Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The bonding saga continues...

+3
jolovesbunnies
Thumper2001
paullp
7 posters

Go down

The bonding saga continues... Empty The bonding saga continues...

Post by paullp Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:45 pm

We have persevered with bonding Myrtle and Patch, but have conceded that our beloved Myrtle is unbondable - or at least won't bond with Patch. Myrtle had become increasingly withdrawn and unhappy, not moving during the day, (very unlike her) which broke our hearts, as she'd come such a long way since we adopted her. Patch is the liveliest, friendliest little chap who, as well as stealing our hearts, just desperately wanted to be snuggled up with Myrtle. Where as Myrtle is destined to be a lone house rabbit (and is happy with that), Patch needed to be with a rabbit-friend outside. Until now, Myrtle and Patch have been in fenced-off areas of the living room, though Patch soon learnt he could leap over this while the 'lid' was off! Cue one more almighty fur-flying bust-up yesterday Sad
We'd already arranged for Patch to go on some dates this morning, as his hutch and run (neutral space) are now ready for him to move into. So, out on trial, we have an absolutely gorgeous agouti (tentatively named Daisy - we will try and get some pics of her before it gets dark) whom Patch is totally smitten with already - and who tolerates him and his madness in return. We have our house back, and Myrtle is back to joyfully free-ranging around the house again, with her tunnel-system back to exactly how she likes it - and we have realised how good it is to have her back to her old self Love It's the best feeling in the world!
In the meantime, we have a query about rabbit humping! Patch was neutured at the start of September, Daisy was spayed last Wednesday - he has of course started to have his way with her...is it too soon for them to be doing this? We are keeping an eye on Daisy's stitches. We just want to make extra sure there are no rabbit babies Hmmm
Many thanks!!
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

The bonding saga continues... Empty Re: The bonding saga continues...

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:07 pm

Sorry to hear things didn't work out with Myrtle and Patch Sad

I must admit, as I was reading your post, I thought it was going to say that Patch had gone back to rescue. I'm so glad that isn't the case cheers And that you've found him another friend Happy Dance

As daisy has been spayed, there's absolutely no chance of rabbit babies Smile

I'm not sure I would be letting patch hump her just yet though, she will still be pretty tender if she was only done on Wednesday. Our vet told us to keep Molly and Junior separate for 7 days after she was done.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:17 pm

I would think that Daisy would tell patch fairly quickly if he was hurting. He is probably just asserting his authority at this point. I would be more worried if he was putting his head under her belly.

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Oh bless, I am so sorry they haven't bonded love.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:17 pm

awww i'm sad for myrtle but also happy that she is back to herself, Love Love Love Love
and patch and daisy are already sounding good together Love Love Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:40 pm

It's a really tough decision to take to 'split' bunnies up, even when they have never really bonded.

Humum went through the same thing with Gizmo and I - we were together for six months and could be all lovey and snuggly one minute then something would set us off into an almighty fight the next minute. The Hu-parents had a good long think about each of our personalities and decided we were basically incompatible. Gizmo now lives outside with Cindy and is an extremely happy guy with permanent run access and a wifebun who is just as bouncy as he is. I'm down in the living room, technically on my own for the moment although I share the room with Jack and Layla. When they were shut in and I was let out earlier, I was binkying all over the lounge. Splitting me and Gizmo up was definitely the right thing to do for us and it sounds like it is the same for Patch and Myrtle Thumbs Up

Lots of good-bonding vibes for Patch and Daisy and lots of enjoy-having-your-huparents-to-yourself noserubs for Myrtle Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:34 pm

I am sorry to hear it didn't work out with Patch and Myrtle - I guess she is just happier with all the attention to herself like Sparky said. Glad she is back to normal Love

Sending lots of bonding vibes for Daisy and Patch - hope they are a better match this time! Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:03 pm

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out, but its wonderful that Patch has a prospective ladybun and Myrtle is happy free ranging on her own again!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down