Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holly update and Sad News

+3
paullp
KatieB
jolovesbunnies
7 posters

Go down

Holly update and Sad News Empty Holly update and Sad News

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:51 pm

Hello my dear friends

Just a little update on Holly but it as turned out to be a sad day for us too.

Mrs Lolly Cuddle-Hugs one of our guinea piggies had to be put to sleep this afternoon. She had completely lost the use of her legs and nothing could be done. I introduce one little life and lose another, we are both very distressed but I still want to give you a update on Holly.

As soon as she was home we put her in a large pen so that the two of them could just say hello. At first she completely ignored him and went straight to her hay and had a really good feed and then a good drink. She nosed him through the bars once and then she just returned to eating her hay, completely relaxed, but really treating Boo as if he wasn’t there. As all seemed to go well so we let them have a little time together, staying very close and ready to separate them. There was an awful skirmish and we just stepped in quickly. They then bit each other’s noses between the bars which I think shocked them both as is it unlikely that either of them had been bitten by one of their own kind before. However it calmed things down and they left each other alone for a while. .

Holly is delightful; she is so laid back and friendly; she loves nose rubs and comes up to us for a stroke and nothing fazes her. When we do fuss her though, we fuss Boo at the same time when they are n the same room and when we fuss Boo, she has a little stroke too. She is a great little eater and she loves her hay. After they had their scrap, where as most buns would be in the corner looking scared, she just went over to her food bowl and had an eat LOL!! She doesn’t even mind being picked up and she will snuggle into you.

She loves exploring where as Binky however didn't. When I swapped them around and she went into my bedroom whilst Binks was the living room, she was jumping all over and off and on the bed investigating. I sat with her and she stayed on the bed too and rolled onto her back. It filled my heart with joy to see it and it wasn’t the first time she had done it. I do so hope this is going to work eventually as she had found her way well and truly into our hearts and I couldn’t be without her now.

I will keep you all updated and thank you much for your wanting to hear all about her.

Lots of love

Jo xxx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Holly update and Sad News Empty Re: Holly update and Sad News

Post by KatieB Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:00 pm

Jo I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. Sleep tight little one xxxx

I'm glad to hear she is settling in so well - I'm so happy for her .

It's very early days for the two of them and I'm sure things will settle xx

Sending you all our love x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Sorry to hear your piggy troop have reduced again Jo.

But great to hear that Holly is settling in and putting Binky in his place. I am sure that they will settle together soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:26 pm

so sad to hear of Mrs Lolly Cuddle-Hugs going to the rainbow bridge. I think the hay eating can be a good sign, a big pile of fresh hay can sometimes help reconcile fights between buns.. at least it helped with Patch and Daisy when they had their big fight
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:43 pm

So saddened to hear of Mrs Lolly Cuddle-Hugs leaving for the Rainbow Bridge. Scurry safe and free little one.

Sounds like you may soon have TWO bunnies sleeping with you on the bed instead of just Binky Boo! Bonding sounds like it is going well and you have another cuddle bunny to boot! Enjoy them!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:19 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your little piggie, Jo  Sad Hugs Hugs Hugs 

I'm glad Holly is home with you, though. She sounds absolutely lovely Love and I am sure that you'll soon have the pair of them running riot through the house  Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:57 pm

Thank you much lovely friends for all your kind posts, I really do apppreciate them so very much.

Yes, we are missing Lolly and it has made us very sad; she was 8 years old which is good for a piggy, but still the loss is felt so deeply.

We are keeping the buns separate at the moment, swwapping arund rooms and leaving the opposite hay box where it is so they really get used to each other's scent. Binky went up to say hello to her today and she bit him through the bars. However, he really attacked her yesterday before we stepped in and I think she thinks that attack is the best form of defence after yesterday's encounter.

Thank you for your reassurances regarding the bondng. The way they are at the moment I cannot imagine them ever being friends but this behaviour is too be expected and we will just have to keep swapping them around unti we feel it is safe to put them together again with us ready to jump in again should they fight.

I will keep you all updated ad thank you so much for your lovely interest.

Hugs

JOxx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:44 pm

I will remind you of how hard I found Bruce and Flo's bond, and you have seen how close they are now. Don't panic yet!

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Thank you Cheryl love, I find that comforting.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:06 am

I am sorry to hear about Lolly, I hope the arrival of Holly is lifting your spirits. She sounds gorgeous. Is it possible that you can adapt their arrangement so that they cannot bite each other through the bars?
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:49 pm

Thank you Sixer love for yur concern re Lolly, yes, do feel a little better for having Holly. At the moment, they are both in separate rooms because after being free, Holly was not happy about being in there. So we are going to swap them a little at a time and exchange each others' hay boxes.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:39 pm

How are you Jo? And Miss Holly?
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Hello Gentl love

We are absolutely fine thank you fpr asking and no one is going to believe this but they have bonded already. They spent all the latter part of yesterday grooming and nose rubbing each other and they are frequently doing little binkes and rolling over onto their sides. I think it is a definate love match and I am so happy for them. I thought it would take ages for them to bond. I just hope that Binky still snuggles up in my arm sometimes and I haven;t lost my bond with him. Holly is a little sweetie, she is so loving and comes up for fusses all the time.

I will keep you updated and thank you so much for your interest and messages.

Hugs

Jo xxx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:01 pm

Yay! Very Happy cheers

I am so pleased to hear the bond has gone so well.

I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your piggie, but I hope this has lifted your spirits Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Really brilliant news Jo!

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:15 pm

I predict a Binky Boo, Miss Holly and Jo all snuggly and sleepy in bed together! One happy Bunny Mommy and 2 happy buns!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Oh my gosh, how fantastic  Very Happy 

I'm really pleased for you, Jo. And Binky. And Holly  cheers cheers cheers 
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:28 pm

what brilliant news!

Congratulations to the happy couple!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:13 pm

Such lovely news, I am overjoyed for you all  Very Happy 
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:06 am

I'm so glad my name sake (  Wink  ) and Binky Boo have settled down so happily.  Love begats love.  Very Happy
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Thank you so very much for all your kind interest darlings, it does my heart good reading your lovely messages.

We are still fine I am pleased to say but I think Binky is more in love with Holly than the other way around.

Holly is naughty well, not naughty but just a bunny. We have been spoilt with Binky because he isn't a chewer and isn't running around and into everythng. Holly is. Everything has to be moved out of reach which we are not used to anymore and the small piece of carpet we have in the sitting room has had a pounding. The files on my bookcase in my bedroom have had the bottoms, sides and labels chewed and she as have many other items whch were not saved in time.

She jumped from the bed onto the open draw that had choccies in it, not thinking about how safe it was and when we stupidly left a box of chocolates on the coffee table a few days ago and she had the whole lot on top of her. Luckily in both cases we managed to take them away in time. She is absolutely adorable though and we are so very pleased that we have her.

Ah yes, we have two Hollies on here now love. I hope you are right Gentl love, but Holly only gets onto the bed at night for a drink and a eat, she has her own hay box on the floor because she woouldnlt use his. This means she doesn't cuddle up to Binky at night because he wll not leave the bed, so, he actually came up to me this morning for a proper snuggle which was as a good a New Year's gift as I could have. Maybe in time she will stay on the bed for longer and we can all cuddle up. She did on her first night but has spent the rest just being on the floor.

I will keep you all updated and thank you again for your very kind interest.

Love and hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down