Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best size run for 5 rabbits

2 posters

Go down

Best size run for 5 rabbits Empty Best size run for 5 rabbits

Post by Kate7590 Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:49 pm

Im thinking of when we move if we're unable to give them free access to the garden as we do now we will need to get them set up in a shed/ run type of thing.

Id like something that I can walk into, like an aviary but dont know if normal aviary panels are strong enough for the rabbits? (Especially Benji the conti)

I know some bunnies have 24/7 access to their runs and if I was confident that nothing could get into them (foxes/badgers) I would love to leave them out all the time.

I thought maybe metal/mesh dog run panels would be a safer option, but I bet that would work out very expensive??

Sorry, going off subject there!
What size of run would be good for my 5 buns?
Iv never kept them in a cage/ run before so I have no idea lol

Also any advice about my previous ramblings would be very much appriciated Very Happy
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Best size run for 5 rabbits Empty Re: Best size run for 5 rabbits

Post by Sparky Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:39 pm

As big as possible, I would say. Our quad have a 6' x 12' run and could do with more room really, especially for fitting toys and things in but still leaving room to binky.

Do you know where you are moving to and what space is available? It might be a case of fitting the aviary to the space, or even having more than one run connected by tunnels (although you do still want at least one fairly big one).

Aviaries can be made fox-proof, so they should be Benji-proof Wink

The best and cheapest way to do it is to build it yourself - then you can choose the timber and weld mesh you want to use.

And isn't it about time we had piccies of your lot? Suspect
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum