Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Darling Jack: 16 Jan 2006- 10 Oct 2008

+28
KathyT
Amber & Noel
NickieM
Jay
angelmouse
March Hare
Big Ears
biscuitblossom
Joanne26
Rice
Kirsty&Lola
Vickie
nethie
Boblets
DixieLuBun
FudgesMummy
rafiki_magic
Laura
Josephine
Becca6
Sixer
racheld69
Catsknickers
Happy Hoppers
rallybunny
Bunbuns
fluffiebunnie
buddabun
32 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My Darling Jack: 16 Jan 2006- 10 Oct 2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Darling Jack: 16 Jan 2006- 10 Oct 2008

Post by Laura Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:17 pm

Sleep tight little darling xxx
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

My Darling Jack: 16 Jan 2006- 10 Oct 2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Darling Jack: 16 Jan 2006- 10 Oct 2008

Post by rafiki_magic Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:52 pm

this trubute is one of the most emotional and beautiful things i have read in a long time and this is the most in a day i have had tears rolling down my face in a very long time i really feel for you helen and charlotte but at least she is gone from the pain and suffering of this cruel world where bunnies can eat all day and binky non stop and even chew wires and nobody bats a eyelid all my love to you both xx mwah
rafiki_magic
rafiki_magic
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:59 pm

binky free you brave little girl!
you may have been a tiny wee bun but you've left a hole that no bun can ever fill for your mummy and aunty charlotte!
your boys won't ever forget you little miss!

binky free and cause as much tiny mayhem as you can!

big huggles and nose rubs x x x

love kelly and fudge bunny who has disintegrated into floods of tears
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:56 pm

Binky Free Jack, my kids fell in love with you when we visited Auntie Charlotte and I haven't had the heart to tell them yet that you have moved onto bunny paradise. It breaks my heart to think of the hurt both your Mummy and Auntie Charlotte are going through. The photo's your mummy put on of your are wonderful but having met you that was better. Rest in piece little one you will always be in our hearts. :luv:
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Boblets Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:07 pm

That is a beautiful and fitting tribute Helen.

Charlotte please find solice in the fact that Helen needed someone to be with Jack and you took such good care of her.
Helen I know you loved her and for me to know from this distance I know that she must have known too, she was so happy how could she not know.
I am so sorry for your loss and the pain this has caused you. No words can help at the moment but you did the right thing.
Boblets
Boblets
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1096

Back to top Go down

Post by nethie Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:15 pm

Crying or Very sad rip jack, glad she wasn't alone and charlotte was with her, great photos and lovely tribute to a beautiful bun

nethie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2334
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickie Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:25 pm

What a beautiful girl, and so brave. Binky free little Jack xx
Vickie
Vickie
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsty&Lola Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:22 pm

Binky Free Beautiful Jack, you were a truly wonderful bunster. Have fun at the Bridge x
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1016

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:29 pm

Oh Helen I'm so sorry Sad That was a beautiful tribute to her and it's totally got me crying. It's obvious to see what a special bun she was and how much she meant to both you and Charlotte. I know Princess Caramel is watching over her, binky free Jack xx
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne26 Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:55 pm

A beautiful tribute Crying or Very sad

I wish i could take the hurt away.
Love to Char, Helen and Mr B, i'm so sorry Crying or Very sad

Sleep tight beautiful girly Jack xx

They may leave us but the memories remain forever x
Joanne26
Joanne26
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1031

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:11 am

Thank you all. Your words have set me off again but I am feeling perhaps a little better this morning.

It's true that there is just this huge hole in me now and I don't know how to fill it. I know Charlotte is suffering more than she's letting on so please make sure we are there for her.

I can't bring myself to change my profile... She is everywhere in this house, hanging pictures, my desktop, on the fridge, even on the calendar I had made before we came here to remind myself of the bunnies back home.
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by biscuitblossom Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:43 am

Thats a wonderful tribute...I have tears rolling down my face....Helen and Charlotte hope you're both ok,Jack was a beautiful little bunny ,treasure your memories of her.

Have fun at Rainbow Bridge Jack.x

biscuitblossom
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 352

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:47 pm

So very sorry that you have lost such a special little bunny.

I can't begin to imagine how it must have felt not being able to be with her.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:28 pm

My Darling Jack: 16 Jan 2006- 10 Oct 2008 - Page 2 Jacksun-1

Some say love it is a river
that drowns the tender reed
Some say love it is a razor
that leaves your soul to bleed

Some say love it is a hunger
an endless aching need
I say love it is a flower
and you it's only seed

It's the heart afraid of breaking
that never learns to dance
It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance
It's the one who won't be taken
who cannot seem to give
and the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live

When the night has been too lonely
and the road has been too long
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows
lies the seed
that with the sun's love
in the spring
becomes the rose

Binky Free little Jack

xx

Back to top Go down

Post by March Hare Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:27 pm

I cannot believe that I missed this thread. Crying or Very sad I am so, so, SO sorry, hun. :Hugs: Little Jack was SUCH a brave fighter, she overcame SO much.....and all because of everything that you did for her, and later that Charlotte did for her. She was a VERY lucky girl to have had two such lovely, caring people to care for her. :luv:

Binky free forever at the Bridge, Beautiful Little Girl. xxxxx Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
March Hare
March Hare
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:43 pm

My Darling Jack: 16 Jan 2006- 10 Oct 2008 - Page 2 DSC01049

My Darling Jack: 16 Jan 2006- 10 Oct 2008 - Page 2 DSC01048

Jack's final resting place Sad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:21 am

Thank you Jane and March Hare...

And thank you Charlotte for posting photos. It really is just perfect.
x
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:59 am

Hi everyone, Mr B here. Helen has popped out so just wanted to say a few words.

Thank you all so much for your kindness to Helen and Charlotte over the last couple of weeks. It has been an incredibly difficult time and I know they look to the forum for support. They have both been in agony having to make a terrible decision, but at least Jack is not suffering any more.

I know some of you may have partners who don't really "get it" about rabbits, or maybe about animals in general. I don't profess to be a rabbit-lover, but I know how much they mean to Helen and that is all that matters. It doesn't matter if your other half thinks they are "just rabbits" - it's what they mean to you which is important. So I am there to support her... give her as many hugs as she wants (even when she says she doesn't)... and let her know that it is not stupid to cry over the loss of a loved one.

I said I was not a rabbit lover. I'm not, really. But Charlie and Jack really captured my heart (I never really got to know Bri as I was away for 6 months). I know how much Charlie and Jack meant to H during Uni - they kept her going when she was down, lonely, stressed or just needing a hug without judgement.

She was so careful when she got Jack - she wanted to give Charlie some company, so picked out Jack with special care. Which makes it kinda surprising when "Jack" actually turned out to be a girl Smile I know, I know, it's not that easy to tell.

I will never forget that day. Helen phoned me to "sound me out" about getting a second rabbit, as obviously we were getting married in 6 months and would be setting up home. She said she was at the pet shop and wanted to get Charlie some company. I was non-committal and said that obviously they were her pets, and if she wanted to get a second rabbit then it was up to her.

Right answer. Because little did I know, but little Jack was already halfway home - Helen having purchased her ten minutes prior to the phone call Smile

Ah well, I never had any reason to regret it. Jack was a beautiful little thing, so small yet feisty. I will never forget sitting in the living room when I heard a "THUD!" and saw a grey blur in the hallway. Turned out Jack had just taken up BASE jumping. For her first attempt, she decided to leap off mum's shoulder, clear over the upstairs bannister and land on the bottom step of the stairs, before sliding across the floor.

I ran out into the hallway to see a slightly shaken-but-not-stirred Jack, looking up at me as if to say: "What?" Smile

I measured it later. How a tiny little thing like Jack could survive a 12ft drop is beyond me. But she didn't just survive, she merely limped for a week or so. That was it.

When we moved house and had a nice sized garden, we were able to rabbit-proof the whole thing and let them run riot (sorry, run loose) for hours at a time. She was so adventurous, checking out the garage, making a break for the gate when it was left open, trying to squeeze through the slightest gaps.

It was like watching Chicken Run with rabbits. I would walk out to see them and they would be standing around, innocently whistling and looking up in the air, hoping I wouldn't notice their latest escape tunnel.

When next door got kittens, we decided to introduce them all early. Needn't have worried; far from being intimidated, Charlie would just hop up to them and say "Hello! Wanna play?" at which point the kittens would leg it. As their stalking skills developed, the kittens would regularly stalk Jack as she was smaller. But they didn't quite know what to do when they got there. They would creep closer and closer, then waggle the bum, one leg in the air... and leap.

They would stop just short of Jack's rear, kinda unsure what was supposed to happen next. Must have confused the hell out of them when Jack just looked round, sniffed them disdainfully, then carried on chomping on whatever tasty bit of lawn she had discovered. Poor kittens must have been so confused at the behaviour of a supposed "prey" animal! Shocked

I laughed with Helen when we recalled Jack's attempt to win over my dad. He is very house proud and wouldn't own pets, due to the hair etc. So as they sat in our living room watching the rabbits frolic, Jack decided to demonstrate precisely why there are pet-owners and non-pet-owners. She put on a little demo which she liked to call "flick your back legs up in the air and spray pi*s all over the nice white rug." the look on my dad's face was a picture; not sure he believed our claims that she had never done it before.

I will miss her - not as much as H, but enough to reduce me to floods of tears twice since Friday. We are looking through nice pictures of her and will get some framed, and maybe get a painting done.

Charlotte, please don't feel bad. We could not have left her in better hands and we know you loved her like your own. Looking after our rabbits while we moved away is one of the kindest things a person could do. We both love you to bits and are sorry you've been put through it. We know you loved Jack too and our hearts go out to you. It's been harder on you than anyone - including Helen - because you feel guilty about her dying on your watch.

Well, there is no reason to feel guilt. Rabbits get sick and sometimes they die. You did absolutely everything you could for her - I know, I remember chatting to you online at 3am when you were up steaming her airways. We both hope you feel a bit better as the days go on. Any time you want a chat, just say and we will call. It meant everything to have someone who cared so much with Jack when the time finally came. The flowers were just a small gesture to say a very heartfelt "thank you".

Sorry to have rambled everybody. I don't post on here very often - well, not at all actually. Sorry to have hijacked Helen's ID but I was just reading through the threads again while she was out and started welling up again. Damn, got something in my eye Sad

Please don't take it out on your other halves if they don't "get it". Just ask them to understand that they don't have to love the rabbits, but they should realise that they mean the world to you. And if something means that much to you, even if they don't understand it, then they should respect it and give you hugs and support whenever you want it.

Right, I'm signing off now. Need a tissue and a hug. Please don't tell anyone, I'm in the Army. not supposed to blub like a big girl No

Steve
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:34 am

Mr B I am in floods here, you are a wonderful individual. What a beautiful, heartfelt post. I love a big softie!

The posts about Jack had me sobbing but with happy thoughts. She was such a character, for a little lady. I loved her dearly despite the copious amounts of times she would not be caught at bed time, or ran off when I wanted a cuddle lol! I can't stress enough that there is no need to thank me x

I only knew her a short time and in that time she captured my heart. I just so wanted to get all 3 through the 2 and a half years and hand them back over at the end! Just to see the look on your faces when you were reunited!

OH doesn't understand but he does try. He just had a real gift to say the wrong thing at the wrong time and ignite my temper. Luckily he would never say "it is just a rabbit". Ironically if it had been Charlie, I know we would have seen big tears from him.

Its so hard, I still I hear her breathing. I am still waking in the night thinking I need ton get up and steam her. I miss her so much.

Thankyou once again for the flowers and phone calls. I love you guys soooo much xxxxxxx Come home soon xxxxxxxxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by angelmouse Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:57 am

Binky free Jack,
Helen, Charlotte and Steve, I'm so sorry, xxx Crying or Very sad
angelmouse
angelmouse
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 235

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:38 am

What a loved little treasure she was, I still remember the first time I saw her in those stunning photos, and you just couldn't help but sigh and aww. She'll be very missed by us all Helen, sleep tight Jack xx
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:04 pm

Got as far as Sooz's beautiful poem and had to just post and stop reading. Helen I am posting this late because I have only just found out. I am so sorry that I missed being able to comfort you when it happened. I am devastated for the dilemma that you and Charlotte had to deal with. You both managed so well and Charlotte has been a wonderful friend. If you buns had gone to a stranger you would never have known how well they were being treated or if they were having problems. Although it hurts like hell to lose her, you know that Charlotte did EVERYTHING that she could and was a proxy you in the UK. Neither of you have anything to reproach yourselves for and deserve all the praise going for sticking with it and then making the right, although upsetting, decision.

Hugs to you both and binky free little one, now you are free from pain and discomfort.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:51 pm

Aww Steve what a lovely post to have made.

Phil dosn't pretend to understand the rabbits but he likes them enough to feel upset if they don't appear to return the favour and he totally understands what they mean to me....hence the gentle morning wakings when he quietly and solemnly tells me one of the hasn't survived the night, and then sits with me & gives me a hug whilst I dry my tears.

It helps just to have someone who understands and of course with HH none of us are ever without that comfort.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:55 pm

Thanks Nickie. You really must read Mr B's post at the top of this page if nothing else.

You guys have been such a help with all your kind words. What would I do without my bunny forum? :luv:
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber & Noel Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:05 pm

Helen,Charlotte & Mr B

I am so sorry to hear about Jack.

All I can say is heaven has another angel.

Amy xxx
Amber & Noel
Amber & Noel
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next