Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biting the sofa and my clothes and me by accident!!!

4 posters

Go down

Biting the sofa and my clothes and me by accident!!! Empty Biting the sofa and my clothes and me by accident!!!

Post by Vince the bunny Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Hiya

I wonder if someone can advise me on what to do about this?

Vince loves to chew the sofa and the covers/cushions so when he has sofa time we put a box with an old teatowel in it for him to chew at. He does like his box and towel (see photo shoot thread) but now he has started nibbling my clothes and sometimes he nips me by accident Shocked He has also nipped my 3 year old by accident also chewing clothes. I don't feel that he is biting us as he doesn't do it to bare skin, just fabric. I don't want to have to strip off naked everytime Vince has cuddles on the sofa ( Laughing ) so what can I do?

Thanks!
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Biting the sofa and my clothes and me by accident!!! Empty Re: Biting the sofa and my clothes and me by accident!!!

Post by Snowy Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Give him loads of fresh hay, wooden toys to chew and empty cardboard boxes to play in and chew, I wouldn't let him chew towels or anything fabric because it could cause a blockage in his gut,
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Biting the sofa and my clothes and me by accident!!! Empty Re: Biting the sofa and my clothes and me by accident!!!

Post by NSD Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:09 am

Hi Wave

Josephine used to do that when she'd be sitting in my lap, she's occasionally turn around and try to bite my clothes, which usually would end up in her nipping my skin! I would shriek loudly, tell her "no", and put her back in her room.

She's stopped doing it over time because she realised she gets put away in her "boring" room if she does. Do you yell when he does it?
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:59 pm

Oh yes I do yell as he takes me by suprise! Perhaps I need to be a bit firmer when he nibbles the sofa. I put a cardboard box on the sofa for him to chew at which he does.

I'll remove the towel from it though as i didn't realsie it could block his gut, I didn't think he would swallow it, thanks for pointing that out.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:13 pm

Daisy used to do this to us and we were forever putting something on to find it had bunny nibble holes in it.

He did grow out of it though!

I think that being firm with him each time he does it is the way to go.

Daisy definately gave up once he understood it was naughty.

The box is a fantastic idea!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down