Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I have some vibes for myself please?

+3
paullp
Sparky
FluffSlave
7 posters

Go down

Can I have some vibes for myself please? Empty Can I have some vibes for myself please?

Post by FluffSlave Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:47 pm

Back in the summer I got really poorly with a throat and ear infection, and I think I'm getting another one Sad 

My throat is really sore, my ears were aching last night (although, fingers crossed, they're not today), I'm super lethargic and every time I stand up and try and do anything I break into cold sweats and get dizzy.

I honestly don't have a chance to rest - this started yesterday and I had to nanny then and today, tomorrow I've got a really important day of uni I can't miss, then over the weekend my boyfriend is here and we're off to visit my grandparents, then on Monday I have work placement and on Tuesday it's back to college, and the week continues the same from there. Coupled with looking after the pets and getting assignments etc done. I'm going to be wiped out pale 

Anyone know anything you can do to prevent/deter it? I'm trying to get early nights, drink lots of fluids etc but if it's anything like last time I'm going to be bedbound for a week and I really don't have time for that!!

Any vibes would be greatly appreciated Hugs Hugs 
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Can I have some vibes for myself please? Empty Re: Can I have some vibes for myself please?

Post by Sparky Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:33 pm

Lots of vibes for you Jess Hugs Hugs Hugs 

Humum is just getting over a manky cold - the thing that seems to knock the symptoms back is one of the generic / supermarket combined cold and flu tablets.

Lots of vitamin C (you could also try echinacea) and make sure you eat properly even if you don't feel like it Hugs Hugs Hugs 
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Can I have some vibes for myself please? Empty Re: Can I have some vibes for myself please?

Post by FluffSlave Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:56 pm

Sparky wrote:Lots of vibes for you Jess Hugs Hugs Hugs 

Humum is just getting over a manky cold - the thing that seems to knock the symptoms back is one of the generic / supermarket combined cold and flu tablets.

Lots of vitamin C (you could also try echinacea) and make sure you eat properly even if you don't feel like it Hugs Hugs Hugs 
Thanks Sparky Hugs

I'm not sure Willow would approve of this Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:58 pm

lots of vibes for you Hugs Sparky's right about vit c and echinacea. Zinc is supposed to be good too.
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:19 pm

Thanks Paul Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:18 pm

Hope you are ok hunni - where you can try and grab five mins here or there for yourself xxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:00 pm

Sparky covered a lot!  Drink lots of vitamin C rich fruit juices.  I developed a craving for a mixture of cranberry cocktail and orange juice.  The tartness of the cranberry offsets the sweetness of the OJ.  Real homemade lemonade is also very good.  Have you ever tried it hot?  Yum!  Hot tea with lemon and honey.

One more important thing!  Gargle with saltwater(NaCl).  1/2 t per 8 oz H20. There are solid scientific reasons behind this.

Something else: Chicken soup! It acts as an anti-inflammatory by inhibiting the movement of neutrophils — immune system cells that participate in the body's inflammatory response. Second, it temporarily speeds up the movement of mucus. Supposedly if you put in the comb and the feet it nutritionally better soup---but I think EWWWW.

Keep your environment humid. Dry mucus membranes crack and provide areas for more bacteria/viruses to breed.

I hope you are better soon! I'll send up a prayer too! Hugs 
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:58 pm

Lots of warm fluffy blankeys on the way love, I hope you get better soon.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:35 am

Thanks guys Hugs

Still not feeling brilliant but the boyfriend did a fab job of looking after me this weekend and I'm feeling a bit better at least Very Happy
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:56 am

Glad you are improving Smile 
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:05 pm

I am so glad you have someone to look after you love and I am glad you are feeling better.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:40 am

Glad you are some better. Hope you continue to improve very quickly! Hugs 
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:05 am

I'm afraid not Sad

I'm off to the doctors in an hour as this is coming up for a week since this has started now and I'm not feeling much better.

Thank you guys Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:15 pm

Tons of vibes coming your way. Its awful feeling so ill, and having so much to do and not feeling up to it adds to the stress of it all! I hope youre feeling better soon!! xxxx
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:36 pm

Thank you Hugs

The doctor said I have a virus and told me to stay off college today. I've got some work done from the comfort of the sofa and a duvet anyway, which is a relief. I'm still aching all over but I feel better for being on top of things.

I'm at home the next two days anyway and even though I'm looking after the baby, I'll hopefully get a chance to rest when she sleeps!
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:48 pm

So sorry to hear that you are still not well! I hope you are able to get the rest you need and feel better very quickly. Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs 
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:10 pm

More healng vibes on ther way love, anything like this takes times to go away completely.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:56 am

Thank you guys Hugs

I'm glad to say I'm feeling much better and totally back to myself now Very Happy
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:47 pm

This is wonderful news! Sending an extra bit of vibes.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:20 pm

I am so glad you are feeling better sweetheart.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down