Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with LARGE blockage of poo!! U/D 14th no poo :(

+10
fluffiebunnie
racheld69
Tracyuk
Sixer
Happy Hoppers
buddabun
Laura
SarahP
rallybunny
Pringle
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Help with LARGE blockage of poo!! U/D 14th no poo :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Help with LARGE blockage of poo!! U/D 14th no poo :(

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:59 pm

Awwwwww glad he is home Very Happy
Maybe he will need meds to keep him 'going' but lets cross that bridge if we come to it.

Back to top Go down

Help with LARGE blockage of poo!! U/D 14th no poo :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Help with LARGE blockage of poo!! U/D 14th no poo :(

Post by Pringle Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:05 pm

Thanks Jane. I am just so worried:( keep thinking of the "what ifs" Sad .. hope he is ok.. xx
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:17 pm

I know its impossible not to think of the 'what ifs' but just try to think like Pringle- ie he 'feels' OK now and has absolutely no concept of 'what ifs'
Buns are amazing, they may have significant problems but as long as they 'feel' OK within themselves its not an issue.

I would guess that the med that helped Pringle the most was the one that's difficult to obtain -Cisipride AKA Prepulsid. It might be worth getting your Vet to apply for a special licence to obtain it for Pringle

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffiebunnie Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:32 pm

Glad Pringle is feeling better x
fluffiebunnie
fluffiebunnie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Pringle Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:59 pm

Thank you Smile

My vet has a license to get it but the reason they phoned round other places is it would take about 4 weeks for it to get to the surgery. Pringle is currently on :-
Metoclopromide 0.5ml three times a day
cisapride 1/4 tablet once a day
liquid paraffin 5ml twice a day
zantac 0.5ml twice a day
Pineapple juice 5ml three times a day

I think hes a druggie Hmmm silent
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:18 pm

Don't know how I have managed to miss this thread up to now. Embarassed
I am pleased to hear that Pringle is now back home and I hope he continues to improve. Lots of poo vibes heading his way.
He is such a handsome bunny!
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Pringle Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:55 am

Thank you jomart

Well Pringle has poo'd but he hasnt since last night Sad i am slightly worried, they manages to get in the pin and binch a banana skin that had been put in and ate some of that so i dont know if this is what has stopped him pooing or if its whatever it is that stopped him in first place Sad. He has had all his meds, he is eating fine, and he is active still!! just no poop Sad xx
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffiebunnie Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:27 am

Such a worry... hope poops arrive soon x
fluffiebunnie
fluffiebunnie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:53 am

Hopefully he will produce some poos later today Smile
Some dandeion leaves may be useful to give him as they are a 'natural' laxative

Back to top Go down

Post by Pringle Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:40 pm

Thanks Smile
Ok Jane i will go and get some now for him Smile

We have a wee drop poo, not much but atleast its coming Very Happy xx
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:11 pm

Pooping vibes on their way xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by rallybunny Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:37 pm

How is he now??? I know when Evo came back from the vets, his body clock was all over the place, and he wasn't pooing at his normal times.
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:15 am

Hows wee Pringle this morning Hayley?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pringle Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:23 am

Theirs no poo Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sad i really dont know what to do. I have given him all the meds he is meant to etc but he is not pooing Sad their must be something stopping it and to me it doesnt look good:(....

He is still eating, running around daft but no poo:(.. i thought maybe if he was on grass for a while get fibre from their that may help but if it is this grass disease i dont want to chance it as i dont know if it comes from grass Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sad

Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sad
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffiebunnie Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:45 am

I am so sorry Pringle is still not well... I dont really know what else to say... but just to let you know I am hoping Pringle gets better quickly x
fluffiebunnie
fluffiebunnie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Pringle Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:57 am

Thank you.

Even though he is bright within himself i think i am loosing him SadSadSad...If all this medication is not helping what will Sad Crying or Very sad xx
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:06 am

You must feel dreadful, I am so hoping that the fact he seems bright and happy is a good sign. Is he drinking plenty of water?

Thinking of you and hoping that poos are on their way xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by rallybunny Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:08 pm

Poor Pringle. Sad Has your vet sought the opinions of another vet?

Has he had any more xrays or tests since the last time??

Sending more vibes.
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Pringle Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:15 pm

He got blood tests last week and only an x-ray the first time. He has done a wee drop poo but not along, they are really little. Im hoping he continues to poo Sad. I just want to know what the cause is.. and hopefully their will be a treatment for it Sad xx
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunbuns Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:16 pm

I really can't believe i've missed this.

I'm so sorry to hear about Pringle and i'm sending as many vibes as i can muster for the gorgeous boy xxx

Big hugs to you too xxxx
Bunbuns
Bunbuns
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by rallybunny Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:30 am

Any news?
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by rallybunny Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:06 pm

Aww, there's no post. How's Pringle?
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Pringle Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:23 pm

I updated this yesterday Rolling Eyes im confused....

Pringle is ok, still poo'ing, hes on all his meds still but have cut down on the parraffin. When he drinks a lot he poos loads so i think it may have something to do with him being a bit dehydrated too. I have been puting a little pineapple in his water. His chin is quite red and sore looking i think thats just from it being wet.

He is going in for a dental tomorrow:( so vibes would be appreciated, my poor man has been through so much lately Sad xx
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:17 pm

If he is dehydrated the last thing he needs is Paraffin. Hmmm
In that case I would suspect regular syringe feeding with warm water would be in order, if not some sub-q fluids.

Have you performed a pinch test on his skin?
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:00 am

I hope Pringle gets on OK with his Dental today Smile

If he continues to require a laxative then I'd speak with the Vet about LACTULOSE. This is an osmotic laxative, drawing water into the GI tract thus making the gut contents softer.Lactulose does not coat the gut contents as does liquid parafin.It is very important that the Bun drinks well if on Lactulose so subcutaneous fluid therapy is often also required.

Lots of Pringle Vibes !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next