Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying another new bed for Ted and Toffee!

+5
Sparky
gentl
fiver
FluffSlave
Sue_pawz
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trying another new bed for Ted and Toffee! - Page 2 Empty Re: Trying another new bed for Ted and Toffee!

Post by Sue_pawz Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Yes! I'm not always a fan of internet shopping. If I go into a shop I can see what I'm getting.

And sometimes I don't plan well and run out of stuff Embarassed

Better get hay shopping... need to find something they'll eat and that I can afford.
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Trying another new bed for Ted and Toffee! - Page 2 Empty Re: Trying another new bed for Ted and Toffee!

Post by Sparky Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:12 pm

The bottom of the store locator bit shows which animals they sell in which stores, they don't sell animals in all of them.

This is the one for Bolton: http://www.jollyes.co.uk/store/jollyes-bolton

We were so lucky with our pet-shop, it's quite well hidden away and we just stumbled across it one day. It might be worth looking in your local Yellow Pages or Thomson Directory for a small independent shop which might not advertise widely or have a presence on the internet....
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:16 pm

Sad I've seen some decent looking hay on zooplus, might order some.

I can't afford the posh stuff everyone on here gets Embarassed
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:19 pm

My Humum was quite shocked one time that they picked up a cheap bag of 'value' hay from Tesco, simply because it looked quite nice - we loved it Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:23 pm

Mine were always picky about hay, and would only eat cheap stuff. I am worried that now they've stayed at Tuckerbunnies they are getting expensive tastes!

The one I've found is £14.99 for a 14kg bale. I wonder what OH will think if/when one turns up Laughing Trying to figure out where I'd keep it though.
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:25 pm

I always run out of stuff Laughing Then it's a case of 'oh sugar where do I rush to' Rolling Eyes

I can't remember who it was but someone found a company online who deliver actual farm bales for about £7.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:28 pm

It's just a question of storage. A 5kg bag is just a nice size to buy. It'll last a couple of weeks, and is a good size for storage.
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:31 pm

Very true. My two seem to wet the bed so I need a bale now more than ever!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Have to say I feel a bit of a twit now, saying repeatedly that jollyes don't sell animals.

I guess in my defence my local one don't, they call themselves a pet food superstore, and keep it sort of quiet on their website too.

grr.
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Sue_pawz wrote:The one I've found is £14.99 for a 14kg bale. I wonder what OH will think if/when one turns up Laughing Trying to figure out where I'd keep it though.
Do you have space outside for a wheelie bin or a normal plastic dustbin with a tight fitting lid?

Sue_pawz wrote:Have to say I feel a bit of a twit now, saying repeatedly that jollyes don't sell animals.

I guess in my defence my local one don't, they call themselves a pet food superstore, and keep it sort of quiet on their website too.

grr.
There's no need to feel a twit, Humum was quite surprised when she saw animals in the Bolton store as she had never seen them in a Jollyes before.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Absolutely no need to feel like a twit! All of ours still class themselves at a pet food superstores even with animals.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:08 pm

love the pics Love

i think jollyes have only started to sell animals,the one that is in sheffield has only started to sell them about 2 months now,i think they want to compete with other pet shops
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:29 pm

Jolleys in Plymouth have always sold animals, in small indoor cages. They have been there a good few years now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2