Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poop Change. Could it be diarrhea?

+7
Shellypops
Snowy
Josephine
Catsknickers
Velvet.Tears
KatieB
alsseja
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Poop Change. Could it be diarrhea? - Page 2 Empty Re: Poop Change. Could it be diarrhea?

Post by Corrina Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:52 pm

Thats so sad. Not your fault though, the pet shop it seems, have taken her away from her Mum too early.

I had to take one of my rabbits to the vet this morning, to have him put to sleep - they will be together in heaven now.

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

Poop Change. Could it be diarrhea? - Page 2 Empty Re: Poop Change. Could it be diarrhea?

Post by Jay Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:15 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, you did everything right, I don't think she had a good start, I'm sorry x Sad
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:15 pm

Oh honey, I feel so much for you.

I really dont think that this had anything to do with the Pellets, she was just to young to have been taken away from her mummy. You did everything you could and gave her a very happy life all the time she was with you.

I hope that you are okay.

We are all here if for any reason you need us,

Katie
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:54 pm

Bless her and what a lovely resting place you have given her. So sorry your first encounter with bunnies had to be so heart breaking. I agree, if there are any animal welfare places you could report the pet shop to, I think you should. All her brothers and sisters could suffer the same fate Sad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:18 pm

have been following this thread and just wanted to say sorry about little emo Hugs i agree with everyone else that you should report the pet store. It may help stop her siblings suffering as well.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by alsseja Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:36 pm

Thanks everyone. I feel a lot better now. I'll let Emo stay in my heart for a while. I won't rush in buying pets anymore. I'll let you guys know if I get a bunny soon. I guess my heart breaking somehow made me realize how great loving a pet is. I don't regret having her at all. All of this also made me realize that it wasn't her who needed me, it was me who needed her. It was a whole lot better to have love and lost than to not love at all right? But its hard. I still can't get over her nose rubs after all.
I will be going to the pet store tomorrow to check on the baby bunnies. I will check up on her brothers and sisters, if I see anything wrong I promise I'll find someone to complain it to. Thank you everyone. It was a lot better sharing all of this to you guys Smile
alsseja
alsseja
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:43 pm

That is such an amazing attitude to have, you are totally right. If you get another bunny now you know where you can get answers and help from as we are all always here for advice and a chat! I did look up to see if there were any animal welfare places you could report too in the Philippines and I found a website for this one http://www.paws.org.ph/site/1/default.aspx
I read they oppose puppy farming and the selling of these animals in petshops, so maybe if you do feel you need to report anything they would be a good place to talk to. I also looked up the petshop you said you bought her from and someone had already reported them to this welfare charity a few years ago about the way they were keeping their dogs...

You sound like a very caring person and will be an amazing animal owner when you get the chance to again! Hugs Hugs I hope your broken heart feels better again soon xxxx
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by alsseja Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Lily, Its true. I have also read about the Bio research complaint about them keeping two dogs in cages too small for them. Whats worse was the lady shopkeeper went as far as too tell the customer, "..since you're that worried, why not buy them yourself?.." . I could understand why the customer felt really ******. Bio Research is by default named the Top Pet store here in the Philippines only because its the only famous store that sells actual animals. Most of the Pet stores here only sells accessories, food and toys. I believe that one of the major problems here in the Philippines is how people take care of their pets and yet it has only been given such small amount of attention. We are probably in the top 7 country who gives least attention to the stray dogs and cats roaming around. I would love to help but I don't know where and how to start..
Lily, if I see anything wrong with how the Bio Research branch I'm going to tomorrow operates their shop, I will let you know. I'll contact PAWS immediately. Thanks Smile
alsseja
alsseja
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:36 pm

The thing is with bunnies, that they touch your heart it such a special way. Five days or Five years, once they are in there thats it.

Emo was lucky to have loved you too.

Feel free to stay around and get stuck in hun. This site is for people who love bunnies, not just for people who have them.

Katie
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:31 pm

alsseja wrote:Lily, Its true. I have also read about the Bio research complaint about them keeping two dogs in cages too small for them. Whats worse was the lady shopkeeper went as far as too tell the customer, "..since you're that worried, why not buy them yourself?.." . I could understand why the customer felt really ******. Bio Research is by default named the Top Pet store here in the Philippines only because its the only famous store that sells actual animals. Most of the Pet stores here only sells accessories, food and toys. I believe that one of the major problems here in the Philippines is how people take care of their pets and yet it has only been given such small amount of attention. We are probably in the top 7 country who gives least attention to the stray dogs and cats roaming around. I would love to help but I don't know where and how to start..
Lily, if I see anything wrong with how the Bio Research branch I'm going to tomorrow operates their shop, I will let you know. I'll contact PAWS immediately. Thanks Smile

Even some petshops here keep their animals in appauling conditions, it's such a shame that people see them as a way to make money and nothing more! Emo was very lucky to have met you, such a pretty girl she was Smile! I agree with Katie, stick around and get stuck in with the bunny chat. Sometimes it's lovely just to see everyones bunny photos and hear their stories, always brightens up my day a bit! xx
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by alsseja Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:08 pm

Humm. Thanks Guys. I'll stick around for a bit. Smile
Here Lily, I went to the pet shop earlier. The shop keeper said all the bunnies were bought. There was one bunny left(male) I think he's around Emo's age. I didn't see anything wrong. No Wet poops sticking on the hay left or anything..

Poop Change. Could it be diarrhea? - Page 2 22032010

The left cage is for females and the right one is for males..
alsseja
alsseja
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Oh bless him, he's so cute! At least he has the space to himself now ^_^
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:22 pm

Did you know that there's a rabbit rescue in the Philippines?

Perhaps you could think about re-homing one that's already been abandoned - you may well avoid the problems from the pet store bunnies.. just a thought Smile

http://rabbit.rescueme.org/ph
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by alsseja Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi Jay! I went back to the pet store yesterday. They've got loads of bunny now. I saw some Dri Bath Powder for Rabbits. I wish I could've gotten some..

Also to the rabbit rescue, I subscribed to their mailing list just now! Thanks!
alsseja
alsseja
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2