Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Needed UD Happening again:(

+4
Rosie Rabbit
SarahJane
Jay
Kirsty&Lola
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Help Needed UD Happening again:( - Page 2 Empty Re: Help Needed UD Happening again:(

Post by Kirsty&Lola Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:30 pm

she only had 2 ml of metacam when she stopped eating and none since. She snaffles her food (i feel mugged at breakfast time!) all the time. The only time she's off her food is when her nose is a little bunged up pale she's shown no further signs since but is now on Baytril twice a day.
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Help Needed UD Happening again:( - Page 2 Empty Re: Help Needed UD Happening again:(

Post by Jay Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:36 pm

I don't have any teeth experience, so couldn't say if it may be teeth or not, but if it is, I would've expected less eating - is she being selective about her food at all?

You should ask Theo about it, she had a bun with blocked nose issues, John Chitty saw her, and it wasn't anything to do with teeth, but I can't remember exactly what the diagnosis was now.
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsty&Lola Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:57 pm

cheers Jay i will drop Theo a message soon as i really do think it is related to her breathing rather than teeth. she will eat anything i put in front of her most of the time..hay, pellets, greens, etc but on the off days it's like she wants to eat but can't be bothered with it. Trust me to get a strange one Smile
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:54 pm

Hiya Wave , yes my gorgeous Andy (Son) and Enzo (Mother) had those symptoms, Andy was the worst, I took them both to see John Chitty who was utterly brilliant, he diagnosed Enzo as having tooth root problems as well as arthritis in her neck, Andy was diagnosed with Frontal Sinusitis and had his nose drilled to relieve the pressure and the muck and gunk, he was OK for a few months and then he appeared to get used to his medication and he went backwards, we have tried many other things and the latest medication, Streptocare, has by far had the best results, both Andy and Enzo have improved so much since being on this medication, I have some pictures of their xrays somewhere, if I find them then I will post them, I agree with the others that it is not always teeth probems
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:52 am

Here we go

Enzo's Tooth Root Problems

Help Needed UD Happening again:( - Page 2 DSCN6866

Enzo's Athritis in her Neck

Help Needed UD Happening again:( - Page 2 DSCN6867

Andy's Frontal Sinusitis

Help Needed UD Happening again:( - Page 2 DSCN6865

Andy having the operation

Help Needed UD Happening again:( - Page 2 DSCN6852x2

Help Needed UD Happening again:( - Page 2 DSCN6855x2
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsty&Lola Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:51 am

thanks Snowy, that was really helpful. I will be storing the info for our next vet visit. hattie seems completely fine again now but she is having baytril twice a day for the foreseeable future.
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2