Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family day out - the day after Skyes Spay!!

+2
fall3n-ang3l
marleyNfriends
6 posters

Go down

Family day out - the day after Skyes Spay!!  Empty Family day out - the day after Skyes Spay!!

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:57 pm

Not sure what to do. I cant not go, my family will be annoyed as we really need to spend some time together and we cant cancel now because everything has been payed for - were going to Flamingo Land.

Skye is being spayed on the 24th, the day before we go out for the day. I wouldnt be quite so worried, but the 2 bunny savvy people i would usually get to keep an eye on her are both on holiday, and im actually bunny sitting for one of them!

The day after shes likely to still be a bit groggy and quiet, and possibly still not eating. I have no idea what to do, it wouldnt be so bad if it was half a day, but its going to be an early start and we'll be home lateish too.

Any ideas what i should do? My worst fear is that i *think* shes ok, but i come home to find a bunny in stasis or that she pulls at her wound. I also cant cancel the spay either.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Family day out - the day after Skyes Spay!!  Empty Re: Family day out - the day after Skyes Spay!!

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:44 pm

its a tricky one,isnt there anyone else who could just keep an eye on her and if they see anything wrong then give you a call? or cant you ask your family if you could come back a little earlier. isnt there anyone who board rabbits who would be willing to look after for a day? sorry no help really and i cant think of anything else
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Family day out - the day after Skyes Spay!!  Empty Re: Family day out - the day after Skyes Spay!!

Post by SarahJane Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Hmm, its a tricky one, I wouldnt do it because its very risky if she doesnt eat afterwards or pulls the stitches open, can you change the spay day rather than cancel or can you not do that either?

The other alternative is to ask the vets if she can stay overnight and you wil pick her up the evening you are back, she would be in safe hands and you wouldnt worry. x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:22 pm

Im going to call the vets and see if it can be done either the Monday or Tuesday instead. If i can get it changed, it will be a different vet, who ive never used before. Its not ideal, but at least i will be around afterwards.

If i cant change it, ill have to see if i can take her to a friend...but shes not particularly bunny savvy. I guess i will have to make sure whoever looks after her is prepared for every eventuality.

Im not v comfortable with it though, too many "what if's"
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:23 pm

I wouldn't be keen to leave her either. It's such a delicate time.

Good idea by SarahJane, try and change the spay day. The chances are, even if you do find someone to check on her, you will just worry being away from her and probably wont enjoy your day out anyway.

Any decent vet will understand why you want to rearrange once you've explained the situation.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:43 pm

She will need care after her spay I would certainly try and be there for her or change her spay date if it's poss.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Hope you figure out a solution, I agree that it is important she is with someone who will notice any changes after her spay. Fingers crossed you can change the day
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:42 pm

Im going to call the vets tomorrow. Best time would have been tonight, right before Jane leaves, but mum was using my phone!

Will see what i can do tomorrow. Ive told my parents i might not be able to go, but they dont understand how important it is. If i cant get the date changed and i go out for the say, Ill only worry about her, even if someone else is looking after her.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:50 pm

It's sooooooooooo frustrating when people just don't get it.

I reckon my nearest and dearest just think I'm being obsessive sometimes, even the oh. They just don't understand what delicate little creatures they are Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down