Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Davie and Skye left for the bridge. UD 6th July + picture

+13
jolovesbunnies
Jodie
KatieB
Velvet.Tears
fall3n-ang3l
icedancer
gentl
Tuckerbunnies
JoeyBunsMum
Big Ears
Dotdot
Thumper2001
marleyNfriends
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Davie and Skye left for the bridge. UD 6th July + picture Empty Davie and Skye left for the bridge. UD 6th July + picture

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:59 pm

Can i have lots of vibes for him please, it could be a liver contusion. Im waiting for the vet to call me back with the results, but i just feel numb. If its his liver hes got little chance Crying or Very sad Its surgery or supportive treatment at home. I cant loose him now, hes only just started his life with Skye. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

What do i do?? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by marleyNfriends on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:18 am; edited 4 times in total
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Davie and Skye left for the bridge. UD 6th July + picture Empty Re: Davie and Skye left for the bridge. UD 6th July + picture

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:41 pm

Oh Sophia!! I'm so sorry to hear this! It's such a shock, I can only imagine how much of a shock it has been for you.

I have everything crossed for him, I really really hope that it's not his liver, and that it's something that can be easily fixed.

Please do keep us posted hun. Sending you massive Hugs x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Davie and Skye left for the bridge. UD 6th July + picture Empty Re: Davie and Skye left for the bridge. UD 6th July + picture

Post by Dotdot Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:52 pm

Oh no Davie!!!

I guess he went downhill since you last posted about his poos being an odd shape?

Tons and tons of vibes for him and hugs for you Hugs, I know you must be going spare right now.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:56 pm

Really sorry, sending loads of vibes.

At least if it his his liver it's been spotted quickly and there's at least some chance of helping him. (Speaking as someone who has lost a bunny to liver torsion but it wasn't picked up in time by my non-rabbit vets Crying or Very sad ) I was told by my rabbit vet that sometimes they see rabbits that have had liver torsions that have corrected themselves spontaneously, but I don't know if these rabbits ever showed outward signs there was anything wrong. If it is that, don't give up, there is a glimmer of hope left.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:40 am

Hes gone Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ...It burst, and he collapsed. Skye knew it was coming, as she started to attack him, she damaged her back in doing so, and she may have to be pts too Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Its the worst night of my life, nothing could have prepared me for this, and theres nothing i can do. The pair of them had just moved into their new house and were so happy and now this happens. Its just not fair. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Skye has had a steroid injection, if there are no improvements by tomorrow, she will be having X Rays, if she cant recover, she will go and be with Davie at the bridge. The thought is absoloutley killing me.
Please, please, please let her be ok. Crying or Very sad
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:56 am

Oh good god! I am so, so sorry to hear this Sad Poor Davie and Skye. I'm praying she will be ok.

You must be wrecked. Sending lots of Hugs and vibes for Skye.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:42 am

Mike and I have just seen this as I haven't been on as much and we are both so very sad and upset for you Sophia in fact we can't believe it as it all seems to have happened so quick.

We are so sorry and sad about Davie and hope and pray that Skye will be ok,

Sending Vibes for Skye xxxxxxxx

And big hugs for you Hugs Hugs Hugs

We are just so shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Binky free at the Bridge Davie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:08 am

Oh, Sophia...I'm stunned. Bless your heart. Poor little Davie. That must
have been so hard to watch. I am praying and sending vibes for you and
Skye Love . I hope she isn't too lonely. She's such a beautiful bunch of
white fluff.

Binky free at the bridge Binky Bunny!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:36 am

Thanks for the support Guys, i just cant believe whats happening, i keep waking up hoping its not real. Dot, the liver torsion had nothing to do with the hairy poos, but this was my first thought when he was ill.

My eyes are throbbing, my head is splitting and my heart is in bits. I can come to terms with loosing Davie, knowing that his last few weeks were the happiest he will have ever been, and that when he was ill, i acted quickly and i know i did everything i could. Skye though - She was perfectly fine Crying or Very sad I dont want to accept that theres nothing we can do, surely there must be some options available. I have trauled the internet, and it seems the only thing that can be done is X-Rays to confirm the extent of the damage, and corticosteroids, which she had last night. Im going to have her X-Rayed today, call the RWAF health leason team and Frances Harcourt Brown, just to see if theres anything else. Then at least i know i did everything i could. Crying or Very sad

Someone suggested letting her adjust. I know shes not in pain, but she doesnt like too much human contact, so the extra care she needs isnt going to be particularly nice for her, especially keeping her back end clean. Shes also the most active little rabbit ive ever known, she does everything on fast forward, and gets so much joy from just running riot and exploring. She wouldnt have that quality of life anymore, just because there is something, doesnt always mean its the right thing. If thats the sort of life she will have, i dont think its fair. No
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:15 am

Oh Sophia Hugs life is so unfair. Just as he'd found happiness with Skye.

Please be ok Skye, you are the most beautiful little girl. Please get better

Hugs Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:35 am

iam so sorry to ready this

binky free little one

Hugs
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:37 am

I'm so sorry Sophia, for Davie and for Skye. You must be in absolute pieces Crying or Very sad

Is there any news on Skye this morning? Have you seen her since it happened?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:46 am

Oh god, I'm so, so sorry. I'd only had Izzy a short time before losing her to liver torsion too, she was just settling into her better life Crying or Very sad

Re contacting experts for advice - FHB doesn't usually work Mondays so you're unlikely to get an answer today. Having said that, her husband is the orthopaedics expert so he might be casting his eye over the information if he's around.
Edit to add: For whoever speaks to/faxes information to Harcourt-Brown's, it may be worth highlighting that it's an orthopaedic referral as I think Nigel is highly likely to have input, so it might get seen faster if it's flagged up as 'orthopaedic' as well as 'rabbit' referral.

I really hope you can help Skye, to lose both is unthinkable Sad

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:54 am

Our fingers are crossed and our hearts full of Hope for Skye xxxxxxx

Thinking of you xxxxx Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:19 am

Is there any news on Skye? I can't stop thinking about her Crying or Very sad

Hugs to you too
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:30 am

icedancer wrote:Is there any news on Skye? I can't stop thinking about her Crying or Very sad
Same here Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:16 am

I can't believe this, I am so so shocked. I'm heartbroken for you Crying or Very sad

It really shows how much Skye took to him if she was that upset.

I hope there is something that can be done for Skye, Tigger is the same as her and is not one for human contact no matter how hard I try so I know what you mean when you say that the extra care may not do her any favours- it could make things worse.
All I can say is see how bad the damage is and see how she goes. She may adjust she may not only time will tell.

Please let us know more when you can. Hugs
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:07 pm

Come on Skye you can pull through
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:26 pm

I am so sorry to hear this Sophia.

Poor Davie after finding the good like to have it robbed from him.

How exactly has Skye hurt herself? As others have said there are lots of rabbits that cope with disability. 'When your rabbit needs special care' has lots of information on how to look after disabled buns. People make some really good carts from plastic piping that can keep buns mobile. The other thought I had was as to whether the damage is permanent. One of my pigs, clarabel, jumped out of the sink on to the floor a couple of years ago now. I thought she would need to be PTS but the vet I saw said to hang on and give her a chance. She spent 6 months indoors. For the first month or so she just sat. Then she started pulling herself around but her front legs. At about 4 months she was beginning to get her back legs under her. At 6 months she was well enough to go back out with the others. For a further 6 months she needed lots of extra care because she wasn't supporting herself all the time and so she was getting urine scald and other skin problems. But now she is almost 100%. When she panics or unwell she still has the tendency to go off her back legs but otherwise she is completely fine. I also have a friend who had a bun who went of his back legs with e.c. and managed to become mobile again.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:14 pm

Any news on Skye?

Hugs

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Oh my goodness, Im so very sorry Sophia - I have only just seen this. Im so very sad for you. This is just so devasting.

I am hoping and praying that Skye can come through this.

Is there any news at all?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodie Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Oh my god.. I was just on last night reading about their amazing new home. I am so, so sorry.

You must be so heartbroken. I hope little Skye can heal and be ok. xx
Jodie
Jodie
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2011-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:25 pm

We all know what you are going through love and empathise. I am so very sorry that these lovely buns have gone.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:27 pm

I am so so sorry to hear about this. How absolutely dreadful for you. Hugs Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:39 pm

My darling I am so so sorry. I just cannot believe this. My heart is going out for you. X
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next