Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skyes been admitted now UD - Shes home :)

+7
Catsknickers
JoeyBunsMum
Thumper2001
Tuckerbunnies
KatieB
fall3n-ang3l
marleyNfriends
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Skyes been admitted now UD - Shes home :) Empty Skyes been admitted now UD - Shes home :)

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:24 am

Will call the vets at 2ish and see if it all went ok...

Not very reassuring when the vet nurse says [i]"Oh, shes tiny! Im glad im not assisting with this one!" Shocked Well thanks for the confidence boost Nina!! Rolling Eyes Thankfully ive got a lot of faith in Jane Smile

Got the lodgers run sorted now too, so starting to feel a little less stressed!

Last edited by marleyNfriends on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Skyes been admitted now UD - Shes home :) Empty Re: Skyes been admitted now UD - Shes home :)

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:58 am

got everything crossed shes ok Hugs
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Skyes been admitted now UD - Shes home :) Empty Re: Skyes been admitted now UD - Shes home :)

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:09 am

fall3n-ang3l wrote:got everything crossed shes ok Hugs

Thank you. Im a little less stressed now, but even more tired! lol.

Everybun is fed and watered, but theres bunny stuff all over the place and i want nothing more than to crawl back into bed! Not feeling well either, which doesnt help! Rolling Eyes

Ive got a list of things to do, which is as long as my arm, but i just cant find the energy!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:24 am

You are probably feeling unwell as you have got yourself really stressed. I am sure it will all be fine. You should mention what the nurse said when picking Skye up, they should be more tactful and the only the way they learn is if someone says something - not to really complain but just to say this was said and it was really unhelpful. If it was a nurse in a hospital operating on your child you wouldn't accept it so why should you accept it at the vets? Small animals are more fiddly but I had one of my guinea pigs done as she was really aggressive to other piggies and she came through fine so Skye should be fine also.

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:37 am

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:You are probably feeling unwell as you have got yourself really stressed. I am sure it will all be fine. You should mention what the nurse said when picking Skye up, they should be more tactful and the only the way they learn is if someone says something - not to really complain but just to say this was said and it was really unhelpful. If it was a nurse in a hospital operating on your child you wouldn't accept it so why should you accept it at the vets? Small animals are more fiddly but I had one of my guinea pigs done as she was really aggressive to other piggies and she came through fine so Skye should be fine also.

Nina does sort of know me, she wouldnt have said it to anyone else i dont think, but i will mention it if i get called into a consultation room. I dont like complaining in a busy recepton area Embarassed but i know exactly what your saying, and if Skye was my first rabbit, it would have really scared me.

Is a snuggle safe necessary when she comes home? Im just part way through doing her cage. Ive covered one end up with a fleece so Poppy dog doesnt peer in at her and stress her out. She has her bunny teddy that she likes to snuggle up with and an extra soft fleece in one corner. Im wondering if i should just put newspaper in teh litter tray and change it daily for now? Will make it easier to see if shes done any poos.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:56 am

Thinking of you both Hun. It's an anxious wait I know. Sending hugs. X.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:49 pm

Hope everything go's well for beautiful Skye if you are anything like me you are watching the clock and pacing the floor.

Keep us posted xxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:03 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote: Hope everything go's well for beautiful Skye if you are anything like me you are watching the clock and pacing the floor.

Keep us posted xxxxxx

Im trying my hardest to stay awake, actually! Embarassed But i am watching the clock. I think im going to try and get everything done and have a nap. Im not fretting now, but i will be when she comes home, i hate trying to get them to eat. Marley was a doddle, Dolly on the other hand!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:05 pm

I think a nap will do you good actually xxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:43 pm

It's such a long day waiting for the time you can phone to come around.

I'm sure she is fine and not long to go now.

Keep us posted Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:52 pm

I can collect her anytime after 4pm. Smile I didnt get much more information, she said she would have to put me through to Jane, but didnt want to disturb her. Ill speak to the vet in a couple of hours anyway and see if shes eaten and had a drink.

Ive got a bottle of rose and a card for my friends mum. Shes one of the vet nurses and will be taking her back in tomorrow for me while im at the hospital.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Oh I'm so glad you can soon collect her...not long now Happy Dance

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:11 pm

It all sounds good! So happy to hear! Very Happy
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Thanks for all the vibes and kind words Smile
We couldnt get to the vets until 5.30 but we've been home 10 minutes and shes looking surprisingly bright! Love

They said she did a few poos, and ive just changed a soggy blanky, but they said she hasnt really eaten anything. Shes eaten the treats out of her lunch box and nibbled some of the hay with forage mixed in, but that might have been before she was done.

Shes looking good though, shes had lots of nose and cheek rubs, but i havent picked her up to look at her wound, ill probably wait until later tonight/tomorrow morning. Shes just sat amongst her toys like "I wants to plat, but i cants!" Love Little cutie.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:20 pm

So glad she is doing well. Sending nose rubs and hugs. And get some rest for yourself too!

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:30 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:So glad she is doing well. Sending nose rubs and hugs. And get some rest for yourself too!

Rest?! Ive had a litre of Lucozade! Im on the ceiling now! Shocked Laughing
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:02 pm

So glad she is ok x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Litre of Lucozade!!!! Your pee will be orange! Laughing

It sounds like she is going to be just fine. You'll notice a big difference in the next 24 hours or so. xx

Bet you sleep a lot better tonight Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Happy Dance cheers Happy Dance cheers

Glad she's home and ok Thumbs Up
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:30 pm

Glad she is home and okay. hopfully she will start nibbling away soon.

Please give her a gentle cuddle from me x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:45 pm

wonderfull news Hugs
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Smile

Shes done a few poos and has eaten some plantain now too. Happy Dance
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:00 am

So glad she's home and from the sound of it she's nibbling and pooping...that's all good Happy Dance Happy Dance

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:52 am

yayyyy....Go Skye x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:14 am

yeaaaaaa so pleased she has had something to eat and done a few poo's Very Happy how is she today?
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next