Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People with Small Gardens - Please help!!

4 posters

Go down

People with Small Gardens - Please help!! Empty People with Small Gardens - Please help!!

Post by Becki Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:56 pm

I am seriously at risk of going insane, I'm dreaming rabbit hutches!! The problem is, I have possibly the worlds smallest garden - and two single outdoor rabbits. I have exhausted every single method of keeping them happy (at a HUGE financial cost Crying or Very sad), buying & trying everything 'housing' I can think of - and Im now all out of ideas. Can anyone recommend the best way to use space? Other people MUST have little gardens?! Hissy
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

People with Small Gardens - Please help!! Empty Re: People with Small Gardens - Please help!!

Post by Catsknickers Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:58 am

I have a tiny garden. I find stacking hutches is a good idea, and allowing them seperate play time in runs......What are the dimensions hun?
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

People with Small Gardens - Please help!! Empty Re: People with Small Gardens - Please help!!

Post by Becki Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:00 pm

So Glad you replied Charlotte, I thought I remembered you saying about having a small garden. Does seperate playtime work? I think im just going to have to accept that perfection doesnt exist!
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by holidayhutch Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:52 am

Have you got a pic of your garden and some dimensions Becki. I'm sure between us all we can come up with something that might work

holidayhutch
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Tue May 25, 2010 5:20 am

I realise this thread is a little dated now, but I wanted to reply as we had the same problem. I ended up building my own hutch using these rabbit hutch plans.

I know some will say the hutch part is too small, but the bunnies love running up and down the ramp, and there is plenty of room for them to stretch and hop around in the run. The way the hutch is elevated off the ground is great as they love to sit under there on hot or wet days.

Having wheels on the hutch means we can easily move it around into tight spaces on our relatively small (pesticide free) lawn. That way they get fresh grass all the time.

I think if space is a problem a compact, movable hutch/run like this is the way to go. And you can’t beat the satisfaction of building it yourself. The plans are pretty easy to follow and you could probably modify them if you wanted to make the hutch or run larger.

M

mike
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum