Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eating vibes for Ruby please -UPD She's had carrot tops

+2
Bunbuns
ThumpersDad
6 posters

Go down

Eating vibes for Ruby please -UPD She's had carrot tops Empty Eating vibes for Ruby please -UPD She's had carrot tops

Post by ThumpersDad Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:59 am

Hi

Ruby has decided not to eat this morning, we will be giving her all her favourites but some vibes will help a lot

ThumpersDad

Last edited by ThumpersDad on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated info)

ThumpersDad
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Eating vibes for Ruby please -UPD She's had carrot tops Empty Re: Eating vibes for Ruby please -UPD She's had carrot tops

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:32 am

Oh dear Sad

Has she poo'd overnight ? If not and she is still refusing food I would pop her along to the Vet. The sooner a Bun is treated for any condition causing reduced gut motility the better.
Meantime getting as much water into her as possible will help. A Bun starts to absorb water from their gut contents when the guts stop working. This can lead to the risk of a clump of dehydrated ingesta forming a blockage. So a good water intake will keep the gut contents well hydrated.

Please keep us posted and sending Ruby vibes !!

Janex

Back to top Go down

Eating vibes for Ruby please -UPD She's had carrot tops Empty Re: Eating vibes for Ruby please -UPD She's had carrot tops

Post by Bunbuns Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:05 am

Sending lots of vibes for Ruby.

Hope she picks up soon xxx
Bunbuns
Bunbuns
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:57 am

Lots of eating and pooping vibes xxxxxxxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by thumpersmum Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:01 pm

Thanks everyone, the vibes are working.

I managed to get some carrot tops and they seem to have done the trick and got her taste buds working. She seems a bit subdued but we have eating, and I think we have poo too Very Happy Very Happy (There are some smaller one in the litter tray so I assume they are hers, a bit smaller than usual, but definitely there).

Thanks for the advice Jane, She lives with Thumper so it's difficult to be sure, but I think she did poo overnight, just smaller ones than normal.

I'm keeping an eye on her still just to be sure. I wont be happ til I see her poo Rolling Eyes

(I cannot believe how POO can play such a big part in my life since I had rabbits Laughing Laughing)

thumpersmum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:13 pm

thumpersmum wrote:Thanks everyone, the vibes are working.

I managed to get some carrot tops and they seem to have done the trick and got her taste buds working. She seems a bit subdued but we have eating, and I think we have poo too Very Happy Very Happy (There are some smaller one in the litter tray so I assume they are hers, a bit smaller than usual, but definitely there).

Thanks for the advice Jane, She lives with Thumper so it's difficult to be sure, but I think she did poo overnight, just smaller ones than normal.

I'm keeping an eye on her still just to be sure. I wont be happ til I see her poo Rolling Eyes

(I cannot believe how POO can play such a big part in my life since I had rabbits Laughing Laughing)

Glad she is eating now. Small poo is a sign that gut motility is slow and this is usually secondary to another problem such as a lack of hay/grass intake due to the Bun have tooth 'issues' So if her poo remains small and if she is a poor hay/grass eater it would be a good idea to get your Vet to check Buns teeth. Catching a Dental problem early can prevent lots of more serious problems in the future.

Hopefully this episode is a one-off but I'd certainly maintain a poo watch !! Very Happy

Janex

Back to top Go down

Post by thumpersmum Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:22 pm

Sorry for taking so long to update. Ruby is absolutely fine now. Poo's are all normal and good colour too so I'm taking a more back seat as cheif rabbit poo checker!!! Laughing Laughing

Thanks for the info Jane, Thumper is a dental bun and has to have his teeth checked every 6-8 weeks so I usually get Ruby's checked at the same time, just in case. So far her teeth are fine.

thumpersmum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1212

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:49 pm

Thumbs Up glad she is ok!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:25 pm

Awwwwwww missed this thread, sorry Embarassed , hope she's OK now Lynne, please let me know if there is anything I can do
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Faunus Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:16 pm

I'm glad she is OK now. Smile
Faunus
Faunus
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.bmdshare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down