Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gardens and hutches, bout the same cost

5 posters

Go down

Gardens and hutches, bout the same cost Empty Gardens and hutches, bout the same cost

Post by 4390evans Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:01 pm

you know, Ive been thinking people go out spending loads on hutches and it would be cheaper spending the money on bunny proofing the garden and getting them a little bolt/sleep hole.

The girls's house is open day and night unless the boys are out and most of them sleep outside in the bushes or snuggled to the side of the fence, there is only 3 that actually go back in to sleep. I dunno if this is right or wrong but mine seem content with the freedom they have. There is loads of places for them to hide or kip if they wanted to be on there lonsome.

What do you recon ??
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Gardens and hutches, bout the same cost Empty Re: Gardens and hutches, bout the same cost

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:02 pm

The issue is one of safety. Whilst the buns may not be able to get out what else can get in. Mine have free run in the garden but only when I am home and can be watching them. There have been loads of stories where buns have been taken from gardens by birds of prey, urban foxes, stray dogs etc. I would even worry about seagulls.

Back to top Go down

Gardens and hutches, bout the same cost Empty Re: Gardens and hutches, bout the same cost

Post by 4390evans Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:06 pm

yeah our main worry is rats as they are the only things getting in, there is always one of us in as my partner works from home and the house is all open down stairs so we can see right the way through the house and garden.
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Oh I have to have house bunnies, I am the type of person that worries about everything (my Mum was the same) and I'd worry myself stupid if I had them outside.
We have a boarding shed but it has a good quality lock on and is locked every night and we have security lights front and back that come on if anyone gets over the fence at the back or comes down our drive at night.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:32 pm

I wouldnt be happy without knowing they are all inside and are safe. I think it is really really important that the garden is bunny proofed anyway if they are outside at any time.

I think it would be best to pop them all inside at night and then let them out if they wish to go in the morning.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:57 pm

Mine have free range but only when i'm home Very Happy
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate7590 Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:13 pm

Mine have a big shed which is opened in the morning and shut at night, they have their own garden which is just a strip fenced off across the width of our garden Smile
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down