Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dilemma :(

4 posters

Go down

Dilemma :( Empty Dilemma :(

Post by iiisecondcreep Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:34 pm

Ok so I have found a foster home for my temporary house guest.

The person has plenty spare hutches and a nice big garden with lots of runs so she can get outside. They have their own buns plus 2 other foster buns.

This person can offer her a better home than we can, but it would be temporary (for as long as necessary). And then she'd go to her forever home, whenever and wherever that may be.

My dilemma is that she is starting to settle here. And I feel really bad for her that she is going to get all unsettled again, then she'd hopefully settle in again but then have to get moved on again. I leave for America on Wednesday, and i won't be back until september in the meantime my oh would care for her. But he will be out at work all day during the week and is going to Germany on weds until sunday, and then he's down south next weekend and then he will be joining me in America at the end of Aug for 2 weeks. For these times we'd have to get my sister or mum to look after her.

Can someone please tell me that the best thing to do is to hand her over to the foster home. I feel so bad causing her more stress but i really want to do whatever is best for her in the long term.

I thought we'd have been able to find a home for her straight away, before she got the chance to start settling down. I had no idea how many buns were in rescues. That would have made this so much easier. I feel that giving her to the foster home is the best solution for her in the long term, because of all the time she'd have to spend alone if she stayed with us. I'm probably just being selfish wanting to keep her, but its just so nice seeing her being playful and seeming so much happier than she's been in a long time. i know she'll settle at the foster, it just seems such a shame to unsettle her again so soon.

I'd really appreciate some advice asap, as I have very little time to make this decision Sad

here are my threads about her:
https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t12506-hello-from-me-and-my-temporary-house-guest
https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t12525-video-of-my-temporary-houseguest
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Dilemma :( Empty Re: Dilemma :(

Post by KatieB Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:58 am

Oh honey - Im not surprised you have fallen in love with her.

what about you give her to the foster home for now....and then go and get her back when you are back from the US?

Have you been to see the foster home? Have you any reccomendations from anyone about it?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:35 am

I haven't but the person is fostering for the rescue that i was recommended by several people, and I saw some pictures of the runs the buns are in and it looks really nice. I've not visited, its quite far- an hours drive.

Would it be fair on her to collect her again when I got back? Would she even remember us after 6 weeks? :\
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:00 am

If you love her and would like to keep her - then of course its fair. All she wants is someone to take care of her and love her. If she comes to live with you she is guaranteed that - she will move onto a new home anyway and it might not be as nice as yours.

She will remember you - you saved her life.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:01 pm

#
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:22 pm

Problem solved.

After the oh saying we could keep her he changed his mind (at 9pm this evening) when he saw the size of the pen so she'll be going to the foster tomorrow.
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:29 pm

Are you okay?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:33 pm

How are you doing pet? Are you OK? Did you get my PM?
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:37 pm

Inthink that is the right decision. She will soon settle x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:12 pm

NickieM wrote:How are you doing pet? Are you OK? Did you get my PM?

i did thanks, yeah Smile

Ok well the plan of going to the foster didn't work out, as I have simply ran out of time (writing this whilst checking in online before returning to running around frantically trying to get ready), I need to be at the airport for 3am and i am not ready. Main reason being i moved my pony to a new yard last week and he has been n 2 seperate fields at the new yard and being badly bullied in both. He's retired with arthritis and can't defend himself or run fast enough to get away so most of yesterday evening was spent with him and most of this morning as well. And now I won't even be there next time he gets turned out. Worried sick about him, I know the yard manager will look after him well but I can't help but feel awful for him Sad

Anyway, bun will be going in another room with the pen up full and the door left open all the time. When people are in she will be free range (once she has the confidence).

For this weekend while my oh is away my mum and sister are going to take turns at coming over and cleaning her out etc and spending some time with her.

The foster person has said she can take the bun at a later date if we decide she needs another home, but at least by then she will be up to date on her vaccinations and we will have had her speyed so the foster person won't have to deal with these things.

Thanks for everyones advice and support, I'm sorry for being so seemingly indecisive. I've just got so much on my plate right now.

Anyway, thanks
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:24 pm

If you want to let your mum and sister know that if they want to log if they have any problems while you are away and we can help them out. If they get stuck on anything please ask and we will be happy to help.

Look forward to hearing from you when you get back.

Katie x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:31 pm

I will do that, thanks Smile
iiisecondcreep