Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rosie escaped!!!!!

+2
LilyGrace
Vince the bunny
6 posters

Go down

Rosie escaped!!!!! Empty Rosie escaped!!!!!

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:04 pm

Another heart in the mouth moment today! Rosie slipped past when I was securing the pet house to the outdoor trixie run on the grass. She had a proper good explore of the garden, but with sooooooooooo many holes in the fencing around the garden (due to foxes) I was so worried she was going to disappear into the woods. I was gently calling her as not to panic her, but luckily she headed back to the pen and I managed to let her back in. PHEW!!!!!!!!!! I'd have been gutted if I'd lost her, she wouldn't last 5 mins with the number of foxes in my area. But, it was lovely to see her hopping free range around the garden, if only she could do that safely. Makes you realise how much you love 'em when you think you're about to lose them, my cheeky little Rosie posie Rosie escaped!!!!! 913859
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Rosie escaped!!!!! Empty Re: Rosie escaped!!!!!

Post by LilyGrace Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:02 pm

Oh dear!! Glad she came back the naughty minx Laughing Bet that gave you an awful fright
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:03 pm

Yes it did! The same when Vince slipped past me. They look all fat and fluffy but really they are scrawny and can fit through the smallest of gaps!
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:06 pm

Hah I always think "luna can't fit through that gap in the door" then off she goes to destroy the carpet in the bathroom!! Can't describe what it looks like behind my wash bin ahah, bloomin awful Laughing They can squeeze through anything it seems
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:25 am

It's surprising how often that happens! I'm so glad she came back Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Grin Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:10 pm

Lol! I'm sooo glad she came back!!

I had a bad moment with Lucky once. He lives in the outhouse attached to the kitchen and i went through there to get out the back - he must have followed me but i didnt see him sneak past. Anyway, i came in, locked up and went into the kitchen (also locking the door to the outhouse). I was pottering about in the kitchen and heard a knocking noise out the back - i went out and it was Lucky looking sad! He was cross i'd locked him out the back garden!! Shocked I'm so glad he came back! Our garden is open and he could have gone for good! Shocked

Now i tripple check every time! Laughing
Grin
Grin
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Ours made a habit of escaping last winter when there was lots of snow in their compound. The weight of the snow had bowed the fence and they just climbed out. It was a nightmare as we discovered it at night and had to get torches out to find two white rabbits in a snowy garden. My husband was NOT happy with then. Caught them pretty quickly.

They escaped about four times on consecutive days and were confined to barracks for the rest of the week until the weekend when I could repair the fence and find how they were getting out!!!

It is a the most awful moment when you can't find them and realise they have got out. So glad that Rosie came back and you caught her.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:54 pm

So glad she came back hun, blimey your heart must have stopped....little monster!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down