Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dougal now loves his carrier- Vets trip update

+3
Amelia66
Sparky
BugsBunny
7 posters

Go down

Dougal now loves his carrier- Vets trip update Empty Dougal now loves his carrier- Vets trip update

Post by BugsBunny Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:05 pm

After leaving the carrier in his cage for a week , Dougal finally loves his pet carrier, we put it in there for him to get used to for the vet trips. Poor fella has been so settled in it all day , sleeping on his side etc, then tomorrow will be back to square 1 when I take to the vets for vaccinations, something tells me he will not be going back into it for neutering in a few weeks once I arrange that with the vet. Poor baby. He is going to hate me, but it is all for his own good.

Last edited by BugsBunny on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Dougal now loves his carrier- Vets trip update Empty Re: Dougal now loves his carrier- Vets trip update

Post by Sparky Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:05 pm

Actually, rabbits can be quite forgiving and will do pretty much anything for food Embarassed

I think once you get him home and leave his carrier in his room again, he'll soon forgive it for conspiring with you to take him to the vets. Especially if you leave a Fenugreek Crunchie in it Wink

Good luck with his vaccination. Don't be too surprised if he seems a little quiet or off-colour for a day or two after it. As long as he is eating and pooping ok, he should be fine Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Dougal now loves his carrier- Vets trip update Empty Re: Dougal now loves his carrier- Vets trip update

Post by Amelia66 Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:48 pm

Im sure if there are a few treats in it he will forget all about the vets trip, mine fall for it every time Thumbs Up
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments, true, like most animals the way to their hearts is food Laughing or fenugreek for the rabbits mainly. Very Happy

I will keep an eye on his poops, thanks for the heads up, he was in it all day yesterday almost relaxing, today he is not and about to go in , in about 10 mins or so to get him in it, if the vets trip was yesterday that would have been ideal (typical) animal again, they are always awkward with their timing but ya gotta love them. Our baby.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:33 pm

We are always forgiven quite quickly here love so I am sure that once it is all over, he will be fine again. I too wish there was someway they could understand that we are doing it for their own good. Please keep us updated.

ugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:51 pm

I know, he is making me feel so guilt now, he looks sad and he keeps staring at me, we had his jab at about 4pm and got in abput 4:30ish maybe just after. He has just started eating some hay now and he is now under his half tower ( it is a tower me and my husband made , more like a little fort) I call it half tower as big tower died, he loved the big tower too. He is under there eating some hay and resting. He did make me feel awful as he was shaking a bit in the car on the way as he not used to the car or being out of his room, when he is out of his room he just goes in his big run in the yard so he did now know what was going on. Bless him. He also peed and got it all on his hind legs which he seemed annoyed at more than anything, felt really bad for him. Although on a good note, the jab itself did not seem to phase him going in, I held him gently on the table whilst the vet did it and he seemed okay with it, she said he is a very good neutered and beautiful rabbit and his weight is perfect, his fur is in very good condition and his skin, she checked his ears which are fine and his teeth are great she said. He is the perfect weight she said too, 1.7kg and she said that you do not want him going over that ideally.

I asked her about pellets too as I am starting to limit them slowly and not just at once and is this a good idea and she said yes, we recommend an egg cup full and I told her you lot advised me that too but doing it gradually over the next 4 weeks it best to he suddenly does not have any all of a sudden and she recommended neutering at 6 months. So in a month. She was really good, very clean vets too and nice, I know most vets are clean and that anyways as I would be worried if not but it is super clean lol. Thanks to Sparky for the recommendation and help, you are a superstar hun. So all good, just hope he poops okay and stuff now, left him to rest and relax from eh stress then gonna go back in soon and check again. Thumbs Up Very Happy

Also whilst I was there as I am a sucker and spoil Dougal I got him a small bag of excel birch bark hay and the camomile 1 too, is the birch bark good for them and okay? just put a small handful of each on 1 of his hay piles. Hope he likes them too.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:40 pm

The birch bark hay is fine Thumbs Up

When my parents had the run of the garden, they helped themselves to our silver birch tree No Laughing

Dougal will be fine, we're very good at guilt-tripping humans Twisted Evil

I'm glad you liked the vets - we think they are wonderful, even the receptionists are lovely and really care Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Are there pics of Dougal anywhere on here? Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:23 pm

No but I will be doing tomorrow, will be in the eveing or late afternoon as I am out with my mum then will need to make it up to Dougal when I get in for not playing in the morning Laughing . I have photos to put to the pc yet to chose the ones am posting here, I will post plenty too. Please remind me to post some then I do not forget.

Ye Sparky thanks, they are great, very happy we have a vets that know what they are talking about unlike the idiots I phoned locally who more or less said the vaccinations where not really that important, well she said nobody gets them done and she has not seen any cases, how daft is that.

I was telling the vet that he does not spray pee all over or anything either and he litter trained right off the bat, he just went in and did it from day 2 basically. I also told her he does not destroy stuff or anything, only time he has a go at the wallpaper which he took a bit off and there are tiles around the room in places where he tried is when he wants my attention, if I don't go in early enough or go toilet before going in then sometimes he does that or tries the skirting boards or when he just wants to be mischievous and wind me up and for a chase Laughing . He is too clever and cute and he knows it.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Glad it all went well. Hope he has forgiven you soon:-)
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:31 pm

He has thanks. He could not stay mad long, he would let me stroke him at first but he would not go near me and bink etc as he normally does. He did not long ago he did a mini one bless him and he kept coming up to me before going back to rest in half castle. Very Happy
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:35 pm

You should meet my Daisy.... He can sulk for Britain. The nurses at the vets refer to him as Mr Grumpy Pants!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:42 pm

He'll be back to normal soon. Just working on developing your guilt complex. Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:56 pm

:lol:He is indeed and still making me feel bad, he is still now as lively as normal but he is eating and pooping so that is good
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:01 pm

That is great news. It is amazing how quickly they get over operations, but such a worry until they do. Thumbs Up
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:25 pm

It was just a jab lol, I dread to think what he is like after neutering, he did not like the car trip. He did not know what was going on , poor little thing.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down