Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cylap

+6
Rosie Rabbit
Jay
jolovesbunnies
Tuckerbunnies
KatieB
Felix&Willow
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gypsy - Cylap - Page 2 Empty Re: Cylap

Post by LilyGrace Wed May 11, 2011 5:29 pm

Well I am actually shocked...I was expecting them to say I don't know 70 - 100 pounds at the most...they told us that it would cost 400 pounds if we wanted to use Anivac as they apparently have to order in boxes of the stuff...We are now going to ring around other vets and find out if they can do it for us. Do you think it would be wise to maybe write a letter to them explaining why I requested it in the first place and with the research and information attatched? I'm glad I know from here that £400 is not true and I'm not really sure why they are telling us this other than they just don't see why we want to use it even though my OH explained to them the reasons. I felt quite dissapointed and angry when I found out... I feel it is totally within my rights to request this as I don't want to risk putting my rabbits through having Cylap when I know there is a safer cheaper vaccine around they can have.
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Wed May 11, 2011 6:19 pm

Shocked They are having a laugh, are'nt they. My vet uses Lapinjet. I have never paid any more than £17.50 for each of their jabs. Your vets are obviously not bothered about rabbit welfare. Mad

Last edited by Josephine on Wed May 11, 2011 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Wed May 11, 2011 6:25 pm

I have done some research and found another vets that have members of their team who have special interests in rabbits and exotics, it's quite a bit further away but I have emailed them asking about Anivac etc. If I don't get a reply by tomorrow eve I shall give them a call.
http://www.merialvetsite.com/sites/prcooper/home.html
their website looks quite good and they even have a diet section about rabbits and explaining about how their teeth grow. I'm quite impressed I must say! Fingers crossed I have a good reply back from them Smile
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed May 11, 2011 6:29 pm

LilyGrace wrote:Well I am actually shocked...I was expecting them to say I don't know 70 - 100 pounds at the most...they told us that it would cost 400 pounds if we wanted to use Anivac as they apparently have to order in boxes of the stuff...We are now going to ring around other vets and find out if they can do it for us. Do you think it would be wise to maybe write a letter to them explaining why I requested it in the first place and with the research and information attatched? I'm glad I know from here that £400 is not true and I'm not really sure why they are telling us this other than they just don't see why we want to use it even though my OH explained to them the reasons. I felt quite dissapointed and angry when I found out... I feel it is totally within my rights to request this as I don't want to risk putting my rabbits through having Cylap when I know there is a safer cheaper vaccine around they can have.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Wed May 11, 2011 6:44 pm

Just spoke to my OH as well who is the one who spoke to them and she just kept saying what the girl said yesterday too that "we wouldn't use it if there was anything wrong with it" and "Have you actually had any problems with it personally?"...as if we are just kicking up a fuss for no reason...or we're stupid, oh and that her rabbit had it and he was fine. They didn't even seem curious as to what we thought was actually wrong with it or anything. Really not happy with this. I think I must be annoying everyone whose at home atm, cus I've been ranting about it since I got in at half past 5 Laughing
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Wed May 11, 2011 8:26 pm

Shocking, i really should have videoed felix hobbling about, and both slept for the majority of 2 days after, i had never noticed them yawn before, then they were doing it constantly in between sleeps. Good luck with new vets lilygrace, im going 7 miles further out now x
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed May 11, 2011 8:42 pm

They do make you mad don't they love? I posted on here today screaming because someone had said bunies were evil.

You rant to us, we do not mind. Time for a change of vet - I would let them know how angry you are.

Hugs

Jo x

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed May 11, 2011 11:52 pm

I asked my vets to order it in specially and it cost me exactly the same as if I had used Cylap - about £18. I think your vets are being really unhelpful. I really don't think my vets ordered in 400 shots at all.

Next time I am in - which will probably be early next week - I will ask them about ordering stuff and if there are minimum amounts. It might be that they have a lot of Cylap that they are scared will go out of date. In any case, it is very unfair what they are doing. I would be tempted to change vets if you can.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Thu May 12, 2011 12:11 am

Thanks Nickie, I wandered if it might be...like where I work when they order things in...they have to order in minimum amount of boxes but that's cinema food...so no idea if it'd be the same for a vets. They just seemed to be suggesting to my OH that because we havent personally had a problem with it then we had no reason to be requesting this. I have emailed a different vets about it...fingers crossed they can help. Smile

*edit* Yey! Heard back from the other vets and they use Anivac anyway and for the reasons I stated in my email Happy Dance I'm actually so happy! I have high hopes for this vets now...actually quite excited haha.
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu May 12, 2011 7:48 pm

cheers cheers cheers

I would be tempted to write a polite letter your old vets (after you have decided you like the new ones!) letting them know why you are switching and letting them know how unhappy you were about their attitude to your animals' care and your custom.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri May 13, 2011 9:53 am

F&W & LillyGrace, can I use some of the content of your posts in the article I'm writing about this episode? Let me know, I'll be linking to the threads anyway
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Fri May 13, 2011 10:32 am

Yeah sure no problem Smile
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Fri May 13, 2011 11:50 am

Absolutely x
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Gypsy - Cylap - Page 2 Empty Gypsy & his VHD Limp .....For Jay

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri May 13, 2011 3:19 pm

It was back in 2005 or maybe longer as Gypsy is nearly 7 now and we had taken him for his VHD cyclap vaccine which he had with no problem and we took him home and put him back in his indoor home to settle. At Night we took him out to put him in his play pen and noticed he was holding one of his front legs up. We thought at first he had something stuck in his paw but of course there was nothing there. We thought we would leave him till the following day to see how he was but he was just the same the next morning and we took him back to our vets. I explained he was ok when we brought him for his VHD vaccine and now he is holding his leg up. The vet had no idea apart from she thought she may have caught a nerve and that's why he was limping and did apologise. We think now it was the VHD limp that is now associated with Cyclap but in 2005 you didn't hear or know of any problems with Cyclap so we were none the wiser.
Gypsy's limp went after about 4 days.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2