Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who are you bonded with the most?

+5
LilyGrace
KatieB
Velvet.Tears
NickieM
Indie22
9 posters

Go down

Who are you bonded with the most? Empty Who are you bonded with the most?

Post by Indie22 Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:00 pm

Its not a who is your favourite thread, more like who have you the strongest bond with. I love all my rabbits for all their own things but is there one which you have a different relationship with. Also a good place to write a bit about what you love most about each rabbit. Silly thread but people can see just how rabbits differ. Oh and cause im bored with my "mahoosive saturday night social life at 19".

My biggest bond is with Indie a blue lion lop, not because she was my first rabbit but she is very like me and my horse I lost in 07 (rose). Shes not cuddly or too loving infront of other rabbits but theres a side to her that people dont see. She can be affectionate if no one is looking. She knows exactly the right time to approach and sit near by as if to say im here for you but its not cool. lol. My horse was my everything but would grump, shake her head and could be soooo moody but as soon as it was just you and her she would hug, kiss, follow you, play games with you and had ultimate trust. I call Indie my little rose.

Dylan, I love him because hes the little protector of the group, he lets the girls think they are in charge until a real decision needs to be made, keeps the safe and out of trouble but is very sensitive to emotions.

Cookie, is very affectionate, washes, hugs and if you sit down will climb up, jump on your shoulder or under you chin. Takes care of everyone.

Peanut, I love her because shes the trouble maker, if theres something to get in/on/under, chew, break or steal she starts it and I think its hilarious how she thinks shes too cool for hugs.

Jeff, I love his intelligence, quirky personality the fact he interatcs very closely with me and is also cheeky.

Nougat, Shes very quiet but she wants to love everyone even though it doesnt always end well, she wants to be affectionate but not sure how. I love her looks and her playfullness.

Samson, I dont have much bond with samson, he used to be mummys boy but since maturing hes rather grumpy with people, grunting and diving on you so hes mainly nougats companion.

Saphie, I have a strong bond with her too shes extremely affectionate, huffing if she misses her 10+ bed time kisses, shes amazingly pretty and very sensitive.

Zack, She is very cute, affectionate and very cheeky. Im not going to claim she has a lot of brains but loves me back none the less.

Your turn to appreciate your bunnys individuality.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2010-03-08

http://www.eladonnsreptiles.com

Back to top Go down

Who are you bonded with the most? Empty Re: Who are you bonded with the most?

Post by NickieM Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:59 pm

I agree that they have very definite personalities, but they are subtle so you need to study your bun before you notice them.

Gloria was the bun that I think I had the greatest rapport with. Sadly, it was something that I only realised lately and now she has gone to the bridge. She was feisty but easily frightened. She was a bunny of contradictions and that made her all the more special.

Wolfie is an big bun in a little bun's body. He is pugnacious and grumpy and VERY territorial. He is missing Gloria's company, but generally doesn't like other rabbits. I am hoping to bond him and Felix, but things are a bit dicey.

Felix is a great big flump of a bunny. He is very very submissive, but can be a very cheeky guy. He adores nose rubs and will come up and assume the nose rub position whenever he sees you. I don't know his history, but don't think that he has been with another rabbit and is a bit confused about what to do.

NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:47 am

Aaw felix sounds nice. Sorry to hear about the first bun. I think this is a good way for new rabbit owners to see that they are all different and have their own needs.

My dad fixed my shed light and put a whole new one in yesterday and indie who is scared of strangers took a shine to him following him round and pulling at his jeans. The funny thing is I know hes been speaking to them all cause no one was around, he likes them a lot more than he lets on.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:58 am

This could take me a while.

My strongest bond is with Paris. I got her 2 months after my nan died for company as nobody was around for me I was left to grieve on my own, not through choice that is just how it was and I wanted a companion. I got some money for my birthday and went to P@H to look at the rabbits and I saw Paris and fell for her instantly when I picked her up she didn't struggle she just embraced me. I took her home and for many months she was a huge comfort to me. If I cried she used to come up to me and cuddle me, nuzzling her nose into my neck. She still comforts me now, she knows when i'm upset and whenever she is out of her cage she doesn't want to run around she just wants to cuddle up to me.

Holly is just so funny. She is a very stubborn and stroppy rabbit but I wouldn't have her any other way. She was adopted, beforehand she was mistreated and I saw her and she looked so sad so i decided to get her and i just love how stubborn she is.

I have 6 other bunnies to go on about and it would take me forvever so I just did my first 2.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:33 pm

They can be so sensitive eh, mine are outdoors in their shed so they dont have as much contact but theres 2 or 3 that know when your just not right.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:36 pm

I only have the boy.......But I think I may be closer to him than my hubby! Laughing Laughing Laughing

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:34 pm

Oh this is a nice topic to discuss Smile hearing everyones rabbits different personality's, shows how varying they are! hehe
I think I may be more bonded to Luna only because she was my first rabbit and we can have a good cuddle! She is a stroppy moo sometimes and sulks when I've been out at work all day or something. She has a big sweet tooth too and loves her treats that are not very good for her! She likes lying down on the sofa with us and watching t.v Smile

Thistle-Twayblade is a simple little chap...he doesn't like cuddles or being picked up...but you can poke and stroke him anywhere and he doesn't care...u can even fiddle with his tail and he doesnt mind ^_^ and tickle his chin where as Luna hates these places being touched.
He's a bit of a silly boy as when he is running around he ALWAYS bangs his head on things...runs into doors or falls off something. He is so clumsy, I think all the bangs to his head have made him simple...but anyway he seems happy with jst about anything and I caught him trying to binky in his cage the other day which was funny Laughing

Love
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:02 pm

Thistle-Twayblad sounds very much like zack, she does all the same things.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Katieb wrote:I only have the boy.......But I think I may be closer to him than my hubby! Who are you bonded with the most? 811805 Who are you bonded with the most? 811805 Who are you bonded with the most? 811805

Who are you bonded with the most? 497430 Who are you bonded with the most? 497430 Who are you bonded with the most? 497430 this made me laugh!!!

Vince has a special place in my heart, he was my first bunny, I can't cuddle him and neither can I have him in the house cos he chews EVERYTHING, but he loves to be stroked and tickled and seems to enjoy the attention I give him.
Faline and Hazel were company for Vince, Faline won't let me touch her but when I do pick her up she will allow me to cuddle her long enough to be put on the lawn for a run. Hazel is top cuddle bunny, a very squidgy and soft rex. The girls don't seem to have the charector Vince does. Perhaps if they were indoor buns I'd see more of their personalities. The first night I bought Vince home, he kicked his legs out and flopped on the sofa next to me (the days before he realised he could jump onto the floor Who are you bonded with the most? 811805 )

Then there is Rosie, the new bun. She never quite made it outside with the others and has turned into a house bun. Who are you bonded with the most? 497709 What a revelation it has been having a rabbit in the house! What personality they have! Within 5 days she has gone from a skitty rabbit to actually coming up to me when I call her to come play on the sofa! She is like Vince in the fact she loved strokes and nose rubs, and like Hazel in the fact she is cuddly. She has even started grooming me which is totally new to me.

But, for me, it's my Vincey babes, don't know why. I love all my buns but he was my first and he's the only boy Who are you bonded with the most? 317363
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by becky Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:18 pm

Ahh this is such a lovely thread Love Its great to hear about all their different personalities

My two are the complete opposite of each other! Trip likes to sit close by and will follow you if you leave the room, Scarlett will just ignore you. Trip loves attention and will just sit there waiting for his massage and then just lay there for hours, Scarlett will come over for one if you call her but starts getting bored after about five or ten minutes and will just get up and go find something more interesting to do. He likes being cuddled but she isn't really interested. She loves playing in the garden but he will just sit by the door waiting to be let in the whole time they are out, when they are playing inside he is loving it and she is hammering at the catflap trying to get out Rolling Eyes Trip is very laid back, and Scarlett is a total nutter Laughing She races round until she hits something then just carries on. She is a lot more independent than Trip, and my smartest bunny by far. And she is really funny, I watch her sometimes thinking what are you trying to do!

I think my bond with them both is about the same, Trip's more affectionate but I do other things with Scarlett instead so its definitely not all about cuddles Laughing x

becky
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2714
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:24 pm

Lurving this thread. I had an incredible bond with my first ever bunny Bugsy. We would even cuddle up together an nap. God that makes me realise how much I miss him.

Princess Caramel and I also had a huge bond as many of you will know. She was definately mummy's little lady.

Now I am really close to my trio. It is harder cos they are outdoors now, but they are so fussy and so pleased to see me when I get in from work and go out there. Bella is mummy's big lady, Chancey or my Flump as I call him, is my special old man and Ratty is my affable scoundrel!

My other two bunnies, Lily and Sandy are aloof, but I still love them loads.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:38 pm

I wish I could have house buns but id be too scared what they destroyed. When I move out if I have a spare room I will laminate it and use it for nothing but the buns.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:44 am

Bonds with Bunnies are unique, I've never experienced anything quite like what I had with Bertie Smile
It's lovely to hear all these stories and personalities Love
Indie22 wrote:I wish I could have house buns but id be too scared what they destroyed. When I move out if I have a spare room I will laminate it and use it for nothing but the buns.
They do calm down, it's not a constant destruction and you can take measures to reduce it. laminate flooring generally isn't a good idea, it's slippy and can cause back and leg problems from buns trying to get a grip, old carpet is a better option Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:52 am

Sorry I should have said Id put rugs and stuff down its just at least laminate would stop pee being soaked in and causing a smell coz mines arnt litter trained, well some are.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down