Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking opinions on hutch covers and materials!

5 posters

Go down

Seeking opinions on hutch covers and materials! Empty Seeking opinions on hutch covers and materials!

Post by sbhnshsmth Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Hello! I am a 2nd year apprentice with Ford Motor Company and 'mum' to two buns, Mumbles and Moby. albino albino

As part of our college work, we have to develop a solution to a problem or enhance one that already exists. My problem is keeping the rabbits run watertight and windproof in the winter months. In the past I have managed with various plastic sheets weighed down with stones, but I want to try make something better.

For now though, I would love if you could post how you keep your runs warm and dry in the winter time. These answers will be included in my project as research material.

Many thanks
Siobhan
sbhnshsmth
sbhnshsmth
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Seeking opinions on hutch covers and materials! Empty Re: Seeking opinions on hutch covers and materials!

Post by Father Jack Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Take a look in the "Property Ladder" section for some great ideas Thumbs Up
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Seeking opinions on hutch covers and materials! Empty Re: Seeking opinions on hutch covers and materials!

Post by FluffSlave Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:13 pm

I agree with Father Jack. Have a look around in here and you should find some threads. There was one posted very recently about run covers so that may be a good place to start Thumbs Up
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jag Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:56 pm

in the past i have used the clear PVC curtains that are used on market stalls fronts when it is raining Very Happy

kind regards

jag
Banned

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:20 pm

hi there,

welcome to HH!

I asked the very same question myself the other day as I was looking for some way of keeping my little chaps run dry.

https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t19392-what-to-use-how-to-make-a-run-cover
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by sbhnshsmth Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:36 am

hi guys and girls, thank you for the replies. I have had a good look around other peoples threads and there are some amazing bunhuts! the only thing is, for our project, we have to get replies from people. So it's not enough for me to look around and find ideas. I have to ask and get a response. It's part of the marking scheme unfortunately!

I will keep a note of the replies so far but if anyone else is reading this, please feel free to add! Sorry if you have to repeat yourselves from other threads!

Siobhan xx
sbhnshsmth
sbhnshsmth
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down