Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do you bath and groom often

+7
woodwench
Jay
jolovesbunnies
4390evans
Becki
fall3n-ang3l
dizzylynn
11 posters

Go down

do you bath and groom often Empty do you bath and groom often

Post by dizzylynn Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:08 pm

Hi all, do you bath your bunnies often and groom them oftne, charlie is casting like crazy was going to use the slicker brush on him but he wont stay still long enough lol. I also wondered how often you need to bath them if at all. I check his bum when he lets me, so far nothing there cant see anything out of place, but he tenses up so its hard to see properly. I am sure if anythign major was there would see it regardless. I asked the vet to show me houw to clip the nails, but he said they really shouldnt need this done if there out and about getting regular run abouts they ware them down themselfs.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

do you bath and groom often Empty Re: do you bath and groom often

Post by fall3n-ang3l Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:29 pm

ive havent bathed mine and grooming,spike i can brush,so if i can i do it once a day but snowflake,she doesnt like been touched so its very hard to do her,i really need to do it soon as she is looking rather messy
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:37 pm

I never ever bath them, its un-neccessary in a healthy rabbit.
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Thankgoodness, really didnt see that being an easy job, grooming I might do tho just to help with him casting for his winter coat. I found a flea on him this morning, but it was on his ear, so searched the rest of is body, nothing else on him and no flea dirt so must have been a tag along the dogs picked up, it was half dead so probs bit the dogs which will have killed it lol.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:41 pm

I only brush mine through if they look grubby but if I put any in with jasper he loves to groom the ladies Wink !!! Twink is always well turned out after a night with jasper, as she is the only one I can put him in with atm x
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:50 pm

Snuffie wets his panties sometimes, which the vet says is due to his age. Sometimes he just has a botty bath.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:14 pm

I give the bear a thorough brush and comb once a week, and a jaw line checks, ear sniffing, and skeletal inspection (he's very active, so i need to check his bones are all ok). He gets a soft haired brush every other day, but just for a couple of mins, but he quite likes it.

I've never bathed him, I did used to have to spot clean Bertie's derriere every now and then, when he was having horrendous poos before we got a correct diagnosis, but I wouldn't ever bath a rabbit completely.

It really depends on the coat, long haired coats, esp angoras, need regular brushing/combing.
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:29 pm

Brush Lil Loll when I can catch him... once a week normally but two or three times when he's moulting.

I've never bathed a rabbit. Did wash Riley's rear on the odd occasion that it was sticky, but all my buns have kept themselves spick and span with just a touch of the brush from me.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagila Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:50 pm

We never bathe G & B, but I do brush them every day.. They quite like it especially if I brush along the face Razz I think they think I'm giving them nose rubs. They also like it if I pet them against the growing direction of the hair which gets most of the casting hairs out Smile
Nagila
Nagila
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:50 pm

I bathed Bruce once when he leant against a fence I had just painted cream but I would not do it a regular thing. And neither like being brushed, although the stroking Bruce demands it as good as I think. He will let me de matt his mane with my fingers but not with a brush. And he moodily allows me to pluck him come moulting time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:31 pm

I don't think my trio would ever forgive me if I tried to bath them! Faline defo would never speak to me again, Hazel would thump her feet and Vince would give me evils foreverdo you bath and groom often 811805 Recently Vince has been sporting a tu tu, as his fur is coming out and gathering around his bum, so I pull that out for him but I don't think he likes it muchdo you bath and groom often 913859
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Ive never bathed Daisy and he has always had a really clean bottom so Ive never needed to clean that either.

He gets a groom for as many seconds as he will allow me to a couple of times a week. Sometimes he will let me do it - other times he will hop off in disgust!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by And Clover makes 4 Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:49 am

Red and Het were bathed at a few months old as they had upset stomach and matted poo which bath softened. We didn't know that giving bunnies cold veg upsets their wee stomachs. They had to be bathed a few months after we had Shadow, along with her as they went through a stage of peeing on each other and they were all smelly and streaky. Clover has been bathed once as her bottom was dirty, she likes to steal other bunnies veg lol
And Clover makes 4
And Clover makes 4
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-09-20

https://www.facebook.com\JulieGillies85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down