Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes for Dolly, please UD. Shes gone :(

+13
The Snowman
Sparky
Father Jack
Tuckerbunnies
Big Ears
BugsBunny
bunny boy
KatieB
jolovesbunnies
c.bolduan
Sixer
FluffSlave
marleyNfriends
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Vibes for Dolly, please UD. Shes gone :( - Page 3 Empty Re: Vibes for Dolly, please UD. Shes gone :(

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:03 pm

How is she today sweets, more comforting and healing vibes are on their way?

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Dolly, please UD. Shes gone :( - Page 3 Empty Re: Vibes for Dolly, please UD. Shes gone :(

Post by KatieB Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:08 pm

Any news?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:11 pm

How is Dolly? How are you?

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny boy Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:58 pm

Love & vibes coming your way. How are you & Dolly today ?
Hugs Judy
bunny boy
bunny boy
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2015-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:08 am

Hi folks.

My vet thinks its coccidia, I dont. I think shes been on the fluids for too long. Shes had diarrhoea, but its improved over night, since coming off IVFT. I have a feeling its something dental, but im not sure. Externally her teeth look ok, but im wondering if its her roots, or something. She snatches pellets when shes feeling ok, and then eats them really slowly, and eventually just leave it. ...tried soft ones, she wont touch them Laughing

Shes bright at times, but not herself. My vet referred me to Jaqui Pattersons for a second opinion, so were going there this afternoon. Hopefully, I can get the x-rays that I want, we will see what they say. Im not convinced this was just a random case of stasis/gas, i think theres something going on somewhere. She was bright and eating this morning, then within a few minutes was laid in her tray grinding her teeth, before tucking in to some dried forage. It doesnt make sense!

Ill let you know how I get on. Trying to sort out insurance claim forms, but my stupid insurance company only does them online HBWS I havent got a blimmin printer at the moment.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:08 pm

Good luck with the referral, I hope you get some answers. It's really hard seeing them unwell and not knowing what's wrong/how to help.

Re the insurance form, I used to have that problem too but my local vets are super organised and have copies of referral forms for all the major insurers, this might be a possibility at the vets you are using?

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:00 pm

I think This is jaw based too. I think a Jaw X-ray is the way to go.

Good luck babe xx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:23 pm

Hope you can get some answers Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:33 pm

Crossing all limbs for Dolly and you. Will go and find out what coccidia is. Take a load of top up vibes with you!

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:34 pm

I hope you get somewhere with and the second opinion sheds some light on what is wrong with her. Good luck darling.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by The Snowman Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:11 pm

Good Luck with getting some answers and help for Dolly xx
The Snowman
The Snowman
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:17 pm

Sending lots of vibes to you and Dolly. Hope you get some answers soon xxxx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:54 pm

Did you have any luck this afternoon?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:42 am

Sorry I was so tired, I tool full advantage of having a might off that I went to bed at 8 and put my radiator on in my room!  Laughing

She was admitted for xrays, possibly an ultrasound, full blood profile and they're going to try her on another gut stimulant, as well as an antibiotic. She could have come home but taking her back today would have been difficult.

She's also cold, so they won't be able to GA her unless her body temp comes up, as it will just make her worse. They are going to try to get a skull xray, but it's going to be hard without sedation. He said he will do his best.

He can feel something on her right side, where her liver is. I think he's concerned that she has hepatic lipidosis,  because fatty acids from her food are just sitting there, rather than passing through.

It's just a waiting game until this afternoon/evening. I'm really not sure what to expect, but he was very good with her. She sat tooth purring while I rubbed her ears, and she was licking the vet, she very rarely does that, she never usually sits still long enough! b
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:56 pm

Keeping everything crossed for Dolly. Keep us posted x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:56 pm

Lots of vibes for Dolly Thumbs Up what is hepatic lipidosis? Hmmm
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:02 pm

Keeping everything crossed for positive news my love xx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:32 pm

Father Jack wrote:Lots of vibes for Dolly Thumbs Up what is hepatic lipidosis? Hmmm

Fatty liver.

Loads to of top up vibes for Dolly.

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:34 pm

Im afraid Dolly passed away at 4.30pm. She put up a good fight, but just couldnt do it anymore. I was on my way to see her with Marley, to make a decision about whether to let her go, but I got the call to say she had collapsed, and there was nothing that they could do. Crying or Very sad Why am I never there when I lose them? Crying or Very sad The only comfort I have is knowing that she was giving kisses to the vet on Tuesday, and tooth purring at me for rubbing her ears. That was the last time i saw her. Sad I know that there was nothing more that I could have done, and I gave her absoloutley every chance at coming back from this, but she just became too weak.

Her hind legs also began to swell, and they thought it was her liver, due to hepatic lipidosis, as I mentioned, and/or kidney failure. Whether this was the cause of her illness, or as a result of, its not clear. If it was just her liver, it could well have been a result of ileus. We will never know. I have more to find out, but broke down on the phone, and couldnt speak to the vet without crying when I got there. I said I would call in a day or two.

I really dont know what else to say. I was half expecting it, but I feel awful for Marley, as hes now a lone bunny. Im going to have to consider getting him a friend sooner rather than later too, as he cant come indoors atm due to all the renovations, and I also dont want him to be alone when I have my transplant at the end of April.

I have her body here, Ive decided to bury her under the apple trees. I wont be having her cremated, as it doesnt mean anything to me. I only did it with Davie and Skye because I wasnt ready to let go, and I didnt want to bury their bodies knowing we would be moving.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:48 pm

Oh Sophia, I am so so sorry Crying or Very sad Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

Dolly had a wonderful, happy life with you and Marley. She was a very lucky bunny. I am thinking of you, and Marley too.

Sleep tight sweet wee Dolly xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:00 pm

I just don;t know what to say love, I am so very sorry from the bottom of my heart. Lots of warm hugs are on their way.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:04 pm

Crying or Very sad Binky free little girl Crying or Very sad
So sorry to read this. What thoughts and vibes that could help you Sophia. They are all send. With love .

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:12 pm

So very, very sorry to read your update. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by The Snowman Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:39 pm

sorry to hear about Dolly xxx big hugs x
The Snowman
The Snowman
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Sophia I'm so very sorry. I'm absolutely devastated for you.

She was such a gorgeous special little girl and I know how hard you fought for her.

I'm so sorry for Marley too, he must be confused. I'm sending you both all my love xxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next