Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stars cold

3 posters

Go down

stars cold Empty stars cold

Post by 4390evans Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:35 pm

So Ive had to bring star in about 4 am this morning as he was realy cold, he has loads of hay and newspaper but he is used to having someone to snuggle with but now our thumper is being spoilt else where Im wondeing is there a mat or something I can buy and heat up for him???
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

stars cold Empty Re: stars cold

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:22 pm

Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:31 pm

As I think someone said on another thread - bringing him in is not a good plan as it can be quite a struggle for buns to go from outside temps to indoor ones then go back out again. And it mucks up their ability to develop the irhgt ocat for the conditions. And it is not really cold enough yet for buns to be struggling as long as they haver adequate bedding. A box filled with hay and straw and lined with vetbed should give him somewhere nice and snuggly now and when the temp drops again you can bury the box in straw and hay to improve the insulation. Covering his hutch with insulation whether indoors or out is a good plan. Whether you go on the carpet or duvet + tarp route or whether you get one of the purpose made covers and insulators. And even if in a shed a cover for the front of the hutch overnight is a good plan as it traps the bun produced ambient heat in the hutch. You could use a blanket for this if the hutch in in a shed - but make sure you remove it during the day so the bun gets light and air. The heat pods you can get are good but some buns just won't use them.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:10 pm

I only brought him in for the morning to give him a good rub down warm him up, I might see if I can put him in with ginge and he is a very calm bun also dunno we'll see Thanks hun xx
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:51 am

Were they bonded and now separated??

I expect he will be stressed by this too. I would suggest bonding him with another neutered bun.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down