Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making them work for their pellets!

+4
Jay
KatieB
LilyGrace
NSD
8 posters

Go down

Making them work for their pellets! Empty Making them work for their pellets!

Post by NSD Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:25 am

I decided to try something different today. I used one of the buns' old litter trays, cleaned it out, and put shredded paper in it that I found in a store. I got their attention by making "treat" sounds. They both rushed over and I gave them one pellet each. Then I sprinkled a small handful of pellets into the shredded paper. They went nuts! They've now spent half an hour searching and digging trying to find any left over pellets (the little pigs Very Happy).

It's kept them entertained (and piggishly focused on treats) and I'm glad to see Bruce being a bit more active. Recently when I've let them into the garden Bruce just takes a nap under a bush while Josephine hops around and explores. It's a great way now that he's on his "maintenance" diet to keep him active while still giving him food! Hmm now I'm tempted to hide their morning greens in there as well Very Happy I'm such a mean bunny mother.

Here are some photos of them searching. Bruce would occasionally give up and give to me to see if I'd just hand him treats. Ha! I'm dumb Bruce, but I'm not that dumb Very Happy

Making them work for their pellets! P2180029

Making them work for their pellets! P2180031

Making them work for their pellets! P2180028

Making them work for their pellets! P2180027
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Making them work for their pellets! Empty Re: Making them work for their pellets!

Post by LilyGrace Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:50 am

Ahh that's a great idea!! Unfortunately mine wake me up at 6 am to feed them so I'm always too sleepy to do something like that and end up sprinkling it on the carpet instead Laughing
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Making them work for their pellets! Empty Re: Making them work for their pellets!

Post by NSD Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:28 am

I'm at home today, that's the only reason why I had time to fix it up. Smile Usually their breakfast is just put on the floor for them to eat!
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:38 am

Thats fantastic. what a brilliant idea!

I love the pics too. They are both so gorgeous! Love

I want to give them both a big squish.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:00 am

Kool, I tweeted it.. ooh, hark at me Laughing
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:00 pm

Great idea, looks like they are enjoying themselves!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:57 pm

LilyGrace wrote:Ahh that's a great idea!! Unfortunately mine wake me up at 6 am to feed them so I'm always too sleepy to do something like that and end up sprinkling it on the carpet instead Making them work for their pellets! 811805

hmmmm, sprinkling it on the carpet instead............ i wonder if my kids will let me get away with that at 5.30am with their cornflakes!!!!

Thats a great idea about the tray, i tried the plastic bottle idea from Jay's video clip and the trio figured it out but the pair still have their pellets in the bottle!
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:46 pm

It is a good idea, keeps their little brains active and keeps them occupied. I'm afraid my Snuffie just gets him food given tohim and I have had no complaints so far LOL!! Beautiful bunnies, I have gone all gooey.

Joxx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:54 am

Brilliant, I love to see them working for their pellets
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down