Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Term E.C Bun Care

2 posters

Go down

Long Term E.C Bun Care Empty Long Term E.C Bun Care

Post by SarahJane Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:31 am

How many of you have E.C bunnies and what is their long term care like? I am getting quite scared about the long term care for Domino. I understand he could recover completely but I also understand that in reality it is quite unlikely , and the idea of that scares me to death.

It's so hard to watch him, and many people seem to have their E.C bunnies indoors. Im afraid he won't rebond with the girls when the time comes, and then I am worried about if he can't live outside theres no way I can have three house bunnies, so he would be alone.

Our house is on the market and we have no idea where we are going to be and both me and mum are worried about what this means for Domino.

I dont want to plan for it when he could recover fully but, if anyone has a bun like this i really would like to be prepared and know what changed, etc.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Long Term E.C Bun Care Empty Re: Long Term E.C Bun Care

Post by Sparky Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:26 pm

I can't really offer any helpful advice, having not been in that situation - I hope someone can help.

But I did want to say please don't add too much to the stress you are currently under by worrying about the long-term future. I understand that you want to plan for possibilities and be prepared, and that's good, but try not to worry too much. Life has a way of changing and disrupting our best-laid plans.

If he recovers enough to go back outside I'm sure he would re-bond with the girls, and that you would be able to go about it in a way that gives them the best possible chance of reforming a strong bond.

If you did decide he needed to be a long-term indoor bun, perhaps it would be a case of watching the girls for a while. Are they tightly bonded or just tolerant of each other? Might it be kinder to put Jelly with Domino and find another outdoor boy for Pebbles? (All in theory, obviously.)

When the house sells, are you likely to end up buying another house or renting?

And I hope you know that if things moved very suddenly and you were in a position where Domino needed to be looked after for a while and you were not in a position to do it, there are at least two sets of people on this forum who would be very willing to help.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:30 pm

My biggest worry is that we could end up in a 6 month let while Mum works out what she wants to do, and if Domino couldnt be inside I would be stuck!

Actually i am shocked - they are like two peas in a pod. Always next to each other, always grooming each other. Really is a case of twos company threes a crowd with this trio! But they dont care which two!

He snapped at Jelly and then crept over to me and started grooming me and then he lay down beside me, he has got so clingy.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down