Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henry ..Sad News and Advice needed / Henry has gone :-(

+13
Yorkshire Debs
JoeyBunsMum
iiisecondcreep
paullp
Sparky
KatieB
Amelia66
gentl
marleyNfriends
Littleboots
Thumper2001
Velvet.Tears
Tuckerbunnies
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Henry ..Sad News and Advice needed / Henry has gone :-( Empty Henry ..Sad News and Advice needed / Henry has gone :-(

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Henry has had his tests and he is in the final stages of renal failure and the vet has just rang us about having him pts, she has said that if we want to bring him home for the weekend we can but he has to be pts within this week. Mike would like to bring him home for the weekend and take him back on Monday to be pts as at Sox ( Henry's girl) is under GA having her dental Op and Mike's worried about her coming round and he's not there. Crying or Very sad 

Do we bring Henry home for the weekend and take him back on Monday? or do we let him go today Crying or Very sad 

I don't know what Sox will do without him they have been together for years and they are always huddled together. It's just so sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Henry ..Sad News and Advice needed / Henry has gone :-( Empty Re: Henry ..Sad News and Advice needed / Henry has gone :-(

Post by Velvet.Tears Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:32 pm

Oh gosh its hard to say, I personally if he isn't in any pain would spend one last weekend with him.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Henry ..Sad News and Advice needed / Henry has gone :-( Empty Re: Henry ..Sad News and Advice needed / Henry has gone :-(

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Oh no, Maysie. I'm so sorry Sad

Like Lorna said, it is a hard call to make but if I was to put myself in your shoes I think I would take him home for the weekend, provided he won't be in any pain/discomfort.

It won't be easy either way but this way uz can have some last cuddles Crying or Very sad And the vet must think he'll be ok over the weekend if she suggested it x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Littleboots Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Oh Maysie, Im so sorry Crying or Very sad 
Thats a really tough one... but if it were me Id ask myself a few questions... Is he eating, drinking, weeing and poohing? Has he got quality of life? If the answer to these is yes.... then I would bring him home and give him a little extra time.
You will know when the time is right... and you never know.... he may be ok for a while longer yet
Sending massive hugs your way Hugs Hugs 
Littleboots
Littleboots
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Oh Maysie, im so terribly sorry Sad Poor Henry Hugs Hugs Hugs

As the others have said, if he isnt in any pain, I would bring him home for the weekend. xxxxxxx
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Littleboots wrote:Oh Maysie, Im so sorry Crying or Very sad 
Thats a really tough one... but if it were me Id ask myself a few questions... Is he eating, drinking, weeing and poohing?  Has he got quality of life?  If the answer to these is yes.... then I would bring him home and give him a little extra time.
You will know when the time is right... and you never know.... he may be ok for a while longer yet
Sending massive hugs your way Hugs Hugs 
He has to be pts this week June his organs are slowly shutting down Crying or Very sad  he's eating and drinking and sometimes he will have a little binky but he has lost weight and is quieter than normal. We can't leave it really any later than Monday but as hard as it will be we would just like one more weekend with him.
Everything has come at once, Fudge being so poorly, the girls due to be spayed next Tuesday and now Henry , lovely soft teddy Henry Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Littleboots Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:25 pm

Sad Sad 
Then Maysie youve answered your own question... Have this weekend with him and enjoy every minute you have left...
Its hard , I know and no one would judge you whatever you decide to do

More Hugs Hugs Hugs 
Littleboots
Littleboots
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:52 pm

Littleboots wrote:Sad Sad 
Then Maysie youve answered your own question... Have this weekend with him and enjoy every minute you have left...
Its hard , I know and no one would judge you whatever you decide to do

More Hugs Hugs Hugs 
I guess I just wanted to hear people say that Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:40 pm

Awwwww Maysie! You poor dear. Bring him home and love on him. You need to say goodbye. As difficult as it is to do, you haven't had that opportunity with so many of the losses you have endured as of late. Saying a proper goodbye can help with you beginning to heal from the grief.

I'm worried about Sox. She needs time with Henry after he is gone. She needs to know he won't be back and begin her grieving. Is there somebun that you can bond Sox with quickly? She is accustomed to not being alone.
Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs 
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:31 pm

i agree with what everyone has said, try not to think about what happens Monday and just enjoy some time with him. Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:02 pm

Oh Maysie, I am so very very sorry to hear this. He is such a gorgeous chap and I know how much he is loved.

I also think having this last weekend with him is the right thing to do.

I'm sending you all my love x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:36 pm

Oh Maysie, I am so sorry. What sad news and a tough decision to make, but I do think the right one is to bring him home for those last couple of days and have a chance to spoil him rotten Hugs Hugs Hugs

I'm sure Henry would love to have the chance to thank you and Mike for all his time as a Tuckerbunny and for allowing him the chance to pass peacefully Hugs Hugs Hugs 

But what a horrible, heart-wrenching time for you. You're in my thoughts Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:30 pm

Hugs 
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Our gentle boy Henry has gone to the Bridge Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 

Henry ..Sad News and Advice needed / Henry has gone :-( 30-4-12006

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:15 pm

So sorry, RIP beautiful boy Crying or Very sad 
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:21 pm

Oh Maysie Crying or Very sad Binky free sweetie Hugs 

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:22 pm

oh gosh maysie im so sorry.

binky free beautiful boy

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Littleboots Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:38 pm

Oh Maysie Im so so sorry... Im crying my eyes out here for you Crying or Very sad 
Henry was such a lovely snuggly bunny and you gave him such a wonderful life
I really am truly sorry
Sending you tons of hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs 
Sleep tight gorgeous boy.... you will be missed so much xx
Littleboots
Littleboots
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire Debs Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:17 pm

Oh no! I just logged in to see how it had gone today...
That's so sad. So so sorry Maysie Crying or Very sad 
Big hugs to you and Mike.
Hugs Hugs Hugs
xxxxx
Yorkshire Debs
Yorkshire Debs
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:24 pm

Very sorry to hear this Maysie.

Binky free Henry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:03 pm

I thought he might go if u bought him home I had an inkling didn't want to say anything. I'm so sorry xx
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:40 pm

Velvet.Tears wrote:I thought he might go if u bought him home I had an inkling didn't want to say anything. I'm so sorry xx
He went because he couldn't cope with the light GA but I'm glad he went to sleep here in the comfort of his home surrounded by his lady and all the things he loved and that loved him Crying or Very sad 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:11 am

I just had a inkling if u bought him home he would go at home. He went surrounded by people who love him and buns who love him.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:36 am

I'm so very very sorry xxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:53 am

Glad he got to pass at home naturally. Hugs 

Binky free Henry.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next