Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi- advice

3 posters

Go down

Hi- advice Empty Hi- advice

Post by Cassidy681 Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi, so we were recently looking for a new pet and after a visit to a pet shop decided on rabbits.  We never got any from the store instead looked for someone rehoming online.  Got 1 adult female (dd named her Crunchie) and a baby bunny (advised it was a female) (dd named her Chomp). But now starting to thing the baby may be male (some humping going on advised baby was 11weeks last week).  I can't post on other pages I have gone into so hoping someone here can advise, managed to get a picture today.Hi- advice Image10
Hi- advice Image10

Cassidy681
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-08-11

Back to top Go down

Hi- advice Empty Re: Hi- advice

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:03 pm

Hello and welcome Wave

It's really difficult to sex rabbits, especially young ones.

I would get her/him to a vet ASAP and get them to double check. Most vets have appointments on a Saturday morning.

Rabbits do hump each other, regardless of gender, but I would not take any chances with this. As you are probably aware (seeing as you rescued rather than purchased Smile ) there are THOUSANDS of rabbits in rescue up and down the country so try to avoid accidental litters at all costs Smile

I hope you get the answer you are hoping for!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by freecycle_rabbit Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:30 pm

Agree with Thumper it is difficult, these pictures are not very clear and its always easier in the flesh, but, only in my opinion, i would say looking at both pictures it is a girl.

However I would not substitute this for professional advice, it is always best to be 100% sure. This is just my personal thoughts/opinion from a photo, and may well be wrong.
freecycle_rabbit
freecycle_rabbit
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2012-11-16

https://folksy.com/shops/CustomHandmade

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy681 Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:59 pm

Thanks, we couldn't get a near vet appointment one week to wait thanks for work commitments clashing with free appointments lol. As you can probably gather new to rabbits so been reading up lots in my free time today. I am hoping for two girls as although will need spayed won't be such an important matter! The humping seems just to be dominance related rather than attempting mating going on what I've read.

Thanks for the replies!!!

Cassidy681
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:22 am

I've just noticed I got my days mixed up again. It's Friday today, not Saturday! Laughing This happens a lot!!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down