Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bunny bath

3 posters

Go down

bunny bath Empty bunny bath

Post by Ruffin Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:07 pm

[b]Just saw a vidio on U tube named " Just A Bunny Taking A Bath In A Sink" would have put a link but havnt got a clue how to if anyone else has seen it or can watch it has the poor bunny been tranced or is it just very chilled or on drugs if I tried it with any of mine I would be shreded within 30 seconds
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

bunny bath Empty Re: bunny bath

Post by gentl Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:58 pm

I've seen it. Some bunnies are very chilled about baths. Some even LIKE to swim in pools. Of course, where I an outdoor pool may have 88 F water. Rory likes to get in the shower with me for some reason. Silly bunny.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:27 pm

It isn't recommended to immerse a rabbit in a bath. They can chill very easily and their fur takes a long time to dry. Rabbits sometimes need to be bottom bathed if their fur is soiled because of the risk of fly strike, but complete bathing is not a good idea.

Some of the videos on YouTube purport to show rabbits 'who like being in the pool' but there is rarely footage of a rabbit choosing to go into the pool and the suspicion I have is that their owners put them in and enjoy watching them 'swim'. In the wild rabbits would not choose to enter a body of water and I find it unlikely that domestic rabbits would choose to do this.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down