Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angel comes home today from being spayed, any top tips?

3 posters

Go down

Angel comes home today from being spayed, any top tips? Empty Angel comes home today from being spayed, any top tips?

Post by senatorvass Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:45 pm

title says it all really! Smile
xxxx

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Angel comes home today from being spayed, any top tips? Empty Re: Angel comes home today from being spayed, any top tips?

Post by NickieM Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:09 pm

Try to get her eating and thus pooping as soon as possible. Put in her favourite greens, hay etc., to tempt her.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Angel comes home today from being spayed, any top tips? Empty Re: Angel comes home today from being spayed, any top tips?

Post by racheld69 Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:19 pm

yes, get her eating etc.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:30 pm

have given her a lot of her very favourite foods. pear, savoy cabbage, ready grass, pellets, water. I just checked on her and she is absolutely conked out asleep all stretched out.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:30 pm

I havent checked poos yet though thank you I will! Smile

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:34 pm

looks like she hasnt eaten or done a poo since 5 tonight when she arrived home from vets - but they warned us she would be very groggy. They had several emergencies today so they ended up operating on her much later in the day than planned hence she had less time to gradually wake up at vets before she came home than they would have liked. They even took £20 off the bill! Shocked

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:18 pm

When she comes round a bit more, you can wave greens in her face and pester her. She might then take a bite of them and eat some. You just need to get her eating and her digestive system going, but it is early days just yet and the GA will still be in her system.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:27 pm

Thanks Smile She still hasnt eaten. I am trying not to worry. I will keep pestering her!

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:57 am

How is she this morning? When Holly and Gloria were spayed, they tended to sit in their hutch very quietly once they had recovered from the GA. I kept them quiet and put in dandelions (it was summer both times) and left them right by them so they didn't have to stretch.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:39 pm

She is sitting quietly. Has eaten about 4 or 5 grapes and some broccoli but that's it.

One thing I wanted to ask you about is we went out today & when we got home we found A LOT of her fur had been pulled out and was in the cage sort of next to her. Is this a normal thing for a just spayed doe to do?

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:48 am

Mine never did that. It might be the effect of her coming down from the GA. Maybe she was itchy or hot. I wouldn't worry because it is probably nothing. Maybe try to have a look at the wound site to check she hasn't been biting there. Holly and Gloria had internal stitched and were 'glued' shut. They didn't bite their wound, but some do. She might not want you to take a look, so if she doesn't want you to, just leave it. I tried to lift them up by their front paws and look at their bellies that way. But it depends whether they will cooperate.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum