Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reducing Dougals pellets slowly

3 posters

Go down

Reducing Dougals pellets slowly Empty Reducing Dougals pellets slowly

Post by BugsBunny Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi everyone

Thanks for all the help on the pellet advice the other week, when I took Dougal for his vaccinations on Tuesday I asked the vets about his pellets as he is the perfect weight now she said and that I do not want him putting any more on so I told her he is free fed them but I am cutting them down and if it is best to do it slowly rather than all at once. I also said I am in the process of changing him to adult pellets too, this is his 3rrd or 4th day today having mixed junior and adult. She said that is a good idea to gradually ween then down then he does not go from loads and suddenly to non in the bowl so that when he hits his 6 months or not long before he is on the recommended egg cup a day. I have reduced him to half a bowl a day now and I am going to keep cutting them down and he will be totally on adult in next 3-4 days too. Tomorrow I will reduce further so by end of next week/week after he will be on the egg cup amount which I know is best for him. I may even get to the egg cup stage before that.

Just wanted tp update everyone and say thanks, I was telling her about getting help from a really good forum and that they you all said an egg cup amount too , she smiled, think she was happy I am dong a lot reading up and seeking advice. I do not think it will take that long before he is on that amount so all is good.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Reducing Dougals pellets slowly Empty Re: Reducing Dougals pellets slowly

Post by KatieB Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:36 pm

Has he started giving you the Guilt looks yet??
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Ha ha Katie love, they are very good at that aren't they LOL?!

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Yep, he has been giving me those looks since I took him the vets :lol:but he still loves me, so that is good. He does not understand why he has no free pellets in, I did not fill it up or put any in last night like I would normally do and he only had 4 pieces left but I did not cave and just gave him half a bowl this morning which is his lot, then will lessen them again tomorrow. He gave me the looks just staring at me and trying to look even more adorable this morning for stopping him scratching the carpet, he was behind his cage playing peek a boo and started going at the carpet so I kept pushing him away and lifting him up a bit to stop him so he ran away then backwards and started doing it again, he thought it was a game and he kept giving me his I am going to be naughty and I know it is wrong look then we did this for 5 mins. After that he sat there looking as cute as can be and kept moving his ears back etc and staring at me very cutely behind the cage and through it for 10mins. I said it is not going to work no matter how adorable you are looking at me and how long you stare at me I am your humum and boss Laughing, after 10 mins he came binking at me. He is so awesome. Laughing
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down