Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing with indoor bunny.

+3
NickieM
Tuckerbunnies
dizzylynn
7 posters

Go down

Playing with indoor bunny.  Empty Playing with indoor bunny.

Post by dizzylynn Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:02 am

With floppy being an indoor bun we are trying to give him toys & play games with him when he's out his cage to keep him from going for the tree or stuff under it, I have boxes lay on there side at the end of the fabric tunnel T shape, wrapping paper tubes other ends, scattered hay in the tunnels & tubes he has to search for, a cat fleece hooped tunnel bed thing, took wire ring out 1 end he loves it when I play hide & seek with it, put the ring end over him so he as to find the other end, he finds me and gives me kisses when he finds me so I take it that means he likes the game. Trying to find other games to keep him happy, was going to make some chew toys with willow sticks & twine (to keep him away from stuff he's not allowed to chew) or get cheap cat scratch posts, thing with them is they are meant to contain catnip so are they safe. I would like to make him an indoor hutch to fit where the cage is offering more room to stretch his back for when we cant take him out as often as he needs. I was thinking about giving him the entire kitchen but worry he chews the base units (paragon housing wouldnt be very pleased with damage) also the skirting is glossed I really dont want him being poisoned on that. I would need to give it a good tidy, make sure nothing can hurt him & stress this to kids to make sure everything goes in the bin not miss it & leave it at their backsides. Would need to find a safety gate with bars he cant it through so door can be left open. Really not sure what best to do. Kitchen free rome or make safe house.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Playing with indoor bunny.  Empty Re: Playing with indoor bunny.

Post by dizzylynn Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:04 am

If didnt have a raidiator on the wall he uses & had a plug there would move the 3 vivs into the kitchen and put him in dining room with a playpen type system.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:35 am

We use to put one of our spare pens round the big Christmas tree in the front room when we had Pud but we don't bother with it now as Lucy Rose doesn't seem to bother with the tree.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:04 pm

Floppy is to nosey, he misses nothing, we have to follow him everywhere he goes.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:27 pm

I've got a single line of grid panels around the tree. They were really interested in the beginning and now will go over every now and then, but other than that, ignore it. Just make sure that you have your wires out of the way.

I bought plastic trunking and have hidden the extension lead wire behind that and have the part where the plugs go up on the window sill so the wires are about the buns.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:35 pm

I'm not ready to talk about the Christmas tree fiasco yet.... Hmmm Wink Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:I'm not ready to talk about the Christmas tree fiasco yet.... Hmmm Wink Laughing
Piccies! Very Happy Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:33 pm

When my son was little we put the Christmas tree inside the play pen. Then with Lady we just built a wall or prezzies around the tree. She wasn't quite as inquisitive as our boy buns.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:39 pm

I've had to evict the hamsters from their table to put my tree on that. There was no way I could have a tree and Florence on the floor together in harmony Laughing

Leah and Cherry are now on the sofa bed in the living room, but that will have to be moved back in the spare room for Christmas. I haven't yet worked out where they will be moved to!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:43 pm

The pressies are under the tree, he opened 2 lol lucky no damage to books inside they were wrapped in bubble wrap to protect them, he is determined to get into a corner thats out of bounds, cheeky boy.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:13 am

Floppy is on the naughty step already, another pressie nearly opened, he's determined to get past in the corner past the barrier.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:28 am

Going to get him this today make my living room into a play ground http://www.petsathome.com/shop/pop-up-rabbit-tent-by-pets-at-home-31835 to attatch to the 2 tunnels I have plus another tunnel, at mo its a T shape will maybe get 2 tents to attatch at either end of top section and extra tunnel to form an H.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down