Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daisy's Abscess Diary UD IMPROVEMENT? p16x

+23
Amelia66
ElleyMay
Snowy
Becki
Rosie Rabbit
Velvet.Tears
Dotdot
LilleJente
KathyT
NickieM
Josephine
Happy Hoppers
Yodaphine
LilyGrace
Jay
NSD
Dawnbunny
AprilGirl
wizbit
SarahJane
Catsknickers
jolovesbunnies
KatieB
27 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Daisy's Abscess Diary UD IMPROVEMENT? p16x  - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy's Abscess Diary UD IMPROVEMENT? p16x

Post by Rosie Rabbit Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Thinking of you and Daisy, Katie. It's an awful time for you. Sad

Sending massive vibes and hugs to you. xxx
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Daisy's Abscess Diary UD IMPROVEMENT? p16x  - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy's Abscess Diary UD IMPROVEMENT? p16x

Post by Becki Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:23 pm

Oh No, I have just caught up. I'm so sorry about the diagnosis Katie. It does sound as though he is getting the very best of treatment & care though. If anyone can do it, you two can. Sending loads of cuddles to Daisy Crying or Very sad XX
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Day 4.

Well today has been a busy day.
On advice from Mr C yesterday we suspended use of the Septrin last night until he could be seen this morning.

Daisy became a different bun last night. He had more energy and was hopping around eating little bits and bobs all on his own.

I mentioned this this morning and it looks like Daisy had been having a bad reaction to the Septrin. So we are now switched to Baytril. We didnt have a choice, the boy cannot get better if he is feeling to ill to eat, so we are having to go the baytril route again. He was teated last time with baytril and while it took an age it did work in the end (almost), so while I am concerned about it, I feel its the only way we can go.

Despite having yet another GA today he is brighter than yesterday, so Im hopeful that we can get him eating on his own again in the next day or so. he is always really slow to get eating properly after a GA, and he has had 2 in 4 days so he's not really eating very much today so we have critical cared him at lunchtime and then this eve. We are trying to persuade him to eat by himself in between.

Im trying to be positive today as I dont want my stress levels to rub off on the little man.

Thanks for the Vibes and good wishes everyone...keep em coming they are helping. x x x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:43 pm

I had to do it... Daisy Daisy give me your answer do were all crazy for the love of you Love
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:39 pm

It's good that you say he's brighter than yesterday despite the GA. What a shame about the Septrin - it's just so good that you have Mr C on hand who is so clued up.

Really hope you can get him eating well on his own and that the Baytril begins to kick in xxx
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:15 pm

Thats a shame about the septrin. Poor Daisy!Hope you are okay today Katie you must feel so drained x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:12 pm

It's good that you realised the ABX was making him ill. My friend's daughter recently had tonsillitis and was given an ABX for that and she had the most awful reaction. She was violently sick for over 24 hours and had terrible stomach cramps. If poor wee Daisy felt anything like that, it is no wonder he isn't interested in food.

Although the Baytril isn't as effective as Septrin, at least he can tolerate it and start to fight the infection. xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:52 pm

This is a brilliant thread Katie.........well you know what I mean, I am so sorry gorgeous Daisy B is going through all this again but I am sure you will win through, sending masses of vibes for your little man, if there is anything I can do you know where I am, sending hugs to you Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:29 pm

I've only just seen this. Katie, I'm so sorry you and Daisy are going through this. Lots of vibes to you and Daisy!

xo
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:15 pm

Day 5

Another mixed day.

He hadnt eaten over night so he had some critical care this morning, when I came home at lunch there had been some munching of hay and herbs, so I left him to eating by himself this afternoon half expecting to find the same when I got in this eve. He had a bit of a munch early eve but no where near enough.

so we have crit cared him again this eve. Im hoping he will be eating all by himself again tomorrow.

Im not sure if this is because he had 2 GA's in 4 days or if he is in pain and cant eat. He is so tired too. Again is this the GA's or the abscess. Im praying its the GA's.

Im still trying to stay positive, but Im not sleeping properly with the worry. I was really hoping to see more of an improvement by now. I suppose compared to how he was on saturday he is better, perhaps I am hoping for to much to soon. Being so exhausted doesn't help. But who am I to complain, my poor boy must be so uncomfortable.

Thank you so much for all the wishes, it means so much to me to have the support from people who understand how hard it is to have a poorly baby and to feel so helpless.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Stay strong Katie! Hugs I hope he can pull through this all xxxx
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:35 pm

"Get Well Soon" Vibes for the little fella. We are all thinking of you here, it is so hard when one of our furbabies are poorly. Hugs
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:35 pm

Sending loads more vibes to Daisy and you. Come on special wee fella get munching x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Fingers crossed that tomorrow is a better day. xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:59 am

Still sending masses of vibes and prayers to your special little boy xxx
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:58 pm

Hope gorgeous Daisy is doing better today.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:02 pm

Thinking of Daisy, Any update Katie? xx
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:34 pm

Hope Daisy is improving to today.
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Masses of get well vibes to Daisy, and huuuuge hugs to you! Hugs xx

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Day 6.

Good news!

The monkey didnt eat much over night so we syringed him this morning, but when I got home at lunchtime he had been nibbling, there were some semi-respectable poo's, and there were some nuggies missing........hmmmm either we have mice or........the boy was EATING!!!!!!!!!!

He seems a bit brighter in himself, and even managed to look cheeky earlier. Im not planning on syringing him tonight, I want him to get used to eating on his own for tonight at least, Ill re-asses things in the morning.

EDIT: WE HAVE A BINKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Last edited by Katieb on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:37 pm

Thumbs Up im glad he is improving, i think one syringing was enough and he decided eating was better than that again.

i hope he continues to improve.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:20 pm

I am SO glad he is on the mend and that cheeky little look is coming back.
I've been thinking about you everyday Smile
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:03 pm

Lets go Daisy Very Happy this is great binky news ......
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:07 pm

Oh brilliant. This is more like it Daisy, keep it up and we will all be very Happy Hopppers. Very Happy
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:10 am

So pleased to hear about this Katie. Such a relief for you.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next