Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sleeping on her pee corner

3 posters

Go down

sleeping on her pee corner Empty sleeping on her pee corner

Post by dizzylynn Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Noticed wee bella is lying on her widdle corner, mostly when you open the door to go see her. Had her out to check how wet she was, mostly was her front half that was damp with it, my bathrobe had to go in wash tho lol. Is there anything could do to help stop her doing this, dont have a small enough litter tray for her to fit in the cage or would put that in, there all to high for the side of the cage, its only temp till shes ready to go outside, then I might put her in the hutch till shes wee bit bigger to go in with charlie, thats once I chase the other 2 out the hutch and clean their scent off it. They have a house but seem to like the hutch.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

sleeping on her pee corner Empty Re: sleeping on her pee corner

Post by dizzylynn Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:09 pm

change of plans, going to clean out the house, the other 2 dont seem interested in it so much now, take all there stuff out put it in the other hutch and transfer her out there on her own. Let her get used to being outside before she gets to used to being indoors, plus gives her the space she needs. Be much easier to go see her, just sit beside her till she is ready to come to us.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:19 pm

I think what you need is something really good in there to soak the wee up quickly to save her getting covered in it.

What do you put in their litter trays?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:40 pm

Thats her out in the house, cleaned it all, gave it a rub down with a damp cloth aftercleaning, dried quick must be the weird weather, she has 3 litter trays now, just took the cage out but took the lid off leaving the base with her smell on it, she is already looking more happier, nosing about not hiding from me, replaced the other pairs stuff with new stuff from shed, wee beggers have been using the bed in there as a litter tray even tho they had 4 litter trays in there and 2 in the hutch, only going in for pees then going out to the hutch for rest of time, so they wont be happy took there bathroom away lol. They have 3 trays in the hutch now, took the dirty ones away to use as spares, just layed them all along the bottom of the hutch, they have the entire run to themselfs anyway, just removed the small door on the bottom so they can jump in and out as they please.
Sat with her for few mins, and shes already less scared of me so thats a good sign, must have been the cage made her feel unsafe dont know really. Less space to get away from me lol. Now she has tones space for a little thing, will go out later and top up her straw so she can burry herself in it.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Sorry, I don't have any advice...but I'm sending you Hugs and some 'go potty in the potty' vibes for bella Bella!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down