Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vince escaped.......

+2
NickieM
Vince the bunny
6 posters

Go down

Vince escaped....... Empty Vince escaped.......

Post by Vince the bunny Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:28 am

but luckily he came back, phew.

I was cleaning out the hutch and Vince is always investigating what I'm up to, he sometimes trys to hop past me but I always guide him back into the hutch. Well this morning he managed to sneak past me and I closed the door without realising he was out! I was sweeping down the patio and he merrily hopped past me and went under the fence into nextdoors garden! I honestly thought he was gone for good and I felt like crying as there are so many foxes in our area, he wouldn't last five minutes.
I was calling and calling his name and thank god he hopped back. But I'd closed the hutch door to stop the other two getting out, so he looked at the closed dor and hopped past me again into nextdoors garden! Vince doesn't like being picked up so I figured if I made a grab for hom he's run for sure. Luckily he came back to me again when I called him and I guided him back through the open hutch door and now he is safe with Faline and Hazel.
Phew!! I felt utterly gutted for those moments when he dissapeared under the fence, I'd be so upset if I lost my Vince Crying or Very sad He is such a cheeky chappy Vince escaped....... 317363
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Vince escaped....... Empty Re: Vince escaped.......

Post by NickieM Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:56 am

My two were always getting out but they usually stayed in the garden and would be caught fairly quickly. They aren't stupid and they know that they get their food from you so generally don't disappear but it is such a worry.

So glad that Vince knows on which side his bread is buttered and is back under lock and key. However, now he has experienced that outside bit, you might find he fancies it again. Laughing Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:21 am

Vince is always trying to dodge past me! He's very patient though and doesn't get annoyed with me pushing him back in! The girls on the other hand stamp their feet at me if they don't want to be touched.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:23 am

Wow - thats a close call. The little monkey! I bet your heart nearly stopped!

Thank goodness he came back.....he knows where he is best off!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:44 am

It is one of those moments when your heart goes into your mouth isn't it. Thank goodness he is back safe. Monkey. Racheld69 on here, has a wildie that escaped and Rachel was frantic, but the incredible thing is, he came back and tried to get back in the run with his old pal Barney. They know which side their bread is buttered. Thumbs Up
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:42 pm

awww thats so sweet that he comeback when u called him. Glad he comeback can't bear to think how u felt
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:56 pm

I know I shouldn't have favourites but he is my golden boy Vince escaped....... 317363 I'd have been gutted if a fox had have got him, there are so many around as we live on the back of a woods and they frequently trot up and down the road.

There was some poo by the run this morning and DH has just told me it's fox poo. They were right outside the run. I'm so glad I invested in a proper metal cage bar type of hutch and run as opposed to the mesh type wire.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:02 pm

If my buns were outside i'd never get any sleep
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:29 pm

Pheww! Glad he came back, I remember when I had gunea pigs when I was younger that always used to happen but luckily we could get into the neighbours garden and catch them.
Good job he knows where he gets his yum yums from and where his two wifeys are Razz....surely no man would give up free food and two ladys!! Laughing
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:43 pm

Vince the bunny wrote:I know I shouldn't have favourites but he is my golden boy Vince escaped....... 317363

There was some poo by the run this morning and DH has just told me it's fox poo. They were right outside the run. I'm so glad I invested in a proper metal cage bar type of hutch and run as opposed to the mesh type wire.

OMG there was Fox Poo by the Run? That is really Scary!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:14 pm

Yeah I know, the foxes can't get in so the only risk is that the buns die of fright. Saying that, they have all been out there for months now and seem a hardy bunch. On bonfire night it was Rosie who was unsettled, the outdoor buns just carried on with their normal activity. Mind you, they do have to put up with clumsy old me clattering about and dropping stuff all the time!
The foxes though, well I was suprised to find fox poo right outside the hutch. They are only exposed on the near side,the rest of the run has plastic panels, taupaulin and the trixie run on or adjacent to it. It's just the gap between the piggies and the buns that is open.
The foxes though come into the garden during daytime too so I can't keep it covered up 24/7 else the buns would never see daylight!
DH said that the foxes would have had them by now if there was a weakness in the set up, so although shocked to find fox pooo, I do feel happy that the buns are safe inside.
Don't think DH would go for 4 house bunnies that chew poo and wee everywhere!
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down