everytime i try and get this information from them, theres a mistake!!! Part of me thinks that because i go on placement there they dont take my complaints very seriously. I get things at cost price, but because of that they dont put them through the system, so things are now missing off my rabbits records. If i had known that was going to be the case, id have paid full cost! HBWS
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:05 am

there must be someway of reporting them for neglegance or something i can't believe some vets can be like this Evil or Very Mad it seems it's humin doctor surgeries too can be bad my previous surgery was awful.
hope you sort it out soon

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:49 pm

This is a disgrace, please let us know when you get it sorted love.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:45 am

It's really shocking, and completely unprofessional. Vacc cards are essential, and these should have been offered, always.

Maybe they can supply you with a letter to confirm that your vaccs are all up to date for the next 6 months/year, and then when they get their house in order, you can get a card and start again with a clean slate.
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:06 am

Well im going in tomorrow so we'll see what comes of it. I cant complain, as its where i go on placement and its sooo hard to find a placement around here. As unprofessional as they can be at times, they are good at what they do, and from an educational point of view, they see such a wide variety of animals and perform a lot of different surgeries including orthopod stuff - i couldnt jeapordise that. Bit of a difficult situation really.

Ill let you know what happens. Thanks, Jay. Ill suggest that to them, when i asked for a card, the vet told me its not essential unless im taking them somewhere. Rolling Eyes Which is fair enough but if i suddenly decided to take them somewhere, id be in a pickle!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:46 am

Jay wrote:It's really shocking, and completely unprofessional. Vacc cards are essential, and these should have been offered, always.

Maybe they can supply you with a letter to confirm that your vaccs are all up to date for the next 6 months/year, and then when they get their house in order, you can get a card and start again with a clean slate.

Jay, that is an excellent idea!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:54 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:Well im going in tomorrow so we'll see what comes of it. I cant complain, as its where i go on placement and its sooo hard to find a placement around here. As unprofessional as they can be at times, they are good at what they do, and from an educational point of view, they see such a wide variety of animals and perform a lot of different surgeries including orthopod stuff - i couldnt jeapordise that. Bit of a difficult situation really.

Ill let you know what happens. Thanks, Jay. Ill suggest that to them, when i asked for a card, the vet told me its not essential unless im taking them somewhere. Rolling Eyes Which is fair enough but if i suddenly decided to take them somewhere, id be in a pickle!

It is essential Sophia - what if you fall out with them and need to go to a new vets? Or suddenly need to put them into boarding? Vaccinations cards are like a driving licence, it's proof you your pets identity. Flo has her identity chip number on hers as well. Not to mention it is information and proof that you are entitled to.

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Hope it has all worked itself out love.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum