Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The rabbit fosterer I was helping....

+3
fiver
KatieB
Vince the bunny
7 posters

Go down

The rabbit fosterer I was helping.... Empty The rabbit fosterer I was helping....

Post by Vince the bunny Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:22 pm

has decided to take a break from fostering as half of her rabbits have died Crying or Very sad We do not know why, the first one went a couple of months ago, then she lost a young rabbit, but the other 3 siblings were fine (went back to the main rescue centre), then 2 weeks after 2 more died. One went to the vets and was given the all clear but died 2 weeks later. She is scared for the other remaining 3 so they returned to the main rescue centre where the 3 siblings went and are now thriving. It's really strange. No one can figure out what is happening, but she is very upset about it. The runs that I made and the one that was bought for her have been allocated to other fosterers for the rescue so they haven't gone to waste and are still being used by other buns in need.
I stopped going over in the end for fear of bringing anything back with me that may harm my buns, but we have been keeping in contact on FB. I did suggest PM's on the bodies but she can't afford to do that so the deaths will probably remain a mystery. She only has her own bunny now, who's daughter was one of the first to suddenly die. It's such a shame, it really is Sad
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

The rabbit fosterer I was helping.... Empty Re: The rabbit fosterer I was helping....

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:34 pm

I can't help but wonder if there is something new out there. A friend of mine has recently suddenly lost 3 rabbits.

Back to top Go down

The rabbit fosterer I was helping.... Empty Re: The rabbit fosterer I was helping....

Post by KatieB Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:36 pm

Oh what a shame this is awful. I was wondering the same thing as Cheryl. God I hope not.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:59 pm

how terrible Sad
i wonder if the new vaccines are not working as well as they should Suspect

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:26 pm

With this and the number of buns who seem to be coming down with myxi, it's a quite frightening time at the moment Sad

All the best to your friend, VtB, and I hope her remaining rabbit stays well Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:16 pm

I agree with everyone else, all I hear at the moment is about sudden groups of buns being lost one after the other. I really hope it's neither nothing new or a fault in the new vaccine. A very worrying time Sad

She is in my thoughts at the moment. It must be so difficult Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:23 pm

It must be really hard having gone through that. I have lost a lot of young-ish rabbits over the last few years but more spaced out and at least I know why with the last 3, to not know and to not know when/if it will happen again must be awful. I'm not surprised she's taking a break.

It is a very scary time at the moment there just seems to be so many sudden deaths and such a lot of myxi about. Sad

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:23 pm

There are a lot of fatalities at the moment, I so hope it isn;t a new strain of something horrid.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down