Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Been to the vets with Bella tonight

+7
Rachel&Nibbler
Tuckerbunnies
gentl
Sparky
KatieB
fiver
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
11 posters

Go down

Been to the vets with Bella tonight Empty Been to the vets with Bella tonight

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi Everyone Been to the vets with Bella tonight as she had to be weighed and tablets sorted she's got Fortekor 2.5mg and she's got to have half a day, we've got to go back next Saturday and hopefully she will be getting on okay with the tablets, We also asked to see the x-ray, it was very interesting but was very sad seeing her 'old' spinal injuries and arthritis , her heart is enlarged too and something to do with the artery's not pumping enough blood round or something, (sorry please excuse how bad i must sound, I don't have any experience with rabbits with heart problems until now Crying or Very sad ) Bless her she's such a strong girl, shes doing well considering eating,weeing and pooing. hoping the fortekor will help and do what its suppose to do. She really does not like travelling , she shakes and has dribbles, she has Pickle to cuddle up next too, and i give her treats but she gets in such a state Sad any idea's on how to make travelling easier for her?

for those who don't know Bella is my dental bunny, has arthritis , old spinal injuries and now has heart problems, heart disease Crying or Very sad
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 686
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Been to the vets with Bella tonight Empty Re: Been to the vets with Bella tonight

Post by fiver Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:26 pm

awww poor bella many vibes for her Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
she certainly goes through the mill but she seems very happy,
it must be very worrying for you i don't know much about buns with heart probs but tuckerbunnies do i hope the meds help her,
maybe like us humans the arteries can get clogged or thin and can not deliver the full amount of blood thus making the heart work harder and under strain.
she's a beutiful girl looks like a rex

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Been to the vets with Bella tonight Empty Re: Been to the vets with Bella tonight

Post by KatieB Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:47 pm

This sounds similar to my Annabelle :-)

I hope that the meds work for her xxxxxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:51 pm

fiver wrote:awww poor bella many vibes for her Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
she certainly goes through the mill but she seems very happy,
it must be very worrying for you i don't know much about buns with heart probs but tuckerbunnies do i hope the meds help her,
maybe like us humans the arteries can get clogged or thin and can not deliver the full amount of blood thus making the heart work harder and under strain.
she's a beutiful girl looks like a rex

Thank you Smile Yep she is a rex, rexes are prone to Heart disease sadly, which i only found out this week Sad

Katieb wrote:This sounds similar to my Annabelle :-)

I hope that the meds work for her xxxxxxx

Ah how is Annabelle? thank you, hope the meds work for Annabelle too, is she on the same tablets? how do you give them to her? x
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:28 pm

Lots of vibes for Bella, I hope the meds work wonders Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:58 pm

We have adapted a syringe. We first cut the end off so it is wide enough to put pieces of tablet in the end. We don't crush the tablet - only cut it into smaller bits and put the bits in the end of the syringe together. We then suck up a little organic apple baby food. She loves the taste so is happy to take it. Leaving the tablets I crushed means I can hear her crunch them so I know the bits are eaten. The end of the syringe was filed a little so it's not sharp.

Been to the vets with Bella tonight 03072e17ce4cf03d0190d21d5aa9b06c

You will see that the pushy end of the syringe has wrappings round it. This is to stop the inner stick of the syringe pushing out the other end and choking her.

Been to the vets with Bella tonight Fe93dd1bce5ee6e9fdf929ba81f7afed

This does work really well - we tried loads of things before coming up with this :-)
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:03 pm

Katieb wrote:

We have adapted a syringe. We first cut the end off so it is wide enough to put pieces of tablet in the end. We don't crush the tablet - only cut it into smaller bits and put the bits in the end of the syringe together. We then suck up a little organic apple baby food. She loves the taste so is happy to take it. Leaving the tablets I crushed means I can hear her crunch them so I know the bits are eaten. The end of the syringe was filed a little so it's not sharp.

Been to the vets with Bella tonight 03072e17ce4cf03d0190d21d5aa9b06c

You will see that the pushy end of the syringe has wrappings round it. This is to stop the inner stick of the syringe pushing out the other end and choking her.

Been to the vets with Bella tonight Fe93dd1bce5ee6e9fdf929ba81f7afed

This does work really well - we tried loads of things before coming up with this :-)

Oh great thanks for the help there Smile

Somebody on another forum has come up with another suggestion which i think i will try tonight, this is what they did when giving fortekor,
crush the Fortekor to make a sort of powder, then draw up about 0.5ml of the Volvic Water into a 1ml syringe. Squirt the water onto the crushed Fortekor mix it up then draw it back up into the syringe
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:49 pm

That adapted syringe is genius! You should patent that design and get the dollars for the design!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:53 pm

that's a clever design i will bare that in mind if i need to give them any katie Thumbs Up
my dog was a total pain and whimp when i had to give him anti bs when he ripped a claw Rolling Eyes i thought of using a tube on him like a blow gun Laughing Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:01 am

Sending lots of Vibes for the beautiful Bella xxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:48 am

Sending lots of vibes for the gorgeous girl, I hope she's ok
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:30 pm

how did you get on with bella's meds?
hope all went well Thumbs Up

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Lots of vibes and hugs on their way love, please keep us informed.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Sending lots and lots of vibes to the beautiful Bella Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:33 pm

fiver wrote:how did you get on with bella's meds?
hope all went well Thumbs Up

Hi guys sorry did not get a notification email sorry Embarassed

All went well I crushed up the tablet and mixed it in with a small slice of crushed banana ( I know banana is a fruit you should try not to give often) but this was the only way i could disguise it and she absolutely loved it Love
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:24 pm

i think it's ok now and then and if it helps her take her meds then all the better Thumbs Up
well done bella Happy Dance

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:52 pm

fiver wrote:i think it's ok now and then and if it helps her take her meds then all the better Thumbs Up
well done bella Happy Dance

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:08 pm

I'm glad she took her meds well in the banana. I think my buns must be the only two rabbits who don't like the stuff Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:13 pm

FluffSlave wrote:I'm glad she took her meds well in the banana. I think my buns must be the only two rabbits who don't like the stuff Laughing

don't they like banana? Shocked
Bella does not like these heart meds but the banana disguised it very well Very Happy Happy Dance
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:14 pm

FluffSlave wrote:I'm glad she took her meds well in the banana. I think my buns must be the only two rabbits who don't like the stuff Laughing
try a bit crushed on a treat then once they taste it you wil be harrassed for it Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:50 pm

Thumper didn't like it either.

Then again, she didn't really like much Laughing

Molly and Junior go crazy for it Shocked
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:04 pm

My Binky Bo loves banana, as do the piggies.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:29 pm

Bella is such a strong girl! Love

Mine don't like it either!! They thought I was poisoning them when I gave it to them several months ago. I may try again.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down