Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes for Dolly, please UD. Shes gone :(

+13
The Snowman
Sparky
Father Jack
Tuckerbunnies
Big Ears
BugsBunny
bunny boy
KatieB
jolovesbunnies
c.bolduan
Sixer
FluffSlave
marleyNfriends
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Vibes for Dolly, please UD. Shes gone :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Vibes for Dolly, please UD. Shes gone :(

Post by Big Ears Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:13 am

I'm really sorry, 50:50 is a very scary place to be.

I hope she manages to shift the gas and that it is nothing serious.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Dolly, please UD. Shes gone :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Vibes for Dolly, please UD. Shes gone :(

Post by c.bolduan Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:01 am

Come on Dolly. Lets get to the plus side of the scale.
Will send a load of top up vibes your way:albino:

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:55 am

Loads of vibes being sent for Dolly xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny boy Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:58 pm

How your doing better today kiddo!!! & the wee bun too Hugs Hugs Hugs
Love Judy
bunny boy
bunny boy
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2015-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny boy Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:14 pm

I just read what I wrote, sorry don't know why I didn't read it before I sent it.
wanted to say Hope your feeling better today , yes the yaaaawin thing did finally kick in, Embarassed
Love Judy
bunny boy
bunny boy
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:29 pm

Sending vibes For you both xxxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:21 pm

Mega Vibes for Dolly xxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:04 pm

Thanks everyone. She seems to be rallying, i dont know if that is just the meds, or what, but the IV fluids have done her the world of good. This morning her poops were terrible, theyre still terrible, but not as dry, so her guts are well hydrated now, which is going to give them a much better chance. Shes still not herself, but has bright moments where she will hop around, and I even put some food on her stool, which she climbed up for. Smile

Every time Ive syringe fed her today, she has been eating something on her own, so this is a great start at this point. Her glucose has also come down from 16 to 14 today Smile I want to say that I think shes going to be ok, but I still know things could go either way. Marley cant go in and visit anymore though, because he chomped through her IV line this morning, and I had to take her to work to replace it Rolling Eyes Thankfully, she didnt mind too much. Its very reassuring to get that feeling from them that they really are trying to fight Smile

Shes coming to work with me on Monday, to continue syringe feeds, and we will repeat her "bunny-gram" xray to see if shes shifted some of the gas. Her tummy certainly feels softer this evening Smile
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:12 pm

Top up vibes and lots of love on its way hun.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:38 pm

This is very positive news hunni.

Tell Marley he is a very naughty boy!!

Come on Dollster! you can do it!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:52 pm

KatieB wrote:This is very positive news hunni.  

Tell Marley he is a very naughty boy!!  

Come on Dollster!  you can do it!!  

Awwww I cant be mad at the poor boy. Hes on his own, and dotes on her. Hes feeling very sorry for himself. Im actually quite worried about him, as he doesnt eat as well without Dolly. I was joking that Dolly is a fighter, and Marley is fine, but because hes on his own, hes given up the will! Rolling Eyes Hes not a brave bunny at all.

Hazels humans came to get her today, and hes perched on top of his house in the run, all scrunched up, looking pathetic. Hes fine though at the moment.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:01 pm

Oh bless him.... I wondered how he was managing without her. how long will she need the IV in for hun? Is there any way they could be together but separate?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:18 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:Marley cant go in and visit anymore though, because he chomped through her IV line this morning, and I had to take her to work to replace it Rolling Eyes Thankfully, she didnt mind too much. Its very reassuring to get that feeling from them that they really are trying to fight

Poor Marley, he was only trying to rescue Dolly. I think you need to explain to him that she's not under arrest or being held prisoner Wink
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:36 pm

KatieB wrote:Oh bless him.... I wondered how he was managing without her.  how long will she need the IV in for hun?  Is there any way they could be together but separate?

Ive been umming and ahhing over what to do with him, really. Ive tried him in adjoining pens, but he was just as stressed because he couldnt get to her and would bar chew constantly. Hes not a fan of being indoors at the moment either, as he hasnt been inside for over a year, as he was with Maysie. I thought he may aswell be stressed outside, in an area that he knows, than stressed inside, and stressed over seeing Dolly, but not being able to be with her. ...that was my thinking anyway. Also, he keeps his winter coat. Dolly is going to start moulting shortly. Ive noticed some whispy fur coming off her. If she cant go back outside until Spring, then Ill bring Marley in when they are able to go together again. ...pairs are fab, but they are a concern when things like this happen!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:29 pm

Loads more vibes for Dolly, come on wee girly Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm sending Dolly a massive vibe top-up Hugs

How is she today? How is Mr Marley, too? xx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:26 pm

Marley is a bit better today. Every time I go out to him, he's sat on top of their hide in the run and won't come to me. He's ok though,  if a little stressed. I decided to leave him outside and not stress him more by moving him around.  Put lots of straw on shed floor to make it more cosy, an put their new castles in the run and it seems to have occupied him a little.

Dolly is still up and down. Eating herbs and  even hay when it suits her but not enough, and it's only after her meds. I think she's still in pain somewhere.  She's been pooping all sorts of shapes, sizes and consistencies, and has a dirty bottom today. She has even been laying in her pee a few times. Poor bun looks a mess. We're not out of the woods. I have no idea how long this may continue for. I know she could still go either way. She's having more xrays tomorrow. Will see how it goes.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:30 pm

Good luck for tomorrow. Am sending loads of vibes for both of your gorgeous wee pair xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:30 pm

Thanks for keeping us in the loop love, I wish I could do more. Lots of hugs and top up vibes are on their way to both the little babies.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny boy Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:47 pm

Poor Bunnys, do you know whats wrong with Dolly, why this has happened, lots of hugs for them both , how are you holding up, are you feeling better
bunny boy
bunny boy
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:49 pm

Sending vibes for her tomorrow Hun xxxxx.

Hope you are ok too xx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:56 pm

bunny boy wrote:Poor Bunnys,  do you know whats wrong with Dolly, why this has happened,  lots of hugs for them both , how are you holding up, are you feeling better

She has what the vet is calling bloat, its worse than normal gas, but not as serious as full on bloat (confused yet!? Laughing). True bloat is often fatal, there is surgery but a lot of bunnies dont make it. Im not sure how this has happened. Mild cases can be caused by some greens, and some buns seem to be prone to having gassy tummies. Dolly will get gassy if she has too much kale, and gets a tummy ache, but its not generally an issue after some Infacol, and its only ever a rare treat. I may not ever know what has caused this. My friends bun had the same problem, because her teeth were the problem. She was gumping water down to ease the pain, and taking in a lot of air at the same time.

Hopefully some x-rays will give us a clearer picture. Smile
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:10 pm

Oh Sophia love, sending a huge amount of top up vibes and hopefully all bunnies be better after vet visits tomorrow.HugsHugs

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:17 pm

I am so sorry she is not doing much better and wish you all the luck for the x rays and mega healing vibes coming her way.

Many hugs for you too Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:47 pm

Sending lots of top-up vibes to Dolly Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next