Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fenugreek chrunchies recipe? U/D Found a reasonable co!

+2
marleyNfriends
gentl
6 posters

Go down

Fenugreek chrunchies  recipe?  U/D Found a reasonable co! Empty Fenugreek chrunchies recipe? U/D Found a reasonable co!

Post by gentl Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Anyone have a recipe for these?  To get 1 small 200 GM pkg delivered here it is aprox $14 US!!

Rory is addicted.   Does anyone give fresh fenugreek to their buns?

Last edited by gentl on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Fenugreek chrunchies  recipe?  U/D Found a reasonable co! Empty Re: Fenugreek chrunchies recipe? U/D Found a reasonable co!

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:59 pm

Unfortunately I dont know the recipie, but I do have a tutorial on youtube for home made bunny treats, which you could always adapt and add fenugreek. Ive switched all my videos to private now though, so if you want it, let me know and ill send you the link.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Fenugreek chrunchies  recipe?  U/D Found a reasonable co! Empty Re: Fenugreek chrunchies recipe? U/D Found a reasonable co!

Post by KatieB Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:00 am

Hi hunni,

I don't mind grabbing you a job lot - to keep you going for a while.....

Ill see if I can get some idea of postage costs and weights to see what would be the mst economical way of doing it.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:29 am

I think it is fine to feed fresh plant or to dry it out. But avoid the seeds raw as they are poisonous.

Looking at the ingredients I think crunchies are probably just 2% fenugreek powder 98% ground corn/polenta mix to a paste with some water then baked until hard.

There is a recipe for a much richer recipe here - http://www.therabbithouse.com/blog/2011/11/16/homemade-rabbit-treats/

If you are going to grow your own you can make fenugreek powder with the seed but they require pan roasting until they are really very dark in colour before grinding.

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:47 pm

I am currently growing some fresh fenugreek for Dougal. I have not given him any yet, but it is growing well so will be doing soon hopefully. He loves the crunchies too.

Do they not sell them over there anywhere so you do not have to pay shipping etc?
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:38 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I think it is fine to feed fresh plant or to dry it out. But avoid the seeds raw as they are poisonous.

Looking at the ingredients I think crunchies are probably just 2% fenugreek powder 98% ground corn/polenta mix to a paste with some water then baked until hard.

There is a recipe for a much richer recipe here - http://www.therabbithouse.com/blog/2011/11/16/homemade-rabbit-treats/

If you are going to grow your own you can make fenugreek powder with the seed but they require pan roasting until they are really very dark in colour before grinding.
2%??? Shocked and they smell THAT strong Shocked
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:44 pm

2% is what it says on the packet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:46 pm

Holy moly!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:47 pm

I tried to get a guy at my work to eat one but he wasn't having any of it Laughing

My excuse for refusing? There's no veggie label! My motto is, no label, no eat! Phew! Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:11 pm

I found that VioVet sells them for 1.75 BPS!  They will ship 1.5 K for 10 BPS.  The crunchies are 200 gm per bag so I could get 7 bags to keep it under the 1.5 kg.
7 x 1.75= 12.25 + 10(shipping)= 22.25 BPS = $34.55  My math may be wrong. Hmmm 
That makes each bag cost about $4  Not super cheap but better than the $12-14 per bag!

Katieb wrote:Hi hunni,

I don't mind grabbing you a job lot - to keep you going for a while.....

Ill see if I can get some idea of postage costs and weights to see what would be the mst economical way of doing it.
Thanks Katie!

gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:30 am

Myrtle, Patch and Daisy get fresh fenugreek leaves but only about 3 a day as a treat. I think they prefer the crunchies though as they smell stronger and are crunchy
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down