Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't believe this is happening. Help me please!!!

+5
FluffSlave
c.bolduan
KatieB
jolovesbunnies
Thumper2001
9 posters

Go down

I can't believe this is happening. Help me please!!! Empty I can't believe this is happening. Help me please!!!

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:38 pm

I've got home to discover Junior is not eating. I've tried all his favourite foods but nothing. I've phoned my vet surgery and the vets have all left early today.

I cannot get him to a vet tonight. Crying or Very sad The animal hospital is MILES away, and I'm here on my own with Noah.

I'm not as concerned about him as I was Molly, he hopped down the stairs no problem and is fighting me, unlike floppy Molly. There's every chance he's just in a strop.

If I can't get him to eat later what can I syringe feed him until the morning? And how often?

I also have loxicom in the house. Should I give him some?

Help me please!!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

I can't believe this is happening. Help me please!!! Empty Re: I can't believe this is happening. Help me please!!!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:55 pm

How heavy is he?

Back to top Go down

I can't believe this is happening. Help me please!!! Empty Re: I can't believe this is happening. Help me please!!!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:56 pm

And is it the dog loxicom?

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:01 pm

I have no idea :-/ He's heavier than Molly tho and she was prescribed the 10kg doze. No it's cat stuff Hmmm
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:16 pm

I am so sorry hun, all I can do is send lots of vibes and say a prayer. I really hope he is all right. Lots of love to you sweets and please keep us informed. Hugs

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:18 pm

Then you could probably give him a similar one off dose. Don't immediately leap to syringe feed, try and tempt him with somthing he likes. If he bloats at all don't syringe at all and get him to an emergency vet.

Is it warm up there? It could be a sudden heat issue. Try draping a damp towel over a chair or something to cool the air for him.

If you are going to try syringing anything try a some water first in case it is a dehydration problem.

If you really want to try syringing food you can crush up some pellets with some water and if you have some 100% fruit baby food then you can add some of that. Banana is a favourite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:26 pm

Thank you.

I'm going to try and tempt him with food again once I get Noah in bed because he's just being a ruddy pest!!

It's not overly hot but their room was quite warm when I got home. I'm giving him some time to relax in his castle and then I'll get a good look at him. He should have cooled down then if it is a heat issue. Certainly didn't feel any bloat at all when I picked him up but will double check. I'm also going to get out their new carrot cottage when Noah's in bed, see if it gets him interested.

I have fruit pots Thumbs Up

I think if I can't get him to eat within an hour or so of Noah going to bed I'll need to figure out getting him to the vet somehow.

I'd never forgive myself if anything happened to him.

So typical this happens when OH is away Mad

Thanks again!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:31 pm

Give the loxicom asap then he will be more likely to eat when you try to tempt him later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:32 pm

Will do. Thank you.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:04 pm

I'm so puzzled by him right now! He's not eating but he's hopping round the room fine and ripping into the plastic green tunnel confused

No interest in the cottage yet tho.

But he's just had a drink. I'm going to bide my time for now. I suspect I'm being punished for his 3 day "holiday"...
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:10 pm

This could be the case.... Has daisy been speaking to him at all ?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:13 pm

Haha maybe! Take Daisy's phone away please No Laughing

He's lapping up pineapple juice now.

Surely he wouldn't be doing that if he felt rotten??
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:19 pm

Yep. Think I'm being taken for a fool. He's doing binkies round the room Hmmm
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:00 pm

Finally got him eating. The little fuzzy bits in the plantain were to hard to resist Rolling Eyes

He's since munched his way through nuggies and some more plantain. And continues to Binky round the room.

I've clearly been punished enough!

Thank you for all the advice Very Happy

Junior is grounded for a month Wink
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:36 pm

ROFL

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:42 am

Oh dear! Hope it was a mummy I tell you what.... scenario and no more mischiefs to be expected! No more do you hear??
Very Happy
Rabbits are monkeys in disguise surely.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:55 am

Oh dear, Junior! Laughing

Glad he's ok Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:04 pm

Jelly used to do this sometimes, she would refuse all food but be fine in every other way, binkies, destruction, the lot. Glad Junior is okay! x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:18 pm

It might be worth getting in some metacam from the vets for events like this. Try to get them moving and give them either water through a syringe or very wet herbs (run under tap to saturate them).

Glad he's pepped up tho

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:24 pm

Now that I know he is ok, I am amused at Junior being the Norty one Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:13 pm

I am so glad he is OK hun, the naughty little boy. A bunny I once had called Snuffles did something similar, looked really poorly, wouldn't eat etc and we called the vet, out of hours; when we got him to the vet he suddenly picked up and there was nothing wrong with him. He had no more pocket money until the vet bill, which was quite hefty, was paid Laughing

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:21 pm

Who would have thought he had it in him! Obviously, Molly has taught the young one well.

Delighted to hear that the dynamic duo and again .............. dynamic! Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:47 pm

Well Junior... this was very naughty, and exactly the kind of behaviour Daisy indulges in on a regular basis - the little monster.

I wonder if he is feeling proud of himself!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:18 pm

I will make a point of passing on just how disappointed you all are in him Wink

He's absolutely fine today.

He couldn't have got his head in the food bowl any quicker this morning if he tried Rolling Eyes

He's still grounded.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:21 pm

SarahJane wrote:Jelly used to do this sometimes, she would refuse all food but be fine in every other way, binkies, destruction, the lot. Glad Junior is okay! x
This is good to know. Thanks Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down